It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked Moon Landing - Amazing Documentary

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
A tidally locked body takes just as long to rotate around its own axis as it does to revolve around its partner. Therefore, the Moon rotates one revolution for every orbit around the Earth. That means it is tidally locked. Even though an observer from Earth sees only one side continually, which to us seems like it does not rotate, the moon actually rotates approximately once every 28 days. In essence, the Moon rotates, but to us on Earth we always see the same side.

Haven't you figured it out yet? wiki.answers.com...

Does the Moon spin on its axis? No it doesn't ! If it was spinning/ rotating (on its own axis, by definition), and we could somehow stop its orbit around the earth (or even suddenly straighten it into a line), it should then continue spinning. It obviously won't. It will just sit there angularly motionless as it always has.

Which corroborates with what Alex Collier said, when he said >>Now, our moon does not turn on its axis

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

List of known tidally locked bodies in our Solar System:
Quick Source

Locked to the Sun:
Mercury

Geez, don't you check out your own provided link before you say something about Mercury, 'Gibborium'? Let's see what your provided link says about Mercury, shall we? en.wikipedia.org...

Until radar observations in 1965 proved otherwise, it was thought that Mercury was tidally locked with the Sun. Instead, it turned out that Mercury has a 3:2 spin–orbit resonance, rotating three times for every two revolutions around the Sun; the eccentricity of Mercury's orbit makes this resonance stable.

So, apparently, your "Alex Collier said that 'Morenae', " is incorrect in his "facts".

You mean what 'Moranae' allegedly told Alex Collier about the Moon as he said was the only Moon in this solar system that does that. From about 32:00 into this

1996 Moon and Mars lecture, Alex Collier did say >>Our Moon is the only one that does that

jra

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10
Haven't you figured it out yet? wiki.answers.com...

Wiki answers isn't what I'd call a definitive source. Lets make this really simple. Here are two animations. One shows an object rotating with one side locked to its parent object. The second shows an object that doesn't rotate and thus, isn't locked with only one side facing the parent object.

If the Moon didn't rotate, we would see all sides of it during the course of its orbit around the Earth.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It is also mentioned in the transcript as well as in the video of the Moon conference were Alex Collier also mention about a base on the Moon with extraterrestrials from Orion, and a war between Greys and Pleiadians on the Moon 9600 years ago.

Ahh, yes, well I wasn't going to believe you, but clearly this makes everything you've claimed before legitimate.

Now, you don't hear much about the Russian space program, but let me tell you something. They are also a major player on the moon. They don't work for us, but for the international bankers, who are the new "priesthood".

And apparently we don't hear anything much about JAXA either, because, you know, high-resolution photos and detailed mineralogical studies. And who does JAXA work for? I'm dying to know!

Originally posted by jra

That's just what the Aryan-Reptilian bankers from the moon want you to think!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is the best way to see it, the Moon rotation is not exactly the same as its rotation around the earth so we actually see about 59% of its surface here is a video of the wobble.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
1) The film was in metal magazines. The cameras had metal bodies.

2) Only if you ignore the fact that the ground was not level.

3) The scenes don't show you the whole scene.

4) No help? Are you sure? (skip to 2:10 if you wish, but you shouldn't)

'Phage', on Page 35 i posted a question for you... Let me repeat this question for you once again... During the last pages someone posted videos that debunk the "fishing-line" theory as you posted right there on page 5 "posted on 17-5-2012 @ 11:38 PM", but did you notice from about 2:53 into that clip were an astronaut jump up and when he landed on his feet there seems to be a "Wire" attached to his right leg just above his foot, and that "Wire" seems to go parallel to the ground like a straihgt "line"... Are you suggesting that this video you posted really are astronauts training somewhere in a Hangar in some US Air Force Base, before the REAL Apollo Moon missions?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Wiki answers isn't what I'd call a definitive source.

