It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Like To Watch The Rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's raining right now, and I just spent the last twenty minutes watching it. It's quite the mood out there with the dark gray clouds. What helps the mood even more is when I listen to music that somehow fits the rhythm of the falling rain.

So, do you like to watch the rain?

Maybe we can turn this into a rain appreciation thread.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I too love the Rain,

Sometimes i stand in it to feel the pitter patter on my face.

It's like chaos from the sky that cleanses and purifies

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
whole heartedly love it.
minus the radiation, the rain feels purifying. I actually enjoy rainy days more than sunny days

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am a rain person myself...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I also love the rain.
My favorite soundtrack for rain is Dire Straits- Love Over Gold.
Although, most of the time I just want to hear the rain fall. Especially onto a tin roof.
Enjoy the day

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I not only like to watch the rain....but more than that....I like to listen to the rain and I like taking walks in the rain.

I really appreciate the rain....it cleanses the air....provides drinking water....and helps to make my state beautiful!

By the way....I live in Seattle, Washington....we get plenty of rain here....

edit on 17-5-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I woke up this morning and heard wind whipping through the tree's and rain hitting the forest floor. If I listened above my air conditioner I could hear the occasional car drive by making that weird wet road sound. I always felt much more comfortable if it were raining, It was great to wake up to on my day off, I use my rainy days as do nothing at alll days. Then I heard my alarm clock, My heart dropped because I knew I was just dreaming. So homesick I could die.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like to listen to the rain too, especially when I go to sleep.

This is also a beautiful song about rain, thought it would fit in this thread.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i like the rain when its soft on a warm summer night. nothing like it! love walking with my girl holding hands and not even talking in it! glorious and peaceful. good for the soul.
good for the earth!
i don't like the 'down pours' so much because my basement tends to leak!
that rain isn't so good!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Speaking of rain...(not a huge fan of it myself)..it hasn't rained here in like 2 months. The 10 day outlook says 0% chance every day. Anyone else having dry conditions? Usually it rains like once a week here..especially in april and may...not even a thunderstorm so far---

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I love rain storms. Not so much the ones that cause rivers in the streets with sudden blasts of lightning and thunder that sounds like a dynamite explosion. I'm more partial to the long, steady, hazy ones that have the occasional low, rumbling thunder that seems to walk across the sky.

For your listening pleasure:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Somehow, I knew that Eddie Rabbit vid would already be here....

Personally, I love a good rain storm, preferably being out in it...then getting a nice cup of hot chocolate after coming inside...

I'd much rather be nude out in it, (keeps from soaking the clothes), but unfortunately society tends to frown upon that (as would the neighbors, I suspect)...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Love a good, steady rain. Literally washes your cares away.... Even better when you can curl up on the couch with a good book and a purring cat

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Growing up in pittsburgh, i have had my fair share of rain.

When i moved to phoenix, the first week i was there, there was a small rainstorm. Everybody went outside to stand in it and we couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with these people.

After a few months of hot cloudless skies, the first time it rained, we were standing in it. The change, any change, was bliss from the monotomy.

Everybody there wants to live in Seattle.

I do appreciate a good rainy day, or a good thunderstorm. But there is such a thing as too little or too much of a good thing.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I often listen to this link along with soft jazz on the net.

Listening to it right now.

just rain and thunder.. its great !

www.rainymood.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I love the rain. I live in North Central TX and it's full sunshine and hotter than hell from about now till the end of September. I'm happier when it's dark and cool and rainy. The blazing hot sun and humidity just make me feel very uncomfortable.

Ah, the thought of a cool, cloudy day with a light rain. A peaceful thought.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I grew up in the desert, in an agricultural community. So rain has a lot of positive associations.

It's hot and dry here, but I'm listening to Here Comes the Rain Again by the Eurythmics while I read this thread.

new topics

top topics

join