It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Berlin Wall Around The USA - Thanks Democrats!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I still get dismayed when I see people using the tired and worn out Left / Right excuses.

Wake up people, it doesn't matter which side is in, you still get screwed. When was the last time a new government took power, and repealed or rolled back / nullified the bad stuff the previous government had put into place? They are all working together and the Left / Right, Democrat / Republican, Labour / Conservative BS is just there to keep the people divided and serves no other purpose.

Bottom line is that the career politicians serve themselves, their paymasters - the lobbyists for big finance, big business and in some cases foreign governments - above all else. We the people are simply the enablers, there to consume, pay our taxes and fight their wars, all for profit.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Again, you lie. If your wife renounced her UK citizenship, she would have to file paperwork and pay a fine. What likely ACTUALLY happened is she didnt renounce her UK citizenship, but just gained dual US citizenship.

She didn't fill out any paperwork. So, that being said, she hasn't "renounced" anything.

Right. She didnt renounce anything. Therefore , your claim was not true.

Thanks for acknowledging that, finally.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I find it interesting, I would like to hear more about what these peoples illegal immigrant ideals are....

I do agree people should be able to take business where they want to preserve what they build...

But i also believe there shuold be SOME penalty for taking these very large businesses over seas...

This would not be a problem however if these people werent taxed the dickens out of for doing business here in America......

its a double edged sword

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jimmyx

You're going to have to prove that because otherwise, it's a tad bit xenophobic.

It's just ha-ha-larious when someone comes in here with "liberals this" and "liberals that" and their ignorance shows enough to the point where someone has to call them out.

You mean like you do?

Have any of you EVER been to California? Or are you going by everything that your favorite right-wing blowhards write about?

Which is it? You would really support Hillary Clinton in place of Obama, beezer? Think about this for a minute. I mean, think really hard. Who do neo-cons hate more than Obama? Who's our current Sec of State?

Where do you get your facts from?Fright-wing think tanks or credible sources?

I really hate when people come on here with their perceived moral high ground, and try to call people out on stuff like this.

When they take part in it themselves on a regular basis.......

Do not sit there and try to derail the thread, by trying to attack people who display THE VERY same things you do.....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You could have posted something related to the topic instead.

I've moved on.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You could have posted something related to the topic instead.

I've moved on.

actually I did, I just chose to also include the fact that you are calling out other members, and attacking their posts when you engage in the same activity.........

I find it dishonest at best......

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

No problem. Wasn't intentionally misleading. It was my bad.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Far left? You have to be kidding me.

The country has not changed a lick since Obama stepped in office. It is still a neo-con's paradise.

You have to be kidding me. There is no difference between far left and neo-con. Not in elected-politics.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well they're good at keeping us on lock down, it's probably more than just the one party who is thinking of it, Everyone of them benefit, we're the ones who is going to sweat it.

They sure can do everything they want to to our citizens, but don't try to do anything except extend a welcoming hand to the illegal in this country. What happened to the wall that was supposed to keep them out not us in, I wonder? Suffice the excuse to hard to build and too expensive. What a country. Our "caretakers" taking care of the wrong "problem"

edit on 17-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I didn't even read the post. I simply want to say that all this Democrate and Republican blame game that is going on is rediculous. Anyone who blinding votes on a decision (without using THEIR own critical thinking skills) based on whether it was presented by a "Dem" or "Rep" is the real problem. To actually save the country/world, try voting on issues instead of a party's side!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
It's no wonder they want to make this a law, so that other rich people who now enjoy the fruits of other people's labor don't do the same thing.
edit on 17-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

Unless I got the money from the government explain to me how you are entitled to MY money? I offer you a job and tell you the pay...you can take it or leave it. If I throw MY money into stocks and I take that risk how is anyone entitled to MY benefits?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

They are creating the "Ex-Patriot Act" bill, which will ban people from entering the U.S. after denouncing their citizenship, and it will impose and Ex-Pat tax of 30% when the individual leaves.

