It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Eye Candy On ATS. But Functionality Sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
ATS prides itself by having a fancy looking website with all that eye candy. So far so good. But in the process, ATS seems to have lost the basics of functionality!

Some things are a pain. Like:

1. How do I find my last post in a thread? It sucks when the thread is as long as the Nile. When I go to 'my ATS' and click on the 'favorites thread (where I had last posted) it is impossible to find it! Trawling from page one to infinity sucks! We don't have the darn time for that.

Suggestion: I should automatically be sent to my last post on the thread on clicking the subscribed thread in 'my ATS' and NOT the first page of the thread which makes absolutely no sense!

2. Each time one needs to highlight/bold/Headline/italicize etc a certain part of the text, one is sent to another pop up window where one's required to cut /paste that portion in the space provided. This sucks!

Suggestion: Like forums on other websites, the portion of text required to be bolded/italicized etc can be highlighted and the relevant button on top of the post clicked. That's it! No separate windows, no cut and paste etc!

3. YouTube and Google videos are again a pain! One needs to cut the portion from the '=' sign onwards and then paste that portion of the url on the post!

Suggestion: Just copy and paste the entire url of the video on the post. That's it! (Like on other website forums).

As for me, I go through the painful time consuming drill of doing everything manually here - in this century of automation where life is supposed to become simpler!
Geeez!

We've had enough of eye candy graphics on ATS. Now it's time ATS makes our lives simpler!

There's more but this will have to do for now!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

1. How do I find my last post in a thread? It sucks when the thread is as long as the Nile. When I go to 'my ATS' and click on the 'favorites thread (where I had last posted) it is impossible to find it! Trawling from page one to infinity sucks! We don't have the darn time for that.

Suggestion: I should automatically be sent to my last post on the thread on clicking the subscribed thread in 'my ATS' and NOT the first page of the thread which makes absolutely no sense!

I completely agree with you on this one.
But if you go to "Tools"- "Profile" - "Posts", you will find a list of all your posts in certain threads, and go from there. It takes you straight to your last post in that thread. It's a long way around, but hey

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Kudos to you for raising this issue, but I can't see much being done about it. In some ways, my dear ATS is 10 years behind similar websites in terms of UX/UI/UE. For just one example, I have previously raised the point that there is no pagination (Page 1, 2, 3, 4) at the bottom of the "Recent Posts" page, which would be incredibly useful!

Guys prove me wrong and let's get this site up to speed!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Some of those "suggestions" would be nice,I will agree. On the other hand,Im used to some of them also,regardless if they are cumbersome.

If changes do occur,I wouldn't want the overall look to change. I would think,it would take alot,to change a few things,and then have something else get messed up in the process.Plus,it would cost money........ Thats always a deciding factor.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What did your last slave die of?

Just kidding.
As always we welcome suggestions and ways to make ATS better with open arms. But if you'd be so kind as to add your thoughts to the thread created for this purpose:
ATS - What would you like to see in the future?.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join