It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache Drops Training Missile Near Texas Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Apache Drops Training Missile Near Texas Town

news.sky.com

A US Army Apache helicopter accidentally dropped an inactive missile over central Texas, forcing dozens of homes to be evacuated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What if this was a cover story and the thing was real? Ba-boom, there goes 100 families. There must be some pretty stupid pilots flying over your head folks, watch our for your ceiling getting caved in or worse.

"Killeen Police Department responded and located the object which was impaled into the surface of the ground. Officials immediately cordoned off the area," a statement from the army's Fort Hood base said.

According to reports about 100 homes were evacuated.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I feel an urge to reply because this is right near my home town. Man, what a nightmare. Somebody is gonna get fired over this for sure.

Though, it's important to remember that the aircrew maintaining the aircraft and loading weapons are people too, and everyone makes mistakes.

Still...wowie. Imagine the first reactions of people around the dummy missile. Everyone is so worked up right now, I'm sure someone thought they were being attacked.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what happens when there are 20,000 armed drones flying overhead,
with that many planes one will crash with ordnance on board
then what? to stay safe we must be unsafe?

xploder

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This just goes to show what a really bad idea this was in the first place. Eventually, someone will get killed. Then we'll hear angry people. But, then, it will be too late.

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Absolutely - the US should disband it's entire armed forces immediately and destroy all their equipment to avoid anything like this ever happening!

but not ban motorcars to stop 30-35,000 people getting killed a year because that's not nearly as bad as 1 DUMMY missile getting dropped and not actually doing any damage.......

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So much for their idea of protecting us. Think they did it on purpose as an experiment.
They just wanted to see the reaction time.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Mine!! I saw it first. Standard shotgun rules, I call the object as soon as I see it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Absolutely - the US should disband it's entire armed forces immediately and destroy all their equipment to avoid anything like this ever happening!

but not ban motorcars to stop 30-35,000 people getting killed a year because that's not nearly as bad as 1 DUMMY missile getting dropped and not actually doing any damage.......

Fight the wars over there, where the wars are happening....Not in our damn backyards, where our children play.

Des
edit on 16-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Mine!! I saw it first. Standard shotgun rules, I call the object as soon as I see it.

Sorry, I already have it listed in Soldier of Fortune Magazine in the classifieds....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Dang it guys their gonna lock down units on Hood until they find that sucker,Probably my old unit 1/7 Cav there.The are NO armed drones over US environments outside of a live attack mission.This clearly illustrates why.

new topics

top topics

join