It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Possible Terror-related activity in NW Ohio

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The student visas were proven fake, that alone should raise a red flag!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hello,
I just like to say that for many decades now the Saudi's have been connected to some form of Terrorism and when Osama Bin Laden came into the picture it was for sure..But the Saudi's had bigger plots but was exposed by Osama and so they had no option to close their plots.
Basically Osama did it all for them.
Now I wanted to say was its in the tactic to urban warfare to keep a low profile, fit in with the crowd, and do the activities the Americans do so it won't raise flags of what they really up to. Example to catch a crook you have to be a crook.
So maybe this raises red flags for sure as they seemed too comfortable using Uzi's and one have to wonder who the main target would be pictured of.
If it was me I report as well, I have been many places and seen Arabs and they never seem to be very friendly to me especially my kindness seems to scare them which sends red flags to me why they so nervous and trying to avoid me.
I do believe there are many more plots to be waged on us from many foreign fronts and I can't help to think that our own Govt. in some way is lending a hand to it..
thats it for now.... Just pray it wont happen, but i feel it will.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It amazes me the amount of reactionary, non critical / uninformed responses threads get on ATS these days.

1. Arabic looking people
I'm sorry but if you were to describe someone like that I can form an image in my mind that fits a large number of Middle Eastern people from specific blood lines. If that makes me a racists then oh well, I can do the same thing for a lot of other "general" descriptions of just about any ethnic background.

2. An uzi is one of the few rapid fire capable weapons w/ large magazines which are easily concealed. Given most of them don't shoot for crap without experience and knowing how to zero them properly I'd be suspicious about it also, especially if no other weapons were rented / shot by the group.

3. Terrorists in planning and rehearsal for attacks have been arrested in the US before after being reported for suspicious activity at gun ranges and on private property "training camps". The scenario described is not unheard of.

There's nothing wrong with reporting it, if they aren't doing anything wrong they won't end up in a CIA friendly country being tortured. Despite the Patriot Act the FBI still has a very strong culture of civil rights / no profiling which was part of what led to the 9/11 hijackers not being caught before they acted (along with supervisors actively discouraging agents from pursuing them but that's another subject).

Sooner or later you will see the type of attack that happened in India occur in the US (multiple shooters attacking many targets across a city or several cities). It's a type of terror attack that's easier to launch, relatively cheap and has a huge media pay off. I hope our various protective systems are able to stop it in time but I wouldn't bet against it at this point in time.

The problem with all our high tech intel capabilities is how much of it has been made public. These groups know very well how to run no tech, traditional counter intel ops.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by garberinc
Super Mod "Don't Tread on Me" advised to post this here and it will be moved to appropriate forum.

I'm a long time reader, first time poster!

I live in NW Ohio near Toledo in a rural area. Two Sundays ago, a good friend of mine went to a local and very rural gun range to practice his skills. He has his CCW permit and goes there frequently. On this day he was getting ready to shoot, when four "Arabic looking" men came in. They spoke broken English and requested access to the range. As per the rules of the range, they had to provide ID. They each produced Student Visas from Saudi Arabia and said they were attending a university in the area. My friend said each wallet was brand new, had crisp cash in it and the student visa only.
The men requested to shoot an American made Uzi specifically. They said they were new to shooting, and that they never fired and Uzi and wanted to try.
While on the range, my friend watched them. He said one of the men was clearly trained or had experience in using an Uzi or other similar firearm. He said he was center mass on every shot. he said they spoke a lot among themselves in a foreign language and the "leader" was showing the others how to shoot the weapon.
When my friend left, he said the same vehicles were parked outside as when he came in, but the four men were still inside the range shooting. He figures they were dropped off.
There were many red flags, as you can read above. After hearing this info, I couldn't not say anything. I asked my friend to call the FBI tip line, but he said he didn't want to get anyone in trouble, didn't want the gun range owner to be mad at him, or whatever.
I couldn't take it. We have a nuclear power plant in our county, only a few miles from this gun range! So, I called the local FBI office. The agent took all the info and seemed very interested. He said they would send a team to investigate the gun range. I asked him if he has heard of this type of activity in the area. The agent said, "all I can say is that we have made terror related arrests in the Toledo area. This is what they are doing.... they are in training". My jaw dropped. This could be the real deal!
I told my friend this info and now he is on board with reporting it to the FBI. He called the agent and got involved. A few days ago, another FBI agent called my friend and asked a few more questions. He then told my friend that they called the university the four men claimed to have student visas to attend. The university denied have anyone enrolled on a student visa from Saudi Arabia. So, the plot thickens.

