It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Berlin Wall Around The USA - Thanks Democrats!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, it looks like the Democrats (Well, at least Chuck Schumer, and Bob Casey) want to build a virtual Berlin Wall around the United States to KEEP PEOPLE IN! They don't want people leaving the U.S., because with innovators leaving (and most importantly, taking their money with them), these leaches won't be able to fund all their shady backroom deals for votes.

They are creating the "Ex-Patriot Act" bill, which will ban people from entering the U.S. after denouncing their citizenship, and it will impose and Ex-Pat tax of 30% when the individual leaves. The lesson here is simple. Obey your masters, don't try to escape the dictatorship that is rising, and you WILL be punished for success. Just go on welfare and become a good zombie Democrat.

Source - Yahoo News

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I know a guy who could not get a break in the US. So he went to China with several hundred dollars in his pocket. He now has two teaching jobs and has opened up an American Bar and Grill in one of the hotels in the city where he lives.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is certain sign of a doomed and desperate government, as if we needed more proof. Makes me wonder when we will hit the real slippery part of the slippery slope

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Funny thing is, my wife is British, and didn't have to pay an "Ex-Pat Tax" from ENGLAND. I guess that shows just how far left this country's leadership has swung.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Can this topic ever be discussed without insulting people that you disagree with?

Nevertheless, both senators do seem off of their rockers. Don't Americans that go abroad already have to pay some kind of tax?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is the case of somebody taking advantage of American schools and business climate in order to build an empire. And then when it came time to pay his dues to the environment that allowed his success to flourish, he bailed.

Typical entitlement attitude of many of the rich.

It's no wonder they want to make this a law, so that other rich people who now enjoy the fruits of other people's labor don't do the same thing.
edit on 17-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Far left? You have to be kidding me.

The country has not changed a lick since Obama stepped in office. It is still a neo-con's paradise.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yes, far left. It's a country that rewards failure and sloth, and punishes hard work and success.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I find it funny that folks still buy into any of this political this side or that program. If one side does not mess with people the other side will, neither is for the people, it is just their turn to turn the screws at others bidding.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

So, it's wrong for people to get educated, work hard, create something, then try and protect the fruits of their labor? What should he do, simply give all his money away, jump on welfare and not try anymore? What exactly do you want from "rich people"?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Far left? You have to be kidding me.

The country has not changed a lick since Obama stepped in office. It is still a neo-con's paradise.
I was under the impression Obama-jad was going to make "change" happen after he got elected. No? He changed nothing! Only made it worse! Of course he has to blame everyone else for his incompetence! I wish he would do America a favor and jump off the Grand Canyon like the buffalo! For once, I wish I could wake up in the morning knowing this idiot did something right for America. I guess we all can dream!

What a nightmare!
edit on 17-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is no different that the anti-immigration crowd wanting to build a fence to keep people out. Obviously, it would also serve to keep people in.

So it is not just these two representatives that are off their rocker......the right-wing immigration machine deserve just as much ridicule!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
In my opinion, this is no different that the anti-immigration crowd wanting to build a fence to keep people out. Obviously, it would also serve to keep people in.

So it is not just these two representatives that are off their rocker......the right-wing immigration machine deserve just as much ridicule!

I assume you don't have locks on your doors at your house then, right? Surely you leave your doors wide open, and would consider locking the doors of your home the same as San Quentin Prison having locks on the doors there too, correct?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Locks on my doors and a fence on the border are two separate and completely different things. It is disingenuous at best to even attempt to compare the two!

If the fence can keep immigrants out.....what makes you think they cannot be used to keep people in? Ever thought about that?

So whom is really pushing to build the "American Berlin Wall"?

edit on 17-5-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Locks on my doors and a fence on the border are two separate and completely different things. It is disingenuous at best to even attempt to compare the two!

If the fence can keep immigrants out.....what makes you think they cannot be used to keep people in? Ever thought about that?

edit on 17-5-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

What's disingenuous is to somehow compare keeping people IN the same as keeping people OUT! Big difference. I have a fence around my home. It's designed to imprison my family, don't ya know? It has nothing to do with keeping people from walking INTO my yard. What makes me laugh the most about you bringing immigration into this, is that people like yourself and other Democrats don't seem to have a problem with illegal aliens getting paid tax free, and then sending the money to a foreign country...without an export tax. Where's the outrage? (that's rhetorical, by the way, because I know why there's no outrage...it's about votes)

As for keeping people in with a wall on the southern border, it doesn't apply. I'm not going to be sneaking across the border. I'll simply take a road, or fly. Law breaking drug and human traffickers are the ones sneaking around.

But, I'm not going to comment on immigration anymore. Topic of this thread is the fact that 2 (and probably more) Democrat Senators are trying to imprison people in this country via an economic 30% tax wall, and a lifetime ban if people leave.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Well, it looks like the Democrats (Well, at least Chuck Schumer, and Bob Casey) want to build a virtual Berlin Wall around the United States to KEEP PEOPLE IN! They don't want people leaving the U.S., because with innovators leaving (and most importantly, taking their money with them), these leaches won't be able to fund all their shady backroom deals for votes.

They are creating the "Ex-Patriot Act" bill, which will ban people from entering the U.S. after denouncing their citizenship, and it will impose and Ex-Pat tax of 30% when the individual leaves. The lesson here is simple. Obey your masters, don't try to escape the dictatorship that is rising, and you WILL be punished for success. Just go on welfare and become a good zombie Democrat.

Source - Yahoo News

let's see...the guy will make $4,000,000,000 dollars, and he would have to pay "up to" $67,000,000 dollars in taxes per the quoted article.....that leaves him $3,933,000,000 to keep...and he renounced his citizenship a week before to move to singapore, to avoid paying those capital gains taxes.
and you call this "punishment for success" and he is "escaping a dictatorship"....you sound like a russian or a chinese "embed" that wants america to go under....so your motto is "if you make money. F taxes"...i guess that makes you a real patriot. please move to singapore, with "patriots" like yourself, america doesn't need anymore enemies,

edit on 17-5-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This isn't a physical wall we're talking about, this is a bill which will make it difficult to leave the country and take a lot of your money if you try to do so. If you wanted to compare US emigration to US immigration/Mexican emigration you can only favorably compare a bill or an effort in mexico to keep people from going to the US. Funny enough though that now a large number of Mexicans are leaving the US for mexico again, and lucky for them, sneaking into mexico is easier than the opposite and they can't get taxed 30% on their departure because they aren't US citizens in the majority of cases.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

But I see that you appear to be completely blinded by partisan hatred.

I am a liberal, a progressive and someone who has worked to get everything that he has. I've been through unemployment, I've taken abuse from insensitive employers because of my disability and I am not going to sit here and watch some veteran DEGRADE everything that I've worked for because of my political affiliation!

Do you get it, sir?

A good work ethic is NON-Partisan!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

So, it's wrong for people to get educated, work hard, create something, then try and protect the fruits of their labor? What should he do, simply give all his money away, jump on welfare and not try anymore? What exactly do you want from "rich people"?

he will have over 3 billion dollars left!!! how is he going on welfare!! i want the wealthy to pay their taxes just like i have to. no sweetheart deals, no tax dodging, no favors.....he needs to pay the taxes, and get on with his life "of misery" with the 3 billion dollars he'll have left.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So, if someone wants to renounce their US citizenship, you think they should still be free to live in the United States?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join