It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masons ring of the 32nd degree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"One must be a Christian to be in the York Rite"

Close , but not quite right . For the sake of correctness , one must be a Christian to become a member of the Commandery . The Capitular and Cryptic degrees are open to men of all faiths , same as the Craft Lodge .
edit on 17-5-2012 by whenandwhere because: Grammar

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

You are very close. One must be a Christian to be in the York Rite, but the Scottish Rite is for all faiths

Just a brief comment: in the York Rite, the Commandery (or Preceptory) requires candidates to be Christians, but the Lodge, Chapter, and Council are open to people of all faiths. In the United States and Canada, the Scottish Rite is open to people of all faiths, but in most other countries, including the UK, the Scottish Rite requires candidates to be Christians.

it does discuss Jesus Christ where the blue lodge doesn't mention a specific deity.

The Blue Lodge constantly mentions a specific Deity: the God of the Hebrew Patriarchs, who was the God of Solomon the King. This is the only God spoken of in the Blue Lodge (as well as in the Chapter, Council, and Commandery, for that matter).

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes. I can only imagine standing on the porch on Saturday morning about 7am and completely pissing off the neighbors. It would be epic.

I'm sure you'd make it onto the news even. Not every day one hears about death by bagpipe insertion....sideways.

I thought I'd read somewhere that listening to bagpipes was considered a form of torture up there with waterboarding?

Fitz

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes.

I would pay to see you run around in a kilt......

Really? You're a twisted man, AM

.....and I would pay more to make sure you kept it on.

I'd have skipped straight to point 2 (especially if the kilt malfunction was threatened somewhere around the dinner hour.

Fitz

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
That isn't a Freemason ring, it's a Scottish Rite ring, and it belonged to a Prince.

The "7" on the ring is actually a Reish. We use the Samaritan script quite a bit, actually.

Where is your evidence to support this?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

This is fairly common knowledge and can be easily verified by using any internet search engine.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes. I can only imagine standing on the porch on Saturday morning about 7am and completely pissing off the neighbors. It would be epic

I can't imagine anyone waking up to bagpipes and getting bent over it. I would think I woke up in heaven.

I love the pipes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I would pay to see you run around in a kilt......

Admit it Augustus, you just want to see Dude lift the kilt like they did in braveheart !

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Admit it Augustus, you just want to see Dude lift the kilt like they did in braveheart !

Only if you promise to buy me a seeing-eye-dog afterwards.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'll even throw in the cain.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey Randy, how ya doin' brother?

It just so happens that I authored a nearly identical thread when I was just a baby ATSer about my father's ring.

Apparently, even among Masons, there is disagreement about the "7," Reish, or Yod on the ring. Mine has the same "7" as yours, but I've received different responses as to which symbol it really is.

BTW, a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason is known as the "Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret," whatever that means. I'm hoping it has no relation to Dan Brown's books.
edit on 5/17/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This is fairly common knowledge and can be easily verified by using any internet search engine.

So even though I do agree it is a Scottish Rite ring, fingers still point to it being a masonic ring, which I do believe it is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What a pleasure to hear from you corp. I have to get the owner over here tonight so she can read up on this thread . I can hardly wait to see her reactions to some of this knowledge. Apparently her Dad told her things she can not reveal. Just the same I want to see the looks she gives me when she reads this. It will hopefully tell me a few things. He he.

Spell check

edit on 17-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Just the same I want to see the looks she gives me when she reads this. It will hopefully tell me a few things. He he.

Good luck with that. Masons are a tight-lipped bunch.

edit on 5/17/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I know I won't take my eyes off of her believe me. Oh and I'm married.

link   

So even though I do agree it is a Scottish Rite ring, fingers still point to it being a masonic ring, which I do believe it is.

The Scottish Rite is part of Masonry but not all Masons are in the Scottish Rite hence the reason we refer to it as a Scottish Rite ring.

edit on 17-5-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

link   

Yes, it is a Scottish Rite Masonic ring. The figure that some are calling a "7" is an imperfect rendition of the Hebrew letter Yod, which is to the Scottish Rite what the letter G is to the Craft Lodge.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes. I can only imagine standing on the porch on Saturday morning about 7am and completely pissing off the neighbors. It would be epic

I can't imagine anyone waking up to bagpipes and getting bent over it. I would think I woke up in heaven.

I love the pipes.

All this talk of bagpipes got me going. Here's the roots of my Appalachian music ala redneck version. A lefty bagpiper to boot....

Enjoy...

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

OMG Destiny that was truely awesome. Thank you so much for that. Anyone else ? Feel free.

God I love this place.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
FYI...TruTV...Looking forward to...

12 Conspiracy Theories About The Masons...

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join