I guess the point of this post is to let any ATS readers know in NW Ohio that there definitely is some suspicious activity in our area. Please be vigilant. Please report anything you see that is unusual. The FBI is very interested in any and all tips, no matter how seemingly minute. Who knows if this will amount to anything, but I can sleep better knowing I did my part by reporting it to the authorities.

Thank you for reading. And, it's my first time, so go easy on me!

Now I'm not calling your post a hoax... But there is one particular thing that stands out as very fishy to me.

I have pretty good working knowledge of the SOP of most agencies because of family connections (father is a Homicide/Arson detective for a Sheriff department and also a Command (recently promoted!) Chief Master Sergeant with the Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal, my cousin is an FBI linguist, and my uncle works for the National Reconnaissance office through the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, the list goes on... I'm the black sheep, lol). I find it highly suspect that the FBI would share information with you in what would be an ongoing investigation. For them to tell you that they called the college and we're told the school doesn't have any Saudi students enrolled doesn't really add up to me. I also find it hard to believe that they would tell you that they had made terror related arrests in the area and that they were "training". Just my 2 cents... I could of course be completely wrong.

P.S.
If your talking about the University of Toledo... They have a Saudi Arabian student club there...
edit on 5/18/2012 by Lorienth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
well i guess this is what happens when you create a nation of xenophobes from an attack blamed on foreigners tha was actually done by dual citizenship israeli/americans.

I feel sorry for you OP, the only people hell bent on wanting to take your freedoms away are those you won't even point the finger at, excellent double think training instilled in you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Yes our overlord Napolitano would be proud!

When was the last time a terrorist attack in this country occurred that wasn't fabricated by CIA/FBI?

And there are good folks in the FBI, unfortunately there are bads as well, and CIA is riddled with bads.

I trust those Saudis more than the terrorist hotline people.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyDactyly

well i'm just glad that most of the ATS crew responded with human emotions to the original post.
ya there were a few boobs spewing out crap,but i think we dealt with them correctly!

i just wish the the thread was never posted! probably fake anyway!
peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by garberinc

Great story but I would probably say since its an open investigation I wouldn't be commenting on it publicly haha...NO biggie, I doubt they would read this thread, but still you never know...if they were terrorists and did read this thread they may have a heads up! Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

First of all, I agree with the OP. I myself would have thought everything that you wrote about was odd but from what I see it does not end there and I'm not saying what you did is wrong I do however want to give another view point.

1. The FBI replied they are in training: Yes they are, by the gun range. I never heard of a gun range offering guns for you to shoot. Every gun range I have been to, you show up with your own gun/guns and shoot. The way I see it the gun range is offering the training! If they cannot get their own gun, why put one in their hands? On the contrary maybe they are not sure if they want to own a gun because they are that new to guns. The best thing that should be done then is that someone takes them by the hand and teaches them, the same way a father teaches his kids. BUT that's not what I hear, because they knew what gun they wanted. Also, I do not believe that it should be offered by the gun range, it should be offered by a friend, family member or part of a job training.

2. I find it very strange that an ATS member felt calling the FBI was for sure the "answer". I have read posts that the person who calls such an agency is monitored more than the people in question, causing a doubt in the belief in calling them a good option. Not to mention how 9/11 and many other events seem to have been an inside job, it is you who may now be on the radar not the people you called about.

