It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is so powerful...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If God is so onmi-powerful, can he create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Should be BTS material...no conspiracy here...

One of the classic "if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound" bits...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yes, God can create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it. Yet at the same time he can lift it bedcause he is all powerful. Before you call me stupid....this proves that God is not restricted to the rules of human logic.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to comprehend thier God ? Are humans that rediculous. Hey Almighty one lets sit down and have a discussion over my life and my thoughts of 21 years. When you have been around ... hold on wait how long was that, oh oh you don't remember c'mon God. Your god you have to know that.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
If God is so onmi-powerful, can he create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it?

First, there is no such thing as something being too heavy to lift.

Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.

But to answer the question in the spirit it was asked, it would go something like this:

Man to God: Create a rock so big it cannot be moved.
God to man: Ok.
God then creates a rock that fills the entire universe. There is no where the rock can be moved.
God to Man: There you go.
Man to God: Nice, now move it.
God to man: Ok.
God then increases the size of the universe and moves the rock.
God to Man: There you go.
Man to God: But the rock is no longer so big that it cannot be moved.
God to Man: It was when I made it.
Man to God: I'll be damned.
God to Man: Only if you choose to be.

This question (and more) was just discussed in another thread.
Flaws in the Christian concept of God

I encourage you to go to the other thread if you have any rebuttal to this response, as it may have already been mentioned.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
God creates rules, and he does not break them. If he broke them they wouldnt be rules now would they? If God created a rock that could not be moved (which would be the size of the universe, or infinity), then God would exist within the rock. Old kabalistic explinations.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLIPStream
God creates rules, and he does not break them. If he broke them they wouldnt be rules now would they? If God created a rock that could not be moved (which would be the size of the universe, or infinity), then God would exist within the rock. Old kabalistic explinations.

God doesn't make the rules, he is the rule.

Again, if there is an answer to this question in the affirmative, it's beyond our ability to comprehend it.

[edit on 9-30-2004 by Esoterica]

top topics

join