A masons ring of the 32nd degree

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthExposed
Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I thought the only truly important landmark in the equation (in regards to the first few degrees anyway) is King Solomon's Temple, it's ground floor, it's middle chamber, the sanctum sanctorum - things that are moderately uniform throughout all the different political factions of masonry.

When we refer to landmarks we speak of belief in Diety, of possesing an immortal soul and the proclusion of discussing religion and politics in lodge.

All state Grand Lodges in the United States adhere to these landmarks and the will typically be the oldest Grand Lodge in each state and have mutual amity and recognition with the same Grand Lodges as the others. There are smaller 'clandestine' Grand Lodges which do not adhere to these landmarks and are not considered 'regular'. There are also some Grand Lodges overseas that fall into the same catergory of not being recognized because they allow Atheists or discuss politics in lodge.

This is the reason I mentioned earlier about the landmarks being the determining factor when it came to recognition. The ritual may differ but each Grand Lodge that has amity and mutual recognition with my Grand Lodge will have uphold the same landmarks regardless of their location or country of origin.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Say an south african passes all your checks and grips and whatnot and knows precisely what you know - but you find out he's a member of Prince Hall or simply from a foreign lodge that doesn't report to the same people you do - aren't you supposed to halt all masonic communication at that point? In my experience an american A.F.A.M will at that point treat the other like a leper can vacate the area immediately. Politics, politics, politcs.

My Grand Lodge recognizes Prince Hall Masonry and this would not be an issue. However, if someone from a jurisdiction where they allow Atheists for some reason tried to gain addmission to my lodge they would not be able to enter. This does not mean I would not be friendly to them, it only means that they could not sit in lodge with me an vice versa.

I happen to have several friends who are International Masons in Brooklyn and we frequently discuss the ideals of Masonry without discussing the nuances they make their Grand Lodge different then mine. There are also Brothers on this site how are part of another Jurisidiction and we are all cordial with each other. I do not think your experiences align with my own and the other posters who happen to be Masons at all.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

my local chapter holds meeting first thursday every month, i contacted them about joining they said just show up, even said i stay after for food! ( love these guys already) i believe there will be a interview process and more then likely need a sponsor after that but i don't think it would be a issue finding someone at that point to help you along. look up your local lodge and ask for info. i got the info still haven't took the leap yet. soon though.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Asking for evicence while failing to provide it yourself.

Epic fail.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was going to say that Scottish Rite is related to the Masons, but I can see that we have lots of experts here at ATS. To Pinnochio: you are so right about the woman question. I am female myself but there is a movement going on and has been going on for awhile called El Haddai. This group of women are ruthless and seek the ultimate power over man...that he disposes of God and begins to think that he is God. Then, she can move right in and take that over. Those higher levels probably involve El Haddai for those men and women who seek the highest power available to man over God.
I will not tell you what El Haddai is, but it really is something the military should know about. Maybe they do. Any hows...all men concerned for their soul...avoid those higher levels and be careful. I love men and I hate to see them fooled by the "Queen of Heaven."

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I can tell you are knowledgeable in the area of the occult. Or, atleast it looks like it. Are the five stars dealing with the expression E-5? Also the rightly turned omega has to do with the proper use of time rather than open ended? You know about the eye too don't you?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
beautiful ring .. but a Super bowl ring puts that thing to shame

~ Love is an art
edit on 18-5-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting and complicated subject.
99 degrees and christianity is also tied in. Though the Bible does not say anything on freemasonry

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Interesting and complicated subject.
99 degrees and christianity is also tied in. Though the Bible does not say anything on freemasonry

Well since freemasonry wasn't around until the 1500s, and had no Grand Lodges before 1717' I'd imagine we missed the cut for making it into the bible.

Our allegories and lessons, as well as ( some one correct me if I'm wrong please) all of the ritual of blue lodge is entirely based on the stories found in the bible.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

There is no such movement in Freemasonry, not even in Continental Lodges that do admit women. Personally, I am sympathetic to the cause of equal rights and if it says otherwise in someones Holy Book, they are entitled to their opinion and can practice "submission" as their faith demands but their Religious Law doesn't apply to anyone except the members of their Faith.
edit on 18-5-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I thought the only truly important landmark in the equation (in regards to the first few degrees anyway) is King Solomon's Temple, it's ground floor, it's middle chamber, the sanctum sanctorum - things that are moderately uniform throughout all the different political factions of masonry.