3. Who has been to Israel? I personally have not but from what I have personally heard and read, when you get there, you pretty much get questioned why you are there. Establishing which side you are on. Why? Because the tensions are so HIGH that any overly zealous religious person could start a firestorm by simply being in the wrong place and saying the wrong things. So, once they know what you are there for they steer you in that direction.
I currently see that happening here. This nation (the US) is being divided and more than in 2 (I think I have seen a few post on here about civil war coming). Why? That's simple, United we stand, divided we fall. AS I said before, there is one enemy in a world world government the PEOPLE. Would it not be the plot of the NWO to have the US divided for better control? If we are fighting with people we live among, wouldn't it be easier for the people pulling the strings to be guiding both sides by their (the peoples) emotions?
That's why I say: I'm not saying you did the wrong thing (only time will tell). However, what I am saying is that with almost every situation, I see a no win situation. Which, only makes sense because when someone is pulling the strings on almost every side we can see, the choices of our actions become all but impossible to be the right decision. Is that not what conspiracy people have pointed out? The never ending war on terror was created to get more and more control of the people.
It sure is clear to me that what this nation once stood for, is broken down, we now cannot trust anyone different than who we are even though this is the melting pot. For all we know (from the info given) the people at the gun range see what I just said, have left their country because of the situations there, have come here for freedom, have come here to stand with what seems to be the other side. Maybe they could not get firearm training in their country without joining something they do not want to be a part of.
AND for clarity: maybe you did the right thing, maybe the people you called are still part of the good and will stop a terrorist plot.
At this point in my life I truly believe you have good and bad pockets every where. Good parts of the FBI, Police, etc, that do what they are suppost to do and Bad parts that are working for the NWO. You know similar to the X-files TV show that Fox Mulder had to deal with the currupt and those he trusted.

Gotta get moving onto to work, if any of this has already been said, sorry did not have the time to read all the posts.

Hopefully you contacted a good section of the FBI and those in question, if are up to no good will be caught before it is a problem.

PS - An example of good and bad pockets of police: Where I used to live the police rub each other's backs. If a cop in that area pulled over a fellow officer who was DUI, they would be left go maybe even driven home by the one on duty. In another area I have lived, all the time in the local papers where officers taking in fellow officers for DUI and the officer who was DUI lost his job.
The civil war is coming, those who are with following the system and those who are not. Division will be among: Politicians, Police, FBI, civilians, families, friends, religious leaders, everywhere! Hence, you have good and bad pockets.

edit on 18-5-2012 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
An uzi is a very specific weapon, and although they can be utilized in a variety of situations, and are very compact, they have disadvantages compared with other compact firearms. However, IF you weren't very accurate, you may want to use an uzi given the rapid fire rate. Possibility at least.

But, if they were spies or "terrorists" they would have no need to train here in the states, for the most part. Weapons training could have been supplied elsewhere. Now, maybe they are planning for their own little war or something, without sanctioning from a foreign power, which is more likely. Not necessarily the truth, but again, a possibility.

I disagree with reporting anyone of Middle Eastern descent, but if they were acting as strangely as the OP says, maybe something was up. But maybe the OP and his friend were overreacting. Hard to say without being there to tell you the truth.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
the local fbi office ... laughing my ass off

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loon3yToOns
the local fbi office ... laughing my ass off

Actually... Ohio has FBI field offices (divisions, whatever you want to call them) in Cleveland and Cinncinati. They also have what is called an FBI resident agency (basically a sub-division of one of the two main offices, helping to break the state up into smaller jurisdictions based on counties, as an entire state is a lot of ground to cover for two offices) in Toledo, Ohio.

P.S. to the OP and others following this...

I've confirmed it with my cousin through a text that there is NO WAY the FBI would have stated anything about any sort of ongoing investigation. It is their policy not to release ANY information about an ongoing investigation until charges are filed. Someone from the FBI who is found to be giving out information about an ongoing investigation would most likely be released from the agency and possibly be facing criminal charges.
edit on 5/18/2012 by Lorienth because: Changed "there" to "their".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by PaTommyJ

I don't see anything chilling about the correlations you are trying to piece together.

Those war-profiteers need no more false-flags or catalysts regarding Islamic terrorism. The 'War on Terror' has been in full swing with no foreign or domestic political limitations. The people have been scared of Islamic radicals since 9/11. This card hand has already been played and has served its purpose.