Do you see yourself as a better source than Wiki answers? Or Wikipedia for that matter? Wikipedia is not always a trustworthy source, but for the most part it is...
But i tell you what, you are just following the mainstream who automatically THINK all theories and interpretations are true. Let me remind you what ATS member 'Gibborium' nailed on Mercury on Page 35 'reply posted on 8-7-2012 @ 01:24 PM by Gibborium'... 'Gibborium' sooooo FALSELY claimed that Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun, when it shows that that interpretation is NOT true when observations proved that Mercury is NOT tidally locked to the Sun at all... 'jra', why don't YOU ask 'Gibborium' why 'Gibborium' refused NOT to mention that huh?
I think 'Gibborium' is very ashamed about that since 'Gibborium' doesn't post here anymore...

Lets make this really simple.

You claim that Wiki answers is not a trustworthy source, but you're wrong about that... Wiki answers is for the most part a trustworthy source... Let's see what Wiki Answers for example says about the Mirrors on the Moon, shall we? wiki.answers.com...

Why do astronauts leave mirrors on the moon? They shoot lasers from the earth at those mirrors to measure the exact distance between the earth and the moon.

'jra', are you able to disprove that the astronauts placed mirrors on Moon's surface?

Here's another Wiki answer wiki.answers.com...

How much does the moon move away from the earth each year? It moves 3 inches away from earth each year

Are you able to disprove that the Moon moves 3 inches away from the Earth each year?

Here's another Wiki answer wiki.answers.com...

What year did an American astronaut land on the moon? Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to land on any heavenly body outside earth when they landed on the moon on July 20th, 1969. There was also one other moon landing in 1969, and four more over the years 1970, 1971, and 1972.

'jra', are you able to disprove that the astronauts landed on the Moon?

Let me make this very simple for you 'jra', wiki.answers.com...

Does the Moon spin on its axis? No it doesn't ! If it was spinning/ rotating (on its own axis, by definition), and we could somehow stop its orbit around the earth (or even suddenly straighten it into a line), it should then continue spinning. It obviously won't. It will just sit there angularly motionless as it always has.

Or are you really also STILL STRUGGLING trying to understand that?...

Here's another one for you... www.digipro.com...

Why Doesn't the Moon Rotate? In comparison, the tidal effect on the Moon is static because the Moon no longer rotates in relation to the Earth.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
I suggest YOU re read his sentence!

How do you know 'Moduli' is a he and not a she? 'Moduli' could might well be a she... So you have to write >>I suggest YOU re read his or her sentence!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

List of known tidally locked bodies in our Solar System:
Quick Source

Locked to the Sun:
Mercury

What's the matter 'Gibborium', aren't you able to answer such simple question? I said, you brought up informations that shows that many other Moons in this solar system also are locked to their planets... So i'm gonna ask you once again... I have a question for you... How did the scientists find out that these other Moons also are tidally locked to their planet? Or are these "tidally locked" interpretations about these other Moons REALLY just based on theories?
edit on 14-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Do you see yourself as a better source than Wiki answers? Or Wikipedia for that matter? Wikipedia is not always a trustworthy source, but for the most part it is...
But i tell you what, you are just following the mainstream who automatically THINK all theories and interpretations are true. Let me remind you what ATS member 'Gibborium' nailed on Mercury on Page 35 'reply posted on 8-7-2012 @ 01:24 PM by Gibborium'... 'Gibborium' sooooo FALSELY claimed that Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun, when it shows that that interpretation is NOT true when observations proved that Mercury is NOT tidally locked to the Sun at all... 'jra', why don't YOU ask 'Gibborium' why 'Gibborium' refused NOT to mention that huh?
I think 'Gibborium' is very ashamed about that since 'Gibborium' doesn't post here anymore...

Well let's see, first things first. No, I am not ashamed about what I posted. I did a few searches, came up with an excellent article and posted it. Here is my post: abovetopsecrete.com. I posted the reference to the article, as I always do, but perhaps you didn't see it. The link says "Quick Source" and it leads to this Wiki article: Click Here to See the WIKI Source Article. Because I could not cut and paste the pertinent information from the article without doing a lot of reformatting for this thread, I hand typed the information.