There are 25 Landmarks of Masonry, and are enumerated here:

www.masonicworld.com...

Again, what you would call clandestine lodges know everything the pompous "A.F.A.M. powers that be" and other American masonic political factions do, and adhere to the same landmarks. The finest example of this is Prince Hall.

Clandestine lodges do not adhere to the Landmarks. Prince Hall affiliation is generally not considered clandestine.

Your very thorough obligation contains the word "clandestine" - now look in your published monitor/manuscript as to YOUR lodges definition of the word.

The word "clandestine" does not appear in the obligation. However, this word applies to pseudo-Masonic organizations, i.e., organizations that have appropriated the name "Masonic".

All legitimate Masonic organizations adhere to the Landmarks, and can trace their lineage to the Grand Lodges of England or Scotland through the issuance of charters. Any organization that falls outside of these requirements is not "Masonic", regardless of what they may call themselves.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The word "clandestine" does not appear in the obligation. However, this word applies to pseudo-Masonic organizations, i.e., organizations that have appropriated the name "Masonic".

Actually, in my jursidiction there is a part of the Master Mason obligation that reads:

Neither will I sit in a clandestine lodge or hold Masonic communication with a clandestine, suspended or expelled Mason, I knowing him to be such.

I know I promised you a Constitution M.L., I will throw in a New Jersey Cipher as well.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

No, we also adhere to the Ancient Landmarks. We just interpret them differently than your Jurisdiction does.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

No, we also adhere to the Ancient Landmarks. We just interpret them differently than your Jurisdiction does.

I am not trying to pic a fight, but how do you deal with this:

That every candidate for initiation must be a man, free born and of lawful age.

Not much grey area there.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
That is pretty cool! Funny I saw a thread on here a while ago in which someone was claiming that the 33rd degree of masonry was non-existent and a fallacy and just made up to poorly portray masons. This proves him wrong.

Not all lodges have a 33rd degree (supposedly) - it is the final "occult" (meaning hidden) degree. This ring is a 32nd degree ring.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I am not trying to pic a fight, but how do you deal with this:

That every candidate for initiation must be a man, free born and of lawful age.

Not much grey area there.

I'm a fan of tradition, and I hate to see traditions changed in the name of political correctness, but I can easily deal with what you pose.

We have redefined "free born" and we have redefined "lawful age," so what is the problem with the broader definition of "man" as in "mankind?" In my opinion, we don't allow women in the Lodge in the name of tradition and harmony, but really that is our own shortcoming, and in this day and age of Lodge's falling by the wayside for economic reasons, and all Lodges being racially integrated, and Lodges allowing 18 year olds, and Lodges doing 1-day degree work without ever returning catechisms or showing proficiency, then why not allow women?

I was the Master of my Lodge when I hadn't even returned the FC or MM catechisms, yet I was a Worshipful Master due to lack of interest and my ability as a quickstudy and sucker for punishment.

Personally, I would not vote to change anything, but I also would not oppose a logical discussion on the matter.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I get what you are saying. I asked no1smootha this question once before, so I will now pose it to you in this context.

how should a candidate be prepared to receive the sublime degree of master mason?

I want to be the SD on that degree if women are allowed.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Not all lodges have a 33rd degree (supposedly) - it is the final "occult" (meaning hidden) degree. This ring is a 32nd degree ring.

The 33rd degree is not hidden ("occult"). The degree is the highest in the Scottish Rite of Masonry, and is conferred by Supreme Councils of that Rite, or in acting Councils convened by Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, in recognition of outstanding service to Masonry. 33rd degree members of the Rite wear the white cap with the Patriarchal Cross.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Ya, me too!

But then again, I have been the SD/SS a few times and seen things I wish I hadn't seen!
I'm sure arrangements could be made. We already stray so far from the original work that it wouldn't matter much if there was some strategic tape as part of the pajamas my lodge uses. We never "pierce" as the words portray, because we would get sued, and I was disappointed in that fact after my own initiation.

Hell, "East" in my Lodge is at the South end of the building. If there really are things in the work that are supposed to communicate things which cannot be taught as This site proposes, then my Lodge is missing the whole point of it. We just got our checkered floor and tessalated border last year after being chartered for more than 50 years!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As noted, they aren't really open to interpretation. If a lodge admits women, it has strayed from the Landmarks and cannot be classified as "Masonic". I'm not saying such systems are bad or wrong, just not Masonic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join