Next Catalyst:

We should really be on the lookout for domestic terrorists who are persuaded, funded, or trained by the FBI, CIA, or other governmental affiliates.

Any American nationals who may engage in terrorism... to further along the agenda of gun control, domestic espionage, dissolution of freedom/liberty/privacy, to discredit popular movements and protests, and to help usher in martial law.

Islamic terrorism no longer serves a function. It is the average American who is next to be demonized and oppressed.

Peace.

edit on 5/17/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Like what the hell happened to the suicidal, distraught, counterterorrism FBI agent that disappeared, armed, under the noses of dogs, 50 cops, and 100 FBI agents? That's the situation I think would be likely, considering they keep warning us about, the lone wolf attacker, the disgruntled American. If something happens in Chi, how much do you want to bet they peg it on that missing FBI agent?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What I don't get is why didn't his friend if he felt something wasn't quite right try to sneak some pictures of these guys he must have had a cell phone on him.

I know if I thought something didn't feel right I would have hung around seen what vehicle they left in got pictures of plates ....car etc. and I might even have followed them to see where they went.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Something smells fishy to me. Whole story smells rotten. Firstly you give a very accurate picture considering you were not there, the crisp money, the only documentation being the visa, the wallets being new, a lot of detail from someone who was not even there, no doubt you will tell us your friend told you all these details no doubt, and why was your friend so close to these people he could see what was in all of their wallets, and what was on their ID's? Why wasn't he on the range instead of rifling through their wallets?

And why would they be at a range trying out "American" Uzi's? They can't kill people on a range and can't take the guns with them, meaning they would have to get hold of their own Uzi's, and if they could do that why go to the range where they can be identified? Why just not practice somewhere quiet with their own Uzi's? And why Uzi's for god sake, they are not really an effective weapon, the fire rate and recoil make them useless for anything other than a very close quarter mow down.

Can't say I believe this story at all, either its made up, or someone is planting seeds, just like having devout Muslims going to a strip club getting drunk and shouting death to America the night before they decide to fly into a building and meet their god. Sorry but just not convinced by this at all, its either PsyOp or BS

This is how you expose a disinfo agent .. good job

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What is the university?
If this story is true you shouldn't have any problem sharing that info and one of us can check on it ourselves.. as it stands now I think this story is b.s.

Nothing about it sounds realistic. After 9/11 a bunch of Saudi Arabians shooting Uzi's in a gun range sounds like a madTV sketch.

Nothing else in their wallets? Also the details given by "the friend" are just enough to raise flags, but kind of vague, it's weird I dunno.

Besides If terrorists were doing this all the time "training" we'd hear about constant busts, but as it stands the FBI is still entrapping morons.
edit on 18-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Not to sure what to make of the OP, but a few things. Why would your first thread (thats what op said ) in the 2 yrs of being a member with ats be such a made up piece of BS. He/she barely has more then 20 posts !!! This is why I leaning towards truth.
Another thing I dont get the whole race thing, I do believe "of middle easten origin plays a role. But these guys apparently rang alarm bells in using guns much better then their apparent knowlege as discussed when choosing the guns. This to me sounds like someone following their gut.
One thing that doesnt ring true is why an FBI agent would be disclosing this type of info ?? Do trust you gut people whatever you make of this op

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Or else it's a riddle and he's a defecting terrorist.. or his friend owns the gun range.

Nah.. just a hoaxer trying to fear monger.

To him I say listen guy.. you came to the right site to fear monger, but when you fear monger on ATS you use meteors, comets, 2012, fukushima, earthquakes, mega volcanos, FEMA, depopulation... anything BUT terrorists.

LOL.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

As a person from and still in ohio. I would like to thank you and your friend for reporting this to the FBI and to ATS. so we have a heads up. that summit is just around the corner it would not be to much of a surprise if thats the target

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

This story is so dumb. Yeah the "FBI" is really going to clue you in on all their "findings". What someone saw some Arabic looking guys stooting guns at a gun range. Big deal. There are a lot of Arabic people in the Detroit area and they like their guns too just like other American people and they like to shoot them at gun ranges. Someone is trying to spread rumors to create an Urban Legend and to create fear against Middle Eastern people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join