My response was to your post HERE where you quote Alex Collier:

I recommend you to read this www.digipro.com... "Why Doesn't the Moon Rotate?"
And as Alex Collier said >>We always see only 59% of it. Our moon is the only one that does that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No, I am not ashamed about what I posted.

You should be ASHAMED of yourself, because YOU falsely CLAIMED that Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun, when observations proved otherwise...

I posted the reference to the article, as I always do, but perhaps you didn't see it.

Oh yes i did see it like the rest of everyone else here saw your kinda "Clown"-attempt to claim that Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun with your fatal >>Locked to the Sun: Mercury

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Quick Source

Locked to the Sun:
Mercury

What's the matter 'Gibborium', aren't you able to answer such simple question? I said, you brought up informations that shows that many other Moons in this solar system also are locked to their planets... So i'm gonna ask you once again... I have a question for you... How did the scientists find out that these other Moons also are tidally locked to their planet? Or are these "tidally locked" interpretations about these other Moons REALLY just based on theories?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My post still refutes the statement that our Moon is the only satellite that is tidally locked.

I TELL YOU WHAT, YOU don't know whether your provided link refutes that or not...
YOU don't know whether this moon is in this solar system should be the only one that is tidally locked to it's planet or not...

jra

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

So, no comment on my graphics that show the tidally locked object rotating as it moves around the parent object?

And just because I don't think wiki answers is the most definitive source, doesn't mean I think everything on it is wrong. Talk about overreacting.

Anyway, back to tidal locking. Here's what Wikipedia says:

A tidally locked body takes just as long to rotate around its own axis as it does to revolve around its partner. This synchronous rotation causes one hemisphere constantly to face the partner body.

Here's what your digipro source says:

...gravity has proven strong enough to lock the satellites' rotations to match their orbital periods.

That basically says the same thing as the Wikipedia quote. The part you quoted where he says:

...the tidal effect on the Moon is static because the Moon no longer rotates in relation to the Earth.

What he's saying is that, when viewing the Moon from Earth, it appears not to rotate. He's not saying the Moon doesn't rotate, period. He just means that only when viewing (in relation to), from Earth does it appear not to rotate.

jra

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moduli
The moon DOES rotate. How on Earth (haha) do you think the moon can revolve around the earth, *keeping one side facing us as it moves around us* WITHOUT rotating?

First, you claim that the Moon DOES rotate, then in your next sentence you claim that the Moon does NOT rotate with your "WITHOUT rotating" claim...
So what's gonna be huh? Do you THINK the Moon ROTATE, or do you THINK that the Moon does NOT rotate?

You really do need to read it again and more carefully. Moduli says that the Moon does rotate. And then he/she asks you, how you think the Moon can revolve around the Earth showing only one side without rotating.

Look at the two animated graphics I posted. Which one is only showing one side to the parent object? Which one is rotating? Hint, the answer is the same for both questions.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

There was no intention on my part to mislead anyone with my post. I only needed to show one satellite besides Earth's Moon that is tidally locked to disprove Alex Collier/Moranae. I gave the information as it appeared under the WIKI page's heading minus the parenthetical information. My error. I gave the reference to the specific WIKI page so everyone could look at the information themselves. Here is a copy of the page:

And, speaking of some one who should be ashamed, do you remember this post? abovetopsecrete.com

Originally posted by DJW001

You can Google about it, and Bingo! You will see that informations shows that Astronauts used these nicknames for the UFO sightings in space...

I have googled it. One of your sources claims that Wally Schirra reported "bogies" on Mercury 8. I have just read the entire transcript of that mission's transmissions. He did not report bogies or Santa Claus. He did confirm that "Sir John" Glenns fireflies were ice crystals that he could knock off the capsule.'Your sources are simply wrong... unless you can prove otherwise.

