It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked Moon Landing - Amazing Documentary

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

You don't know whether my source is credible or not.

Your source is not credible because:

1. The Moon does rotate on its axis.
2. It is not the only body in the Solar System that is tidally locked to its primary.

Relevance? Time and again you cite scientific illiterates to support your arguments. (Not to mention outright liars.)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Your source is not credible because:

Oh yes, my source is credible because Alex Collier mentioned some facts about 911 in that Moon and Mars Lecture back in 1996, and CONFIRM that the astronauts went to the Moon... Are you able to disprove that 911 happened? GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO DISPROVE THAT! GET OVER IT! Are you able to disprove that the astronauts went to the Moon? GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO DISPROVE THAT! GET OVER IT!

1. The Moon does rotate on its axis.

Wrong, the Moon does NOT rotate on it's axis in relation to the Earth...

2. It is not the only body in the Solar System that is tidally locked to its primary.

You don't know that...

Time and again you cite scientific illiterates to support your arguments.

Wrong, you're using scientific illiterates to support your arguments...

edit on 28-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So you've spent the past two days

Nope, i didn't, but let me guess, you're spending all your precious time here every day all day long...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Not really strange, but stupid. The politicians care more about spending their money towards the military than space travel these days. Obama cancelled the moon missions because he said he wants NASA to focus more on Earth related projects.

After the 6th manned Apollo mission, people were really losing their interest on travel to the moon. In fact I was reading that people were actually calling up TV stations and complaining because they stopped showing re runs of I Love Lucy and were playing moon footage instead. Shows just how quickly human priorities can shift. They had literally close to 0 public support.

Yeah, people really lost interest to watch the rest of the Moon landings. The first Moon landing in 1969 was exciting enough, but after Apollo 11 the rest of other Apollo moon missions weren't that interesting anymore... It became boring to watch the other apollo astronauts with their >>HEY, WATCH ME, I CAN JUMP ON THE MOON's SURFACE TOO!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Oh yes, my source is credible because Alex Collier mentioned some facts about 911 in that Moon and Mars Lecture back in 1996, and CONFIRM that the astronauts went to the Moon... Are you able to disprove that 911 happened?

Irrelevant. I have indicated at least two statements of his that are wrong. It doesn't matter what he says about 9/11, his knowledge of astronomy is weak, and he is not credible in that department. You can rationalize and gainsay all you want. The Moon does spin on it's axis; he said it didn't... even if he corrected himself later. It only takes one counter-example to falsify his statement that no other body does that. There is at least one that has been directly observed doing that. Please grow up.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The Moon does spin on it's axis; he said it didn't...

On Page 37 "reply posted on 15-7-2012 @ 05:48 PM by jra" 'jra' quoted my >And that's also what Alex Collier mean when he said that the Moon doesn't rotate on it's axis then he means in relation to the Earth, he just didn't think it was necessary to mention "in relation to the Earth"...< by saying >>How do you know that's what he meant? Because it's extremely important. Without stating "in relation to" it changes the entire meaning of what is being said.I just know

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

sorry im confused.. how does something rotate on its axis in relation to a seperate object?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
I agree with the points you made. It's a monumental achievement for our species. That's why I'm glad Armstrong said what he did. He was able to recognize that it's not only an achievement for a single country.

I want to add that rumors says that the Russians had the chance to walk on the Moon few years before the Americans, but because of conflict of interests between Soviet leaders and Soviet scientists, the Russians chose a wrong scientist to design the Russian Moon rocket, that if the Russians had chosen the right rocket scientist and the right workers from the beginning, the Russians had the chance to beat the Americans to the Moon...

The Americans had been working so very hard to sent out an Astronaut in attempt to be the first man in space, but then suddenly on 12 April 1961, Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space instead and became a HERO of the Soviet Union and automatically got a high position in Kremlin www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... , the Americans were bad losers, the Americans were frustrated and sad about that it was NOT an American who became the first man in space, NASA employees pounded their fist on their table and said >>Damn Russians!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos
sorry im confused.. how does something rotate on its axis in relation to a seperate object?

