It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Discussion - MOTIVE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am creating this thread here to dispel any misconceptions that you may have about the situation that happened on 9.11. The primary function of this thread is to determine the MOTIVE of the 9/11 attackers. Nothing else. This is a very very specific thread and deviation from the topic will result in immediate disqualification of your statements as irrelevant to the subject matter. This may become a multipart series on 9/11 brought you in part by ATS. Discuss why you think they attacked us

Feel free to start the topic of discussion.
edit on 113131p://5America/ChicagoWed, 16 May 2012 23:12:54 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Blowback, You cannot waltz into countries, kill people ans steal their resources, without getting a few people angry.

Lets say someone kills your Family, would you fly a one way aircraft...

I would.

Then there is the famous quote from a Jesuit preist.

`Before Israel was our friend, the Entire Middle East were our Friends`

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'll just say to further the agenda's of the NWO since they accomplished soooooooooooooooo much.

From 911 came:
iraq invasion
afghanistan invasion
the patriot act and MANY police state bills and objectives

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

That is precisely the reason that OBL has given that has been elucidated in numerous statements but I am waiting for the naysayers to come here and disprove otherwise.

They are using 9/11 as justification for the war in afghanistan, but I am willing to hear their side of the motive for 911 story.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

That is another excellent theory. Who is benefiting from this? Certainly the proponents of the NWO. Iraq, and Afghanistan are not benefiting from this whatsoever. I know Haliburton and a couple of mineral mining companies and corporations and contractors are surely benefiting..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

I'll just say to further the agenda's of the NWO since they accomplished soooooooooooooooo much.

From 911 came:
iraq invasion
afghanistan invasion
the patriot act and MANY police state bills and objectives

Almost exactly what I had in mind after reading OP. What about Libya invasion too? Sure, it was later, but still?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

I will further go and state that the NWO = Antichrist and basically Islam and these Muslim countries are the only thing in their way, that is why they have to demonize them, make them look bad, dehumanize them so that attacking them becomes second nature.

OBL attack the USA (as a response to US interference in middle east) was just the excuse they needed. They kept on picking on the hornets nest, and then one of them stung and they went in after it all.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Yeah pretty much any invasion they've made in the name of "war on terror".

No disrespect to the lives lost in America or abroad but when the future of mankind looks back at 911, I think they will see it as one of the greatest militaristic/political strategies ever made. The magnitude of crap they'll be able to pull off just from the one event will go down in history like some of the stories about alexander the great.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event like a new Pearl Harbor

www.newamericancentury.org... p51.

This is one motive that is on the record and helped in uniting the neo conservatives towards the events of 9/11, to help rebuild Americas defences. With the world entering a more peaceful state, a large military budget and spending could not be justified. With America a democracy, war can not be entered into without a large base of public support. The only way all the defence contractors, generals and others in the war industry could achieve job security was to start a fight. No country in the the world was dumb enough to take on America, so they had to start it themselves. With Russia also having issues in Afghanistan it provided an easy sell at the UN security council.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

To semi-quote GW...the "perpetrators" was the US itself. Not OBL. We (USA) perpetrated 9/11 on the feigned premise of the beginning of the "War on Terror"...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is not an attack piece on any person or people but it depends on who you believe is really responsible for 9/11.

I think possibly the Israeli government had a strong hand in the events of that day and the US is the war machine used to take out the enemies of Israel in the Middle East. The attacks of that day was to influence the American people into such a war. The faceless war against terrorism.
Afghanistan, with it's resources and Opium, is to help fund the war machine. Going into Iraq was finishing something started 10 years prior. Once Saddam announced he would sell oil only for Gold in 2000 he re-certified his death warrant. Undermining the dollar without permission is a no no.

Remember Gaddafi also made the same announcement about Gold and Oil shortly before his demise.

Iran and Syria are also on the list of countries we are going to affect according to General Wesley Clark when he was interviewed by Amy Goodman.

What's the best way to fight a war and rid yourself of your enemies?
Trick someone else into fighting it for you.
edit on 17-5-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Blowback, You cannot waltz into countries, kill people ans steal their resources, without getting a few people angry.

Lets say someone kills your Family, would you fly a one way aircraft...

I would.

Then there is the famous quote from a Jesuit preist.

`Before Israel was our friend, the Entire Middle East were our Friends`

Before you get too hung up on remorse don't forget the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq came after 9/11, not before.

Yes, US troops had been deployed to the region earlier but that was part of a UN mission to reverse the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Bush's popularity was sinking. Do you need more of a reason than that?

Bush didn't plan it, evidence shows 9/11 was a 30 year plan. He or his masters (father) just gave the green light for it.

Cheney also made billions in Halliburton contracts, there's a good motive.
Rummsfeld made trillions at the pentagon.
Wolfowitz and all the other neocons got their "new pearl harbor" which they predicted.
Don't forget Larry Silverstein made billions on insurance, and Michael Chertoff became head of DHS and made millions through rape-a-scan body scanners.

Oh and let's not forget the dumb patsies who thought they would get even against the "great satan". I guess they are a footnote to the other motives.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am continually amazed at people who do not understand the history of the middle east and therefore assume that the general populace simply hates "our freedoms".

This all goes back to the end of the British Empire, the creation of the arab states and Israel, the overthrowing by the CIA and MI5 of a democratically elected leader in Iran in 1953, the backing of the Shah of Iran, the continued use of arab states in the proxy cold war between the US & USSR including the initial backing, and then abandoning of the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, and the US promising to back the Iraqi's insurgency to overthrow Saddam Hussein during the 1991 Gulf War and subsequent U-turn in policy that left an awful lot of people to be persecuted, round up and shot.