You jumped into the thread on page 29 and have pretty much given false information from the beginning. So, I would like to know who died and made you master of this thread?

Let me ask you a question, who do you worship Collier, or Moranae, or is it both? I apologize if I insulted one of your gods.

We both have now traded insults, so let's get back to the OP and discuss the topic at hand. Calling each other names does not accomplish anything and I am done with this specific verbal exchange.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

There was no intention on my part to mislead anyone with my post.

And you really expect anyone to believe you on that?????? Trying to be funny aren't you huh? Let me say this to you right in your ridiculous face, YOU'RE NOT FUNNY!

I don't believe you, and never did... With your ridiculous "Locked to the Sun: Mercury"-claim you intentionally refused to mention that observations PROVE that Mercury is definitely NOT tidally locked to the Sun at all... Does THIS looks familiar to you? en.wikipedia.org...

Until radar observations in 1965 proved otherwise, it was thought that Mercury was tidally locked with the Sun. Instead, it turned out that Mercury has a 3:2 spin–orbit resonance, rotating three times for every two revolutions around the Sun; the eccentricity of Mercury's orbit makes this resonance stable.
which you can check out in my reply to you on "reply posted on 8-7-2012 @ 06:01 PM by Anunaki10" on Page 36 this thread...

I only needed to show one satellite besides Earth's Moon that is tidally locked to disprove Alex Collier/Moranae.

Guess what, YOU HAVE NOT disproved Alex Collier/Moranae...

'Gibborium', i asked you a question... What's the matter 'Gibborium', aren't you able to answer such simple question? I said, you brought up informations that shows that many other Moons in this solar system also are locked to their planets... So i'm gonna ask you once again... I have a question for you... How did the scientists find out that these other Moons also are tidally locked to their planet? Or are these "tidally locked" interpretations about these other Moons REALLY just based on theories?

Are you STILL STRUGGLING trying to understand the question? Let me repeat it... I have a question for you... How did the scientists find out that these other Moons also are tidally locked to their planet? Or are these "tidally locked" interpretations about these other Moons REALLY just based on theories????????????????????????
edit on 15-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

How did the scientists find out that these other Moons also are tidally locked to their planet? Or are these "tidally locked" interpretations about these other Moons REALLY just based on theories?

Through direct observation. Mercury's 3:2 phasing fooled astronomers, because it meant that the same surface features were visible at the planet's maximum elongations. We now have spacecraft that are monitoring nearly all the natural satellites in the Solar System, almost in real time. Don't get angry because you cannot understand something that most people learn in Kindergarten.

Edit to add: Mercury is tidally locked to the Sun, the 3:2 period is clearly a resonance. Oddly, Venus seems to be tidally locked to the Earth.
edit on 15-7-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
We now have spacecraft that are monitoring nearly all the natural satellites in the Solar System, almost in real time.

What kind of spacecrafts are they huh? Are you saying that we have spacecrafts like those from the Star Wars movies and use them to monitor all the natural satellites?????
And how does they monitor all the natural satellites in this solar system? Guess what, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me remind you of that until radar observations in 1965 proved otherwise, it was THOUGHT that Mercury was tidally locked with the Sun... Which means that the "tidally locked" interpretations about Mercury was based on theories, but these theories about Mercury showed to be WRONG when radar observations in 1965 proved that Mercury is definitely NOT tidally locked to the Sun at all...

Don't get angry because you cannot understand something that most people learn in Kindergarten.

I'm not angry just because i try to teach you something here, but you obviously have some problems to learn something 'DJW001' amateur-rookie-student... You mean YOU DON'T UNERSTAND what most people learn in Kindergarten...

And you don't know whether the "tidally locked" interpretations about the Moons are still just based on theories or not just based on theories... You don't know that... You don't know if radar observations also should have proved the "tidally locked" interpretations about the rest of the other Moons wrong or not proved them wrong, you don't know that...
edit on 15-7-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join