It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hero of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Some of you may or may not have heard of this movie, but this is a fan-made movie based on The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Due to copyrights, Nintendo had put a halt to this fan-made movie being released. The movie was completed and had a release date, but that day never came. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of a copy and watch the movie. I must say the movie stayed kinda close to the story line to the game, but not all of the stuff on the game made it to the movie. Obviously because the movie would be too long and also they were on a small budget.

Like I said the people who made this movie stayed almost true to the games story, but being a small budget film I knew i wasnt gonna expect much.

Here is a trailer for the movie.

After watching that, would any of you guys wanna watch it? What did you guys think about the trailer? I thought it decent for a fan-made small budget film.

For the people who watched it, what are your thoughts?
edit on 17-5-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

Here is the official site for the movie. www.theherooftime.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I'll be honest and admit I clicked the trailer without reading... and thought "No!"

Then I read that it is a fan-made movie which moves the goalposts considerably imho. For an amateur, the costs, logistics and planning alone must have been a nightmare.

Judging by the comments on youtube, the fans love it and that is really who it is made for I think. I never played the game, know nothing of the story and, without being critical, have no real interest in watching the film but maybe a "Hollywood" type mogul will open his eyes and think "Hey...maybe there's something in this...."

Disclaimer: I'm a Doom (ID Software) fan and did watch Doom the movie with The Rock in it and also enjoyed it, despite the ratings. Was it the best movie I ever saw? No. Was it the worst? No.
Disclaimer 2: I love Teh Rock! (Hmm...sounds a bit kinky maybe but you know what I mean.)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Im a huge Zelda fan! Thanks for posting! i didnt hear any of the original music from the game on the trailer. im gonna check out the movie now though!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
looks good, i dont really care how much of a budget a film has. i support the little guy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ooooooh, looks awesome!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You're right about it being for the fans, I liked it and what they did was amazing with what they had. A fan-made movie..for the fans!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
O.O I remember this trailer! A shame that I never took the time to watch the movie before it was taken down from the internet.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by camarosquid
O.O I remember this trailer! A shame that I never took the time to watch the movie before it was taken down from the internet.

Its still in the interwebz, if you look hard enough you will find it.

top topics

join