It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comanche vs. Apache

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We already had a comparison of Mi-28 and AH-64
Now let's compare Comanche and AH-64 as I have no idea which one is better and I want to find out

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When the Commanche is deployed, I'd have to go with it. Stealthy beyond the Apache, easier to fly, faster, and armament to match the Apache, maybe not in amounts, but with the promised performance, I think it'll edge out the Apache.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Comanche ain't being deployed. They finally scrapped it earlier this year.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well put sweatmonicaIdo, by saying FINALLY.

This thing should of being cancelled awhile ago, but at least its tech will find its way into others.

Manned helos isn't the future. These are.

Boeing A-160 Hummingbird --- I never understood why they put an "A" in front of it, maybe to mock there rival. Its called the Hummingbird because its makes a humming sound instead of the traditional choppy sound.

Boeing X-50 --- It will transition in flight from a helo to a jet.

Northrop Grumman Fire Scout --- It can be armed as well as just recon, its smallish size makes it easy to transport.

Then theres the UCAR (Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft) - Which is still in its early concept phase. But whis one will be reconizable in the future from 3 things. 1.Stealth 2.Armed 3.No tail rotor.

It could be a very stealthy future.

anf of course I didn't label all of the programs and prototypes cause that would take forever, but ya get tha point.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Commanche is DOA, like the Crusader, and the Seawolf (3 were built) they really were cold war relics. An insurgent with a RPG care little if your in a stealth choper.

That being said, IMHO the days of the armed gunship that is manned are long gone. Since the first GW, the trackrecods of attack choppers have been pretty bad and they seem easy to take out. Unmanned is the way to go.

However, in this weeks AWST, there was an article about the US seeking to replace the OH-58D Kiowa with an new armmed helo.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh migod! They killed Commanche! you Bas....

That is a bit disappointing, I really liked the look of that one. But the other Illustrations posted above have some cool projects though. Fudge.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join