Wow really? People already pay a 35% exit tax to leave the country , is this an additional 30% on top of the 35%???

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. The faster we can drive the SOB's out who just want what they can take from this country and not give back to it the better. Why stop at 30%? I think it should around 85 to 90% that way they won't want to contaminate our country again.
edit on 17-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
In my opinion, this is no different that the anti-immigration crowd wanting to build a fence to keep people out. Obviously, it would also serve to keep people in.

So it is not just these two representatives that are off their rocker......the right-wing immigration machine deserve just as much ridicule!

Right on sheepslayer. You have right wing authoritarians and left wing ones. The two heads of the eagle/phoenix, looking opposite directions, while it's talons maim us no matter which head is in control.

People are fooled into judging politics on a false paradigm.

The real issue is liberty vs tyranny. That is the true criteria we should be judging governments by.

We only need one wall after all to keep the immigrants out and the slaves in.
Both sides being led to the same inevitable conclusion. Tyranny.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Sounds good to me. The faster we can drive the SOB's out who just want what they can take from this country and not give back to it the better. Why stop at 30%? I think it should around 85 to 90% that way they won't want to contaminate our country again.
edit on 17-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Wait? What?

Working for $$$ = taking from this country?
Not wanting to pay obscene taxes = not giving back?

So if we quit our jobs we won't be leeching anymore?

Interesting out of the box concept. Seems rather contradictory however.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

edit on 18-5-2012 by BioSafe because: wrong thread

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Wow... what the hell did I just watch? Is this even real?
That kid has a strong need for some serious butt-kicking.
Unbelievable what kind of youth you're raising over there.

ETA: Nevermind. I just read that clip is from a scripted TV show. But still, sick behaviour.
edit on 18-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well, it looks like the Democrats (Well, at least Chuck Schumer, and Bob Casey) want to build a virtual Berlin Wall around the United States to KEEP PEOPLE IN! They don't want people leaving the U.S., because with innovators leaving (and most importantly, taking their money with them), these leaches won't be able to fund all their shady backroom deals for votes.

They are creating the "Ex-Patriot Act" bill, which will ban people from entering the U.S. after denouncing their citizenship, and it will impose and Ex-Pat tax of 30% when the individual leaves. The lesson here is simple. Obey your masters, don't try to escape the dictatorship that is rising, and you WILL be punished for success. Just go on welfare and become a good zombie Democrat.

Source - Yahoo News

I guess you like the idea of companies leaving US soil using Chinese slave labor for products? People have been pissed off about thise for so long... and now that they're attempting to do something about it, you're against it because it's democrats that are the lead of the idea? GTPO of here... killing me...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Funny thing is, my wife is British, and didn't have to pay an "Ex-Pat Tax" from ENGLAND. I guess that shows just how far left this country's leadership has swung.

This isn't an attempt to deter the common person from leaving... rather these big companies that get large off of the U.S. citizen and then decide to re-locate their businesses outside of the U.S. still making money off the their "claimed" U.S. products.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Removed.
edit on 18-5-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Wow, that took a whole 5 days!

Sipping on the morning coffee I just caught a live sat feed of Schumer (D) introducing it.

With the whole argument floating around that businesses are getting taxed to death and bailing the country, I always thought, "You can't force people to do business here".

Apparently the Democrats think you can.

While I agree it's a cruddy move (to Indonesia where there's no capital gains tax) by the Facebook co-founder to avoid paying millions, overbearing legislation like this won't do anything to welcome business here. In fact, it's only going to scare more away.

What next?

You can't scare away a young group of college students that decide to build a webpage that takes off and makes billions. Once those AMERICAN CITIZENS do however, if they want to jump ship because of their greed, yes tax them.

This may deter people who want to move their businesses into the U.S.... not just by trade, but actually building a company HQ here when it was originated in lets say Australia. But what companies are doing that anyway????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join