It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of humanity to brighten your day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just a short little article I saw today that made me smile.

Apparently a guy put up a small post on Reddit about his uncle. His uncle is sadly terminally sick with liver disease and also suffers from Down Syndrome. More than anything his uncle likes to receive and open mail. The guy just politely asked if anyone would be willing to send a letter or a card... How did the Reddit forum junkies respond...? IN FORCE!

For the last month, the sick uncle has been receiving letters, cards, and all assortments of gifts from ALL over the world. We're talking boxes upon boxes of letters! Some people even sent items that had personal meaning such as a lucky coin someone has been carrying around for 14 years.

digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com...

With all the sick headlines rampant in the news these days, it's nice to see random people coming together to make a day easier for a person they have never and will never meet.

edit on 5/17/2012 by Lorienth because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2012 by Lorienth because: typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lorienth

Heartwarming and humourous. Just goes to show the world isn't completely full of [SNIPs] yet. I bet the postman is not a happy chappy though!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Haha, fitting pic...

I see less and less lighthearted topics in the news (fear and gossip unfortunately seem to sell so well) and even less here. ATS being mainly a conspiracy forum the headlines tend to be dreary.

Just trying to remind people that there are still some good people out there fighting the good fight.

edit on 5/19/2012 by Lorienth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Here's one for today.
(Sorry it's from Fauxnews, lol.)

A young boy was choking on a piece of chicken and passed out. The grandmother in a panic rushed the boy outside to try to find help. The boy's older sister (four years old) had received 911 training in school and proceeded to calmy call 911 and explain the situation. An officer who happened to be in the area was on scene within moments and was able to revive the child!

Kudos to the amazing four year old who showed this uncanny presence of mind as well as the officer who responded so quickly.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lorienth

-My first thought was:
"They give (anti?) terrorism training to little kids???"
Doh! And for the record, 112 or 999 is a much safer and more logical number to dial when in a panic!

top topics

join