It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Ancient South American Skulls End Up in a Florida Backyard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is a curious story of two mysterious skulls found in Florida that appear to be from South America, most likely Inca. Although they don't have any idea how they came to be found in Florida, and can only speculate that they were brought there, and not buried there, because of pottery shards and a news paperclipping from 1978, it does bring up a few questions.

Is it possible that the skulls were found IN FLORIDA and were later buried at this site?...or that they were initially buried there, and the other items found were buried on top of the 800 year old remains?

And if that's the case, given the many theories about the native South American people traveling to North America in the distant past, does this give a little credibility to those theories if it could be proven they were buried there, and not brought to Florida at a later time?

newsfeed.time.com...

Generally, when a plumber finds skulls in your backyard, it’s not a good sign.

Thankfully for one Floridan family, the discovery wasn’t a sign of foul play but the start of an 800-year-old mystery.

In early January, two mysterious skulls were unearthed in the backyard of house in Winter Garden, Fla., during the installation of a new pool. To everyone’s astonishment, the bones date back as far as 1200 A.D. and hark from South America

According to ABC News, authorities were immediately alerted because human tissue was found on one of the skulls. Upon further examination, the cranium – which was believed to come from a young child around the age of 10 – was found to be hundreds of years old, its tissue mummified. The second skull is believed to have come from an adult male.

There’s also another bizarre twist: both skulls were found to have an “Inca bone” — a genetically distinct interparietal bone that indicates their owners were members of the Inca civilization in Peru. Archaeologists and examiners are puzzled over how they ended up in Florida, amidst some dirty pottery shards and a buried newspaper clipping from 1978.

“Back in the 1930s or 1940s, people would go on vacation and buy things like that, and maybe they buried them when they didn’t want them anymore. Another possibility is that it used to be a migrant farm worker camp, and some cultures will bring part of their heritage with them when they leave. It could be that they were moving on and decided to bury it there,” medical examiner Jan Garavaglia told the television news network.

“The mystery is how they ended up there,” Garavaglia summed up. “We don’t have any way of finding out.”

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Mmmmm. curious.
i know they found evidence of trading with the peoples of the south west,but florida!
perhaps we don't know as much as we think we know about this amazing culture!
just look at the cocain found in egyptian mummies ( coca being strictly from south america!),or the chinese anchors off the coast of california. or even the Caucasian skeleton that is over 1000 years old they found in michigan!
indeed,we know so little of our past,or TPTB keep our real past hidden from us for our own good!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

1000 years old? They've found skulls of Euopeans in North America that are 10,000 and 17,000 years old.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

ya i know but i was just working off of the first thing that popped in from my memory. most people want links and i had none to give!!! but ya your correct. they also found Caucasian skeletons in china with plaid tartans,and blonde and red hair in china that shouldn't be there!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I was doing some jungle warfare training in Africa.. We were patrolling through some dense jungle then came into a slight clearing that was inhabited by a big, shiny, floodlit Total garage and forecourt! It was a very surreal moment!

My point is.. You will find people in the most bizarre places..

That is what we do..

We get around.

Scientists do not know everything regardless what they think..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

In Winter Garden, Florida, human remains, pottery, and textiles were found during the digging of a swimming pool. The bones and artifacts are thought to be from the Chancay culture of coastal Peru, and date to between 1200 and 1470 A.D. They had been buried with pieces of newspaper dated 1978. “These were placed here by modern people who somehow acquired them,” explained Daniel Seinfield of the Bureau of Archaeological Research. He has recommended that the items be returned to Peru.

www.archaeology.org...

Sounds like a collector or someone who vacationed in Peru buried them in 1978.

Your source mentioned it as well:

amidst some dirty pottery shards and a buried newspaper clipping from 1978. Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

edit on 5/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join