It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: Possible Terror-related activity in NW Ohio

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just one word comes to my mind as I read this thread. That word is "PARANOIA". Perception of terrorism when in fact there is no terrorism. However, having said that one must play safe. Better to report it to the FBI than to not report it to the FBI. Never take the law into ones own hands. Let the FBI or local police know about it, then leave it up to them as to what it all adds up to and what to do or not to do about it. Over reaction will only lead to counter productive activity that the real terrorists will exploit.

[snipped]

edit on 18/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri May 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Personal info deleted

edit on Fri May 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/5/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Four Saudi guys at a gun range in NW Ohio. Because of this their labeled terrorist's? Or their up to no good? How? Why? Did they have any "boxcutters"? Did they leave a passport laying in the street? Did they spend up a whole bunch of money at the local strip joint the night before? If the answer is no to any or all these questions, then these guys were real Saudi guys at a gun range, and not ficticious CIA terrorist's.

Plus the fact they choose an Uzi, what a whimp of a firearm. Real terror comes in the form of an Ak, or a Colt 1911 or maybe even an M4 but an Uzi. Real terrorists use planes and live in caves. Are there any caves near by?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
SOOO when I lived in NW Ohio FBI raided our Ihop
www.debbieschlussel.com...

please check it out IT REALLY HAPPEND whole road was shut down feds everywhere and this is like the smallest college town in the USA

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

obviously you didnt read his entire account all of them had brand new wallets full of cash AND ONLY their visas, four saudi men that are normal in the US would have Credit/debit cards OHIO is so rural and relaxed it would be an easy place to get something together lots of land not many cops

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Excellent information, going to have to read this book...

Also was going to say that understanding their cultures is paramount to winning the fight on terror *cough cough*.

The same with the OP's story I find that if terrorist wanted to do this they would not go to a gun range where they could be discovered easily.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Detroit, Dearborn, and Michigan in general has the largest Arab population in the U.S., so a terrorist organization sending recruits to that part of the country isn't all the far fetched. They would blend easily with the non terrorist Arab population.

Assuming for the moment the OP is completely true, profiling isn't a deadly sin. Looking at someone or something and judging the threat based on past experience is how we evolved. It's hard wired. Everyone needs to get off their high horse. ALL OF US judge people based on looks. Everyday. All the time. And it's ok. When it becomes not ok is when you refuse to budge on those judgments when given more evidence. When you do actual harm to that someone based on looks alone. Otherwise we're in thought crime territory. Chill.

I know I would be uncomfortable with anyone at a gun range who spoke broken English and obviously wasn't familiar with the local culture. Don't care what color they were or what accent they had, unless they were with someone who seemed to be showing them around. Who the hell comes to a foreign country and decides to be a tourist at a gun range? It's weird.

However, I despise the Feds and am not so sure I'd be playing tattletale to them unless it was a serious, serious situation.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Call me old fashioned but when I see

Thank you for reading. And, it's my first time, so go easy on me!

tis a bit of a red flag imho~just sayin

~is still a rose

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DMV420

It's feaking OHIO for crying out loud!! Wads of cash, no credit cards, you folks will convict any body for anything based on nothing. And nothing is just what happened. Let's fear people who don't look and act like most. Let's fear people with wads of cash. Let's be the sheeple nation and fear every damn body. Keep watching t.v. keep reading MSM and you will allways see terrorist's in the folks who don't look like you. It's freaking OHIO.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why would a 'terrorist' from Saudi Arabia need to come to America to practice shooting an Uzi at an American gun range? They could have done all their weapons training in their homeland, free from any scrutiny.

It doesn't make sense anyone, let alone a terrorist, would need to go to a gun range to practice with an Uzi, which is really only effective if you plan to wade into a crowd and let loose - not exactly the sort of thing you need target practice for.

I presume at least you've been in touch with the FBI over this?

Playing devils advocate....
If one seemed to be in charge then maybe he WAS trained in Saudi Arabia and came to the U.S. to train homegrown Saudis.