In short, for the past 100 years the Western powers have taken a dump all over the middle east, and people wonder why elements of the population over there got pissed off?
edit on 17/5/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The department of homeland security's worst fear is NO terrorists, because they would then have no justification to check our socks and underwear. And it is a proven fact that post 9/11, including the underwear bomber, and the underwear bomber part 2, the government routinely puts terrorists and bombs on planes and then "discovers" the threat. So if the government is doing this post 9/11, the logical conclusion is they also did it on 9/11. Motive wise, the war on terrorism would not exist without 9/11. Conspiracy or luck, either way the policy of the leaders was and still is evil.

The motive is to legalize tyranny against "terrorists" and then slowly slip that noose around the necks of the american people and anyone else they view as an enemy. In short, a larger more intrusive government.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
The department of homeland security's worst fear is NO terrorists, because they would then have no justification to check our socks and underwear. And it is a proven fact that post 9/11, including the underwear bomber, and the underwear bomber part 2, the government routinely puts terrorists and bombs on planes and then "discovers" the threat. So if the government is doing this post 9/11, the logical conclusion is they also did it on 9/11. Motive wise, the war on terrorism would not exist without 9/11. Conspiracy or luck, either way the policy of the leaders was and still is evil.

The motive is to legalize tyranny against "terrorists" and then slowly slip that noose around the necks of the american people and anyone else they view as an enemy. In short, a larger more intrusive government.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

Okay, so I personally know the war on terror is bull#. I use to live in Elmwood Park, NJ and this kid I went to high school with was apparently a "terrorist". Let me throw this out there...he was in special ed. lol I'm not joking either. I've included a news story about it but if you don't believe me then hopefully I can dig up my yearbook and post his picture. When my friends and I heard he was arrested for terrorism all we could do was laugh at the FBI because it was blatantly obvious they egged this kid on to become a terrorist. I don't even think he could do simple math let alone go to Somalia to become a terrorist.

Carlos Almonte
Updated: June 7, 2010

Carlos Eduardo Almonte, a resident of North Bergen, N.J., was arrested on June 5, 2010, at Kennedy International Airport on his way to Somalia with the stated intention of joining an Islamic extremist group to kill American troops. Mohamed Mahmood Alessa of Elmwood Park, N.J., was also taken into custody.

The two men were charged with conspiring to kill, maim and kidnap people outside the United States. Mr. Almonte, 24, and Mr. Alessa, 20, were seeking to join Al Shabab, a group that claims ideological kinship with Al Qaeda and was thought to have provided a haven to Qaeda operatives wanted for bombings of United States Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, prosecutors said in court papers. Each could face a maximum sentence of life in prison and penalties of $250,000.

The men have been under scrutiny by the F.B.I. since 2006, after the agency received a tip on its Web site. Beginning in 2009, an undercover officer from the New York Police Department's Intelligence Division recorded many meetings and conversations with them, during which they discussed their plans, according to a criminal complaint.

The suspects, both United States citizens, physically conditioned themselves, engaged in paintball and tactical training, saved thousands of dollars for their trip, and acquired military gear and apparel, according to the complaint. They talked about what they said was their obligation to wage violent jihad, and at times expressed a willingness to commit acts of violence in the United States, the complaint said.

A law enforcement official said that Mr. Almonte, a naturalized United States citizen, was born in the Dominican Republic. His father, Pedro Almonte, drove a school bus.

A classmate at Elmwood Park High School, where Carlos Almonte graduated in 2005, described him as normal, dressing the same way other students did. But after graduation, Mr. Almonte began changing, he said.

A piece of another news story:

To counteract those seemingly damning words, lawyers who have taken similar cases to trial said a possible strategy is to argue the men are impressionable blowhards who had no concrete plans about what to do once they landed in Somalia. Alessa, who authorities say did most of the tough talking, was only 16 when the alleged plot began. Other than folding knives, authorities have not indicated the men had acquired weapons. And there is no indication they had actually made contact with the terror group, al Shabaab.
"These guys are nothing but disaffected young people and loudmouth talkers. If they actually ever made it to Somalia, they would have wound up getting shot," said Ronald L. Kuby, a lawyer who represented one of the men convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
No matter what they argue, Alessa and Almonte would likely have a tough time beating the charges at trail, defense lawyers said. The federal government puts tremendous resources into terrorism investigations. And jurors in New Jersey can easily see themselves as potential victims of terrorism, the lawyers said.

edit on 17-5-2012 by homervb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That is the trouble. The motive changes with who you think did it.

So if you disagree on the suspects then the motives become nonsense..

psik

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
To which 'THEY' (who attacked us)..do your refer
I ask only because I am unsure myself....
anyone with any authority could have blamed in on absolutely ANYONE they liked as far as I can tell,
Please elaborate on the 'they' you refer to.

Bazzerd

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Either way, I think it was an attempt to shatter the American illusion of safety. An attack on the homeland is a symbol of how the rest of the world is there, they are angry, and your life doesn't mean anything if they want to destroy it.

Now, America kind of lost their minds and went into turtle with missiles mode, but the attack accomplished exactly what it meant to. It woke people up to the fact that the world is not gumdrops and flowers. It's blood, death, and violence at all times. The US is no exception.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If as some people claim, it was because the people of the middle east were angry then why go to such extremes to try and hijack 4 'planes'? Surely this is a very risky strategy that had lots of room to fail? Surely not all 4 sets of hijackers were capable of getting a load of box cutters past security?

The motive was financial and political, and to have been able to pull this off with such precision it would have needed some inside help. This had to be an inside job, if it wasn't then NIST would have been more thorough, and the investigation evidence would have been more open.

This attack conveniently gave TPTB a perfect motive to attack Iraq. If we are to believe everything the media presents to us then we are foolish.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join