It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masons ring of the 32nd degree

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
If the higher echlons of masonry have hidden knowledge, what do they say about the 2012 mayan prophecy,
or do they have their own version of the end of the world scenario.

This is a non-factor nor is there any mention of end-of-the-world scenarios.

How does the masonry tie in with the so called illuminati, if such illuminati exist at all.

The Bavarian Illiuminati recruited from some of their local Masonic lodges but were disbanded shortly thereafter.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks all for the replies, but excuse my curiosity.
Always wondered if there are any Born Again Christians who are also masons, and how would
they have been sworn in since for him/her, kneeling before an altar would be trifle idolatrus not
to mention taking any vows, since the Bible clearly says neither promise nor swear but let your yay be yay and nay be nay. Moreover his first duty would be to evangelise other members, which am not sure if it is permitted in the fraternity.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Always wondered if there are any Born Again Christians who are also masons...

I am sure that there are but I would not know who specificlaly unless they told me as we do not ask each other about religious affiliation.

...and how would
they have been sworn in since for him/her, kneeling before an altar would be trifle idolatrus not
to mention taking any vows, since the Bible clearly says neither promise nor swear but let your yay be yay and nay be nay.

I find this to be a common Bible misunderstanding. When you get married do you take a wedding vow? Take a vow of loyalty upon joining the military? Pledge to tell the truth in court? Masonic vows do not contradict anything.

Moreover his first duty would be to evangelise other members, which am not sure if it is permitted in the fraternity.

It is not and Born Agains who feel the need to constantly evanglize are frankly quite boorish and obnoxious.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks all for the replies, but excuse my curiosity.
Always wondered if there are any Born Again Christians who are also masons, and how would
to mention taking any vows, since the Bible clearly says neither promise nor swear but let your yay be yay and nay be nay. Moreover his first duty would be to evangelise other members, which am not sure if it is permitted in the fraternity.

So you are saying that my wedding VOWS were wrong according to the Bible because we are not to make promises ??? Wedding vows are promises to one another (and that is what we Masons do , make a promise to our brethren ) .

Here is one similar , well almost word for word , of my wife and mine as stated by our minister ...

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

edit on 19-5-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by network dude

If there really are things in the work that are supposed to communicate things which cannot be taught as This site proposes, then my Lodge is missing the whole point of it. We just got our checkered floor and tessalated border last year after being chartered for more than 50 years!

Interesting that. More than a bit of an oversight (an inexpensive one at that). Must've made the JW's lecture a bit of a headscratcher!

Fitz

Well, for the lecture, we laid down a mat. We now have a lot of younger members putting a lot of time in remodeling the lodge. We have actual steps to go along with the FC lecture, and we have the pretty new tile and border, and we have new tile countertops and cabinets, and a new refrigerator, and a new sign outside, with a new spotlight! Things are looking up.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Well, for the lecture, we laid down a mat. We now have a lot of younger members putting a lot of time in remodeling the lodge. We have actual steps to go along with the FC lecture, and we have the pretty new tile and border, and we have new tile countertops and cabinets, and a new refrigerator, and a new sign outside, with a new spotlight! Things are looking up.

Good to hear. Sounds like you're seeing the same sort of resurgence in interest I've noticed in my neck of the woods over the last decade. Glad to hear your brethren are walking the walk

Fitz

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Survival of the fittest

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org...

' For other uses, see Survival of the fittest (disambiguation).

"Survival of the fittest" is a phrase originating in evolutionary theory, as an alternative description of natural selection. The phrase is today commonly used in contexts that are incompatible with the original meaning as intended by its first two proponents: British polymath philosopher Herbert Spencer (who coined the term) and Charles Darwin.

Herbert Spencer first used the phrase – after reading Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species – in his Principles of Biology (1864), in which he drew parallels between his own economic theories and Darwin's biological ones, writing, "This survival of the fittest, which I have here sought to express in mechanical terms, is that which Mr. Darwin has called 'natural selection', or the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life."[1]

Darwin first used Spencer's new phrase "survival of the fittest" as a synonym for natural selection in the fifth edition of On the Origin of Species, published in 1869.[2][3] Darwin meant it as a metaphor for "better adapted for immediate, local environment", not the common inference of "in the best physical shape".[4] Hence, it is not a scientific description.[5]

– Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about th'universe! Did Einstein really say that? '

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is definitely a Yod, not a seven.
A Yod within an equilateral triangle is a symbol for a god.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about th'universe! Did Einstein really say that? '

He damn well better have. I've read it to many times and used it in trumps. Never looked it up tho ?

The reason for that is it sounds to much like him to have not said it. Did you know he was a smartass ? Always coming off with things that people had to ask him about ? People apparently were always asking him, What do you mean by that ? " or, " What does that mean ? " ?

edit on 20-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice ring, I'm jealous because I wouldn't mind owning it myself. The symbol you refer to as the number 7 is infact a hebrew character and has nothing to do with the number 7. But all of that information can be found by a diligent researcher. Nevertheless and beautiful ring.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

You may have already seen this. If not please enjoy.

I love it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs
[more

Hi,

I am the owner of this ring. I am very surprised to read some of your comments. It is nice to know there are
knowledgable people left in the world. ]

I hope you enjoy the posting of it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join