I don't get why everyone is calling this fake. I don't doubt that an overly paranoid rural gun owner would call the FBI if he saw "arabic" men shooting on a range near his home.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DMV420
SOOO when I lived in NW Ohio FBI raided our Ihop
www.debbieschlussel.com...

please check it out IT REALLY HAPPEND whole road was shut down feds everywhere and this is like the smallest college town in the USA

"Don't go to muslim owned restaurants"
Paranoid racism at it's finest.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by garberinc

The only red flag I see is your media programed thinking. What because they are "Arab looking" it's a terrorist alert and call the FBI? This is just pure stupid. I guess only white hillbillies shoot guns for recreation. Anyone else is up to no good.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

After a quick scan of the thread I'm guessing that not too many of the respondents are aware that those of us in Eastern Lucas, Ottawa, Western Erie, and Sandusky Counties might be just a little wary. Yes, most of this area is rural. And yes, we have a tendency to watch out for our neighbors. And yes...we have a cranky old nuclear power station in the area by the name of "Davis-Bessie" which is, once again, under the scrutiny of the NRC thanks to cracks in the containment building walls...A containment building that is barely 2000' from the open lakeshore. Yeah, we can be wary...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This whole story smells like nothing more than a shill post trying to make people comfortable with reporting everything to big brother.

Brown people, foreign language... marks of supreme terror amirite?

It's going to take more than a 9mm uzi to get into a nuclear facility. If these guys were terrorists, why in the hell would they wait until they were in Theater (Toledo) to conduct BASIC TRAINING?

This doesn't add up and anyone with an IQ over 100 should be able to see as much. I guess you are banking on the 99 and below to call 1800-TIPS and be good little citizens.

I'd like to add, anyone wanting to destroy Ohio would take one look around and think, "Damn somebody already did this bitch."
edit on 18-5-2012 by SanguineDenial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Why would a 'terrorist' from Saudi Arabia need to come to America to practice shooting an Uzi at an American gun range? They could have done all their weapons training in their homeland, free from any scrutiny.

It doesn't make sense anyone, let alone a terrorist, would need to go to a gun range to practice with an Uzi, which is really only effective if you plan to wade into a crowd and let loose - not exactly the sort of thing you need target practice for.

why would a terrorist need to go to america to learn to fly a plain?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I've delivered machinery to Nuclear power plants (I'm a truck driver-Flat bed), and believe me, they are going to need a lot more than Uzi's to get past their security, the guards pack some serious heat. So I doubt (stress on the doubt cause IF it is a real threat and they do have the power plant in mind for their target they may have more than Uzi's) there will be any attempt at a nuclear power plant, but anything else? who knows....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

How does one fly a plain? I'm not sure a plain has the aerodynamic properties required to take flight.

Small arms are a helluva lot more common than aircraft (Planes). Every 3rd world nation is saturated with them thanks to the US and Former Soviet Union.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

I assume you mean a plane. Realistically, a real terrorist would receive all their training before entering the target country, to prevent giving themselves away. Isn't that why terrorists have terrorist training camps in remote regions of the world? If one of them wanted to learn how to fly, wouldn't pilot training in Saudi Arabia, or India, or some eastern European country be much less noticeable than here in the USA? Of course it would.

Of course, if you were running a false flag op, then you would want stereotypical "terrorists" making a public spectacle of themselves at, say, a Florida flight school, asking to be trained on how to steer a jumbo jet but not land it, for instance, as was the case with the 9/11 hijackers. That leaves a nice paper trail government investigators can point to later as proof it really was a terrorist attack.

Not saying that was the case here with this terrorist-appearing group the OP is telling us about, since I personally don't believe his/her story, after the OP told us about the FBI filling him/her in on all the juicy details of their ongoing investigation - something we know the FBI would never do.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Something came to mind I'd like to throw out here as something to chew on. Many here are pointing out that it isn't the brightest thing in the world to go to a local gun range in the nation you may be in 'operationally' to conduct an attack. That is a fair point and if we could expect to face their best people over here....I'd agree. The sheer idiocy of this move would make the whole thing almost funny in context,

What is worth pointing out though is HOW they got the idiots that pulled the first WTC Bombing in 1993 with the moving van. They were so clever...so intelligent...so well trained, they not only parked in perhaps the worst place for the whole parking level in doing damage with no real effect. That wasn't enough for these geniuses. Oh no... After they tried killing over 50,000 people (Remember...their full plan as to weaken the side of one tower to literally fall INTO the other one and bring them both down with everyone IN them.)

After all that.... They went back to the rental dealership in New Jersey to get their friggen DEPOSIT back.
You really can't make this stuff up. As fiction, it wouldn't sell as a book plot. That's how it really happened though and goodness.... Going to a firing range in middle America to fire perfectly legal weapons in a perfectly legal setting seems downright inspired and brilliant by comparison.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join