On Page 37 i answered 'jra's post:

Originally posted by jra
So, no comment on my graphics that show the tidally locked object rotating as it moves around the parent object?

The above graphic animation shows how the Moon revolve around the Earth when it's NOT spinning on it's axis in relation to the Earth...

The above graphic animation shows how the Moon revolve around the Eart when it spin on it's axis in relation to the Earth...

I hope it's simple and clear enough answer

wiki.answers.com...

Does the Moon spin on its axis? No it doesn't ! If it was spinning/ rotating (on its own axis, by definition), and we could somehow stop its orbit around the earth (or even suddenly straighten it into a line), it should then continue spinning. It obviously won't. It will just sit there angularly motionless as it always has.

www.digipro.com...

Why Doesn't the Moon Rotate? In comparison, the tidal effect on the Moon is static because the Moon no longer rotates in relation to the Earth.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

On Page 37 "reply posted on 15-7-2012 @ 05:48 PM by jra" 'jra' quoted my >And that's also what Alex Collier mean when he said that the Moon doesn't rotate on it's axis then he means in relation to the Earth, he just didn't think it was necessary to mention "in relation to the Earth"...< by saying >>How do you know that's what he meant? Because it's extremely important. Without stating "in relation to" it changes the entire meaning of what is being said.I just know

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

So you admit Alex Collier didn't say "in relation to Earth."

Alex Collier don't have to mention "in relation to the Earth", because he assume that at least most people automatically KNOW it is "in relation to the Earth", that's why he didn't think it's necessary to mention "in relation to the Earth". Let me guess, YOU NEVER FIGURED THAT OUT!

Collier's false claims

Wrong, you mean your false claims, and let me repeat what i just posted, wiki.answers.com...

Does the Moon spin on its axis? No it doesn't ! If it was spinning/ rotating (on its own axis, by definition), and we could somehow stop its orbit around the earth (or even suddenly straighten it into a line), it should then continue spinning. It obviously won't. It will just sit there angularly motionless as it always has.

Let me guess, YOU ARE STILL STRUGGLING TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

And let me repeat to you that the "tidally locked" theory for the rest of the other moons in this solar system is still based on theory...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Alex Collier don't have to mention "in relation to the Earth", because he assume that at least most people automatically KNOW it is "in relation to the Earth", that's why he didn't think it's necessary to mention "in relation to the Earth".

No, he counts on people not knowing that the Moon's rotation is tidally locked to the Earth. He also counts on people not knowing that this is a natural occurrence; that is why he felt he could get away with lying about this being the only body in the Solar System that does this. You need to put words in his mouth to keep him from looking like a total idiot.

let me repeat what i just posted, wiki.answers.com...

This ignorant statement not only makes no sense, it contradicts what you yourself said! This Wiki entry was made by a moron. Please explain the thought experiment. Why would its rotation stop?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

YOU and THEY brought it up...

You know you're dealing with a troll when the only possible answer to their post is: "No, you did!"

For the record, here is the full text of the Wiki you cite:

No it doesn't ! If it was spinning/ rotating (on its own axis, by definition), and we could somehow stop its orbit around the earth (or even suddenly straighten it into a line), it should then continue spinning. It obviously won't. It will just sit there angularly motionless as it always has.

Many people try the old 'its spinning once every 28.5 days' routine. OK, so if we followed directly behind (so we don't inadvertently start orbiting it) the moon in its orbit in a space shuttle, we should then see the whole surface over a 28.5 day period. Obviously we won't. And it isn't also orbiting the shuttle every 28.5 days as well as the earth. That would be some trick !

If you stood on a distant star and watched the moon, yes, you see a 360 degree view of the surface, but thats because its going round a circular path. It may look like spinning from afar, but spinning is movement around an included axis, not the describing of a circular path, in which any non spinning object will display all its sides to a distant observer outside the circle.

A top spins (around its axis) a race car (and the moon) revolves around a track but stays straight on the track. A spinning race car usually leads to disaster !

wiki.answers.com...

Do you agree with this explanation? A simple yes or no, minus juvenile insults, will do.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You know you're dealing with a troll when the only possible answer to their post is: "No, you did!"

