It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans to strike Iran "ready," says U.S. Israel envoy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

"But that doesn't mean that option is not fully available - not just available, but it's ready. The necessary planning has been done to ensure that it's ready," said Shapiro, who the radio station said had spoken on Tuesday.
REUTERSIn my opinion this is nothing new. I most certainly guarantee that they've had plans in place for quite some time. They're just flaunting their preparedness, and waiting for the right opportunity to "hit 'em".

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have no doubt the plan is "ready". I am sure various versions of said plan have been "ready" for some time.

The bigger question (at least if the US is participating) are the forces deployed to execute the plan?

Currently there are 2 carrier battle groups near by. The better part of 3 wings of F-15C's for air to air. A detachment of F-22s.. Plenty of ships and subs can fire cruise missiles. That's a pretty substantial force. I posted a thread the other day about the F-15s being very substantial, because we don't normally deploy air superiority aircraft unless we think there will be a need to establish air superiority.

But if we are going it alone, I don't think the above force is large enough. Hard to say because we don't know what the plan is.and if it is just us, just Isreal, or joint. Most likelythey aren't looking at invading and occupying, because no major ground forces are on the move.

Interesting article, but doesn't tell us all that much at this point that we don't already know.

Course this stuff doesn't help....

www.israelnationalnews.com...
edit on 17-5-2012 by SrWingCommander because: add link

edit on 17-5-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
its pretty clear here, like most mideast countries they fight guerilla style. And if anyone attacks Iran, they will unleash all of their thousands of missles...we can't take em all out at once. And at the first hint they'll send em up.

The rest is just elementary coventional.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I keep getting the feeling that if they are going to strike, they are going to do it while the world is distracted by the London olympic games.

I hope not.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

This is what I find funny (in a sad, horrible way): Israel was founded so that the Jew's would have a home land free from persecution. Yet, just like the Nazi's they claim to hate, Israel acts much like the Gestapo persecuting Palestinians, ruining their homes.

Just like the Nazi's and their quest for "lebensraum", Israel wants to attack their neighbors like Iran under bogus claims of nuclear threats, even though Israel has numerous illegal nuclear weapons. And like the Nazi's, Israel actively campaigns for their "racial" (religious) superiority so that no Jew marries a non-Jew.

If the wold as a collective spear is heading towards WWIII, Israel is the spear tip leading the way.

top topics

join