It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Berlin Wall Around The USA - Thanks Democrats!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
I guess you like the idea of companies leaving US soil using Chinese slave labor for products? People have been pissed off about thise for so long... and now that they're attempting to do something about it, you're against it because it's democrats that are the lead of the idea? GTPO of here... killing me...

I think you've misunderstood the proposed law. This has nothing to do with companies leaving US soil. They have and will continue to do so without penalty with the help of their bought and paid for politicians. No, this pertains to INDIVIDUALS.

You see, this proposed law severly penalizes INDIVIDUALS who wish to renounce their US citizenship and leave the United States. It affords the US the ability to confiscate vast sums of any indiviual's wealth simply because they no longer desire to be a part of such a corrupt system. This is wrong!

The politicans should focus on developing a system that REWARDS people for their ingenuity and success as opposed to oppressing them to such lengths that they desire an exit strategy. This would not only keep entrepeneurs on US soil, it would attract the best and brightest from around the world leading to greater economic growth. It is rather apparent to some of us that the politicans do not desire individual success. Instead, they desire all of us to be reliant on them for basic sustinence. This is how they derive their power.

Time to clean out the career politicans, institute strict term limits and move to a publicly funded election system.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

So, if someone wants to renounce their US citizenship, you think they should still be free to live in the United States?

I think that's exactly what he wants. One, renounce citizenship & leave the country [taking money w/him and in essense, pay no taxes], but also be allowed to live here as an illegal alien [something right wingers despise if the alien is mexican, but won't apply to them as they are American and just another tax break to them].

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Incorrect. Severin was not born in the US, now lives in Singapore and has stated repeatedly that he desires to remain in Singapore.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Funny thing is, my wife is British, and didn't have to pay an "Ex-Pat Tax" from ENGLAND. I guess that shows just how far left this country's leadership has swung.

The pic pretty much says it all. But this is not a democrat or republican issue. World communism is the issue. And it was pretty much openly defined when Agenda 21 was rolled out at the United Nations Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro 1992.

The only way Agenda 21 is possible is centralized world control -- world communism. It's knocking at our door now.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I guess you like the idea of companies leaving US soil using Chinese slave labor for products? People have been pissed off about thise for so long... and now that they're attempting to do something about it, you're against it because it's democrats that are the lead of the idea? GTPO of here... killing me...

I think you've misunderstood the proposed law. This has nothing to do with companies leaving US soil. They have and will continue to do so without penalty with the help of their bought and paid for politicians. No, this pertains to INDIVIDUALS.

You see, this proposed law severly penalizes INDIVIDUALS who wish to renounce their US citizenship and leave the United States. It affords the US the ability to confiscate vast sums of any indiviual's wealth simply because they no longer desire to be a part of such a corrupt system. This is wrong!

The politicans should focus on developing a system that REWARDS people for their ingenuity and success as opposed to oppressing them to such lengths that they desire an exit strategy. This would not only keep entrepeneurs on US soil, it would attract the best and brightest from around the world leading to greater economic growth. It is rather apparent to some of us that the politicans do not desire individual success. Instead, they desire all of us to be reliant on them for basic sustinence. This is how they derive their power.

Time to clean out the career politicans, institute strict term limits and move to a publicly funded election system.

Regardless... if a billionaire leaves or denounces their citizenship, that's less tax money going into our government... both federal and state, less government jobs and programs, less contractually funded programs which employ people both short and long term, and less assistance for people to get back on their feet when they need help. I don't know about you, but I'm for the nation and it's people. If our people suffer, I feel as though we all suffer. The same people that supported them obtaining their wealth are the same people that they're effectively saying "screw you... but make sure you buy or use my product" to.

I don't care who we rely on as long as majority of our people can thrive. I don't fight for this country for the few rich that can do what they want to do... I fight as a symbol that this country sticks together.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Some people in here support this, others support the rich. What truly hurts me is the fact that we're so into whether people should be able to take their money and go at will or not, when there are homeless vets looking for assistance and they can't get it because money is so tight in this country.

That's my sort of off topic post for the day.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Huh? What in the world are you talking about? This has nothing to do with manufacturing jobs leaving the U.S. It's about an INDIVIDUAL leaving the country, and the government wanting to rape and rob him on his way out.

And no, I'm not at all for the U.S. dealing with Communist China. I'd put an IMPORT tax on all goods NOT made in the U.S.A.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This isn't an attempt to deter the common person from leaving... rather these big companies that get large off of the U.S. citizen and then decide to re-locate their businesses outside of the U.S. still making money off the their "claimed" U.S. products.

Surely you're smarter than that. These Senators aren't talking about a "company". They're talking about an individual. Companies don't "renounce citizenship".

Try reading the news article. If you did, get some tutoring with reading comprehension.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by buster2010
Sounds good to me. The faster we can drive the SOB's out who just want what they can take from this country and not give back to it the better. Why stop at 30%? I think it should around 85 to 90% that way they won't want to contaminate our country again.
edit on 17-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Wait? What?

Working for $$$ = taking from this country?
Not wanting to pay obscene taxes = not giving back?

So if we quit our jobs we won't be leeching anymore?

Interesting out of the box concept. Seems rather contradictory however.

Compared to other countries people in this country doesn't even know what high taxes are why do you think rich people from other countries run to America?

Are you even old enough to remember when taxes where high here in the states? Going by your obscene taxes comment I would say no your not. But of course back when America was charging people up to 70% and even higher taxes and guess what ? People still became rich and America was doing great. Then some idiot said lets give out tax breaks to the wealthy and America went to hell in a handbasket. And people still cry our taxes are too high. It is something worth laughing about.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

More like the idiocy of the human race that continues to knock at that same door.

Hello? Hello?

Not a worthy soul here no how.

YOU DON'T #ING GET IT!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by The Sword

Yes, far left. It's a country that rewards failure and sloth, and punishes hard work and success.

So wanting to tax bankers that make billions by pushing a button is hard work?

It sure as hell rewarded the bankers for the successful business plan -

You need George Carlin

edit on 20-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join