It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Possible Terror-related activity in NW Ohio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by garberinc

I haven't even scrolled down from the OP here to see what else is on the thread, but I don't have to for what I'd like to say. First, THANK you for bringing this to our notice and it's one more piece of the puzzle for some....a new detail to file away for others. At any rate. it's enough to know about it and be aware that we may actually see what we THINK we see out there and don't laugh things off because 'that couldn't really be what it looks like..right here where I live'.

Second, THANK YOU for having the courage and the initiative to call the FBI field office personally. I'm not sure how many would have the stones to do that. Particularly among folks here who have more than a passing reason to be leery of the Feds. Perhaps starting the ball rolling stops something we never even heard about having started. It won't be the first time since this all began, if that happens....as that Agent hinted at.

If you hadn't called though, no one would know....and wow. How would any of us feel in your position or your friends if a terrorist attack DID happen and ...gee...those mug shots look mighty familiar..as you realize it's the same guys. My hat goes off to you in standing and doing something when your gut said things just weren't right.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Angry? Hardly. Amused? Slightly.

A world without debunkers, is a world of mindless sheep. Seriously though, you should inform that agents supervisor before the NW Five disappear.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des,
Thank you for keeping an open mind to the truth. Hopefully these guys were average Joes and all is well. But I don't think we can afford to sweep these activities under the rug as some of these posters suggest.

Have a wonderful and safe night!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit,

Thank you for your support. I do believe there's a time to debunk and ask questions. Then, there's a time to act. It didn't really take any stones to call the feds. I was a little nervous since I had never done it. But it felt like the right thing to do. I'm glad I did.

Hopefully this never materializes into anything.
Thanks again for your kind words.
ps... have some family in Mo. Will be coming there in June. Beautiful state!
edit on 17-5-2012 by garberinc because: ps

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Just curious; why specifically an "American" Uzi? The Uzi (99.999% of them) are manufactured by the Israelis. There are only a couple of very small American manufacturers, and I doubt that the gun range would even have an "American" Uzi in stock; not to mention I don't think they differ from Israeli Uzis in any substantial way.

You know, in the larger context here, it gets my attention and rings every bell I've got for warnings that they did specifically ask for an "American" Uzi. Two things are going to be different about an American, post-ban Uzi than those that came before. Well, first isn't that different for pre/post ban, and the barrel length does make a HUGE difference on performance and accuracy.

I've never owned one but I've rented one to play with on a range years ago..and my impression was the Uzi looks "cool" but shoots like crap and no deal would get ME to buy one. The accuracy...is a notable for someone claiming they never fired one.

More important though..and why it gets my attention they'd even think or know the difference.... The BOLT is different as I understand this and someone correct me if I'm wrong on the Uzi specifically. However, on the AK's and AR-/M-16 family, all post ban ones may be imported with a foreign frame and receiver group but the BOLT is different to make modification to full auto fire considerably more difficult than the few parts to swap that used to be the case. It's why a TRUE pre-ban Colt AR-15 costs a bloody fortune with 0's on the end compared to a $1,200 AR-15 which appears identical on the gun show table.

Just my two cents...and this sure isn't helping that bad feeling I've got about Chicago, the G-8 and that freak show in Virginia that follows.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Very good points Wrabbit. My friend and I talked about that. He mentioned modding would probably be easier on the American version. He knows considerably more about guns than I.

I don't have any problems with my S&W .40 and my Mossberg 500. That's all I own. But you know what they say..... beware of the man that only owns one gun....... He knows how to use it. lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With your logic, I'm a terrorist. I'm Lebanese, my great grandfather was a Muslim, I can shoot a gun, I own a sword and a bunch of other blades, and I keep crisp cash in my wallet (feels nice). You may need to take a look at the definition of "profiling" because this is really upsetting to see.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Soooooo,,,,, some brown men shooting borrowed uzis at a gun range raise eyebrows

But not the uzi providing gun range owner?????? Were they white,,,,,,,probably

Theres been plenty of white terrorists in America,,,,,,,NO?

edit on 17-5-2012 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

OP, the range in Graytown? Or, the range near Gibsonburg? Both are close by me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Unfortunately it does not matter whether something is "admissible in court" anymore. Those young men lost all human rights the moment the FBI got involved.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mjp54

MJP,

Check your U2U private message. Nice to have a "neighbor" on here!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Another toledoan, and gun owner/shooter chiming in. I'm a few miles west of town. Good to see people paying attention out there. Some may get offended by the attention, but these are those kinda times I suppose. If those guys were legit, then god bless 'em, have fun boys. If they weren't, then hopefully they will be dealt with accordingly.

Don't let the ATS turkeys get ya down OP, the people here have seen so many bullcrap stories come thier way, its almost become the norm to go right into 'attack' mode. Still alot of good folk here though.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As an Ohioan I don't buy this story. There is a large Muslim population here, at least in Cleveland. One robbed me though

edit on 17-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You did the right thing! They are already in our country in all areas..Government, Police, Court Systems, Hospitals..the problem..we have dont have anyone looking in those areas.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Euuuww, now you and your friend and all of your family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances are on the red list...

Edit to say I bet you bought the official story of 911...
edit on 17-5-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I live in NW Ohio near Toledo in a rural area.

Where were you shooting at? I'm from toledo so I know most of the shooting ranges there.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Another toledoan, and gun owner/shooter chiming in. I'm a few miles west of town. Good to see people paying attention out there.

had no idea so many people from toledo were on here... small world

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Euuuww, now you and your friend and all of your family, friends, coworkers, acquaintances are on the red list...

Edit to say I bet you bought the official story of 911...
edit on 17-5-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

9/11 has nothing to do with the OP.

OP,I believe you.I don't see why you'd come one here and lie.Yes,people lie on here all the time but there's nothing in your story that tells me you are.I think you did the right thing.You never know.Better safe than sorry.I was faced with doing the same thing years ago at my old job.I used to manage a supermarket and shortly after 9/11 there was a car in the parking lot with California tags.It was pretty beat up and there were two middle eastern men in it.I had customers telling me I should call the police and FBI.A few even got rude and called me an idiot and all kinds of names because I wouldn't.They weren't doing anything wrong except sitting in their car.I guess the point is sometimes people do overeact out of fear,but again,better safe than sorry.As it turned out the men became frequent customers at the store.They'd just moved to the area.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You don't shoot center mass with an uzie. I just cant help but think of the stupid saying " see something say something" Everyone wants to be a hero. If you think they are truly a terrorist shoot them in the forehead.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

And this is exactly what they ask people to report.
If it seemed fishy, it HAS to be looked at.
You just never know.
Good job OP!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join