You're absolutely RIGHT about that YOU are a TROLL when you attempt to ask me why it's relevant when you are supposed to ask yourself and them about that...

For the record, here is the full text of the Wiki you cite:

wiki.answers.com...

Do you agree with this explanation? A simple yes or no, minus juvenile insults, will do.

Of course i do agree with that Wiki explanation... What else did you expect huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

that wiki answers race car metaphor seems wrong.. individually each car needs to change its direction (spinning in a sense just slow and controlled spinning) when the guy who answered states that if the cars should spin they would cause an accident its only because the rate of spin is greater/less than what is required.. even if the viewer is in the centre of the track, each race car needs to change its direction otherwise it will slam into the outside wall. this rate of change of direction is the cars spinning, its just that for cars the spinning and "revolution" need to happen together.
edit on 29-7-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

that wiki answers race car metaphor seems wrong.. individually each car needs to change its direction (spinning in a sense just slow and controlled spinning) when the guy who answered states that if the cars should spin they would cause an accident its only because the rate of spin is greater/less than what is required.. even if the viewer is in the centre of the track, each race car needs to change its direction otherwise it will slam into the outside wall. this rate of change of direction is the cars spinning, its just that for cars the spinning and "revolution" need to happen together.

I don't f...... care what you say about the rest of that wiki answer. Eat this wiki.answers.com...

Eat this www.digipro.com...

Why Doesn't the Moon Rotate? In comparison, the tidal effect on the Moon is static because the Moon no longer rotates in relation to the Earth.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No, he counts on people not knowing that the Moon's rotation is tidally locked to the Earth. He also counts on people not knowing that this is a natural occurrence; that is why he felt he could get away with lying about this being the only body in the Solar System that does this. You need to put words in his mouth to keep him from looking like a total idiot.

Let me repeat this to you since you're STILL STRUGGLING trying to understand what is being posted, Alex Collier don't have to mention "in relation to the Earth", because he assume that at least most people automatically KNOW it is "in relation to the Earth", that's why he didn't think it's necessary to mention "in relation to the Earth"...
Are you still struggling with your english language? You know, you said that your language is German and french, so i guess i understand that the english language may be one of the problems for you trying to understand what is being posted. What can i say? I can only recommend you to continue to learn more english, and maybe some day you will maybe understand better what is being posted in international forums like this.

This ignorant statement not only makes no sense, it contradicts what you yourself said!

Nope, it does not contradict what i said...

This Wiki entry was made by a moron.

Are you jealous of the person who made that correct wiki answer since you're doing juvenile insults to that person by calling that person 'moron' ? Tsk tsk tsk, your parents should teach you some lessons and discipline...

jra

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's actually the Moon that does not rotate on its axis in relation to the Earth, is what was being said in that messy quoting.

I pointed out the "in relation to" phrase in one of the sources Anunaki10 was trying to use as evidence that the Moon doesn't rotate. I tried to explain that it meant that the Moon appears not to rotate when viewed from Earth and it doesn't mean that the Moon does not rotate, it just appears not to when viewed from Earth. But I don't think he/she still fully understands the "in relation to" phrase even though they continue to use it now.

Yeah, the come backs are rather childish. I'm sure Anunaki10 will tell us how we're all "STILL STRUGGLING" to understand something that he/she clearly has no understanding of.
edit on 29-7-2012 by jra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

why only take one wiki answer?? why not the others??

Does the earth's moon spin on its axis?
Answer:
Definitely yes. But very slowly.

Additional answer
One side is heavier than the other and is pulled by gravity to always face the Earth
link

Why does the moon not spin on its axis?
Answer:
The Moon does spin on its axis, but it takes the same time to rotate as it does to orbit the Earth. Therefore, the same side of the Moon always faces the Earth.
link

Does the moon spin on its own axis?
Answer:
Yes
link

just because it appears to not spin, does not mean it does not spin.. in order for one face to continually face the earth at all times it needs to spin on its aixs, same goes for the metaphor, in order for the spectator at the centre of the track to only see one side of the car the car needs to "turn"

p.s. no need to get so aggressive..
edit on 29-7-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join