It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd case of Flesh Eating Disease discovered in SC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The new zombie Apocalypse maybe?

Another case involving the flesh eating disease has popped up in SC, the previous one in Georgia. I could understand the first case, but this one baffles me.

This seems to be a different bacteria strain then that of the Georgia woman. Doesn't say how she got it though.

www.wral.com...

New SC mom hospitalized with flesh-eating bacteria

By MEG KINNARD, Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Days after giving birth to twins, a South Carolina mother has been hospitalized for what doctors say is a rare flesh-eating infection.

The development follows the similar affliction of a Georgia graduate student, who lost her left leg and may lose her fingers. But experts say the South Carolina case, though serious, is less severe than the Georgia one and caused by a different bacterium.

Lana Kuykendall, 36, gave birth to healthy twins at an Atlanta hospital last week. When the new family of four returned to their home in Piedmont, the mother — who is also a paramedic — noticed a pain and rash on her left leg.

As the spot began to spread, Kuykendall went to a local hospital, where she has since undergone several surgeries but was improving Thursday.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If anybody else thinking what I'm think? That she actually picked up this flesh eating disease at the hospital while giving birth?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
If anybody else thinking what I'm think? That she actually picked up this flesh eating disease at the hospital while giving birth?

Could the MRSA bug be evolving into an flesh eating bug? Maybe it had a chain reaction to their anti-MRSA chemicals or even the radiation from Japan has mutated it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yeah...most likely picked up in one of our filthy hospitals..hospitals are so freakin gross here..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The lady who gave birth to the twins is actually a Paramedic.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
The lady who gave birth to the twins is actually a Paramedic.

Maybe its the gel they use to wash their hands and too much radiation in the air. I don't know but its scary

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The article basically says its the same bacteria as the one that causes strep throat.

Seems that we should be really careful not to cough on an open wound or bruise when we have strep throat or else it could turn into what this lady had.

That was a very informative article. Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Looks like my sister might have it then. She's complaining of a sore throat and accusing me of giving it to her, when I feel fine.
Nothing wrong with me. I'm not sick.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No doubt, it's big HellO_o from bp: chemical mixture of the GOM produces mutations of microorganisms as well. so it will spread across the World.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Apparently there is now a 3rd.

All 3 cases originated from the same hospital in Georgia, supposedly...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

I am talking about region here...gma.yahoo.com...

Correction to earlier post: 2 in Augusta, GA and 1 in Atlanta, GA hospitals

The penis one in FL is ouside the region (and is questionable) as is the NY case.

I, myself, had flesh eating bacterium from getting nabbed by brown recluse spiders...luckily powerful antibiotics and quick surgery on my legs (with the bites) saved me from further complications as far as I can tell right now...but it was hideous...
I used cocoa butter on the places eventually so the scars are very minimal...

I hope all of these peeps recover well...

I know I felt like I was run over by a train, and I wasn't as serious a case as these folks...

edit on 23-5-2012 by BurningSpearess because: correction

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

.luckily powerful antibiotics and quick surgery on my legs (with the bites) saved me from further complications as far as I can tell right now..

Glad 4 ye
but seems colony of bacterias are about to improve own skills.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

.luckily powerful antibiotics and quick surgery on my legs (with the bites) saved me from further complications as far as I can tell right now..

Glad 4 ye
but seems colony of bacterias are about to improve own skills.

Thank you for the well wishes...

Now, what do you know (in Russia) that we don't? I want the details....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Now, what do you know (in Russia) that we don't? I want the details....

nebraskaradionetwork.com...

my space is not only Russia, but the whole Mother-Universe too

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

AFAIK, MRSA already is a flesh eating bacteria. That's why it's a real problem.

Another thing known to be on the south half of the east coast is pfisteria (protozoan, not bacteria), but usually you don't see problems with that unless people go swimming downstream of hog farms or any farms that fertilize with manure. Pfisteria can be real nasty stuff.

I figure it's some variant of the first if somebody has been in hospitals or indoors a lot.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Russia, pish posh, lol...

My theory is that the U.S., at least will see more cases this year (at least from the Rockies east) because of the very mild winter...

And peeps need to stay off antibiotics unless they are absolutely necessary and use collodial/ionic silver and natural healing methods instead, again just MHO...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

bacterias have hella good BGM (bank of genetic modifications), so any antibiotics cannot be effective very long + antibiotics suppress immune system + needless to say, if bacterias got & get amicable environment, their colony grows immensely up to $hit gone Wild. no doubt, out there must be thorough scrutiny to check out the Rivers, Lakes, Marshes about any kind of chemical/radioactive pollution: pollutants are able to trigger wild expansion of colony.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... d-contact-videos/

join