It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masons ring of the 32nd degree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was asked not to divulge any info about this ring except that the owner recently passed on. Never the less I thought it would be a great addition here at ATS. So without further ado, the ring.

All done up in white gold with an obviously exqusite diamond.

Next pic shows the degree vested in an upside down triangle on the doubleheaded eagle or as some may perfer the pheonix.

This side shot shows the number 7 again vested the same way.

Also you may have noticed the sword.

I think it's an absolutely beautiful work that I didn't really capture the full beauty of in these pics.

Thanks for looking.

edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That is pretty cool! Funny I saw a thread on here a while ago in which someone was claiming that the 33rd degree of masonry was non-existent and a fallacy and just made up to poorly portray masons. This proves him wrong.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dear randyvs,

I have read that the character that looks like a seven is actual the hebrew letter for R. Somehow it is tied to the color blue. Perhaps you can ask someone related to the previous owner of the ring.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
That is pretty cool! Funny I saw a thread on here a while ago in which someone was claiming that the 33rd degree of masonry was non-existent and a fallacy and just made up to poorly portray masons. This proves him wrong.

There is no doubt in my mind that the degees of masonry end at 33. Thanks for your interest.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wish the first picture was a bit clearer. It's hard to see any real detail.

Hmm... what's the 7 about?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by randyvs

Dear randyvs,

I have read that the character that looks like a seven is actual the hebrew letter for R. Somehow it is tied to the color blue. Perhaps you can ask someone related to the previous owner of the ring.

I can do that very easily and I will. I will let you know.

I think I should also make clear now that I see some interest.

I am in no way a freemason.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What a beautiful treasure. TY Randy for posting the pics.....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe you can also find out what everything on the ring is supposed to symbolize? It would be wonderful to know

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe you can also find out what everything on the ring is supposed to symbolize? It would be wonderful to know

Yep it would and to tantalize you even more there are somethings she said she would never tell anyone. Because the person ( ok her Father ) asked her not to do so. As in, " You are not to tell anyone " and I know she won't. But I will ask specifics and see what answer I get. Best I can do.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That isn't a Freemason ring, it's a Scottish Rite ring, and it belonged to a Prince.

The "7" on the ring is actually a Reish. We use the Samaritan script quite a bit, actually.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by randyvs

Dear randyvs,

I can do that very easily and I will. I will let you know.

I think I should also make clear now that I see some interest.

I am in no way a freemason.

By your profile pic we can see you aren't a mason, but you certainly look like a hip pharaoh. lol Love the shades!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
That isn't a Freemason ring, it's a Scottish Rite ring, and it belonged to a Prince.

The "7" on the ring is actually a Reish. We use the Samaritan script quite a bit, actually.

You are most probably correct. She also told me he was a member of the Scottish Rite so I will tell her of your correction and thank you in earnest for your knowledge. She never said anything about him being a prince but just the same. Good.one.

Orlando

By your profile pic we can see you aren't a mason, but you certainly look like a hip pharaoh. lol Love the shades!

Ha Ha I'll take the compliment for a thousand.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm no Mason, but I am pretty into symbolism.

The "7" does indeed look like Resh the 20th letter of the Hebrew Alphabet.

The Phoenix's (you can tell by the tufts of feathers on the heads) everyone knows about the phoenix rising from the ashes, double=duality, as in rising from it.

The (Persian) Sword and Bull above the diamond, look up Rites of Serapis or Mithras.

(you just might find something about the 7 while looking on Serapis too)

Downward facing Triangle historically is the sign for water.

My bet is the 33rd has an upwards triangle??

That's about all I got.

Thanks for posting the pics..

Edit: just for kicks... 33

3x3=9 (man) +1=10 (think Pythogoras)
33 vertebrae in the spine...
And maybe 10 ciphers, 22 letters, a triangle,a circle and a square.

edit on 17-5-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I bet she would be amazed at some of this knowledge so I will have to let her read this thread.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not sure why you refer to them as a phoenix as it is only a double-headed eagle.

Also, that is not a "7", that is the Hebrew "yod" which is associated with the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite.

reply to post by randyvs

And what about the York Rite?

edit on 17-5-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
My pops has a ring just like that but with a blue sapphire thingy in it. Goes pretty spiffy with a cape n sword.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Awesome ring! Unless I'm being led astray, Scottish Rite and York Rite are basically the jewish and christian paths after the blue lodge. I'm also led to believe the 33rd degree is an honorary title - possibly involving the shriners and that the 32nd degree is actually the highest a Freemason can attain. I know the first 3 degrees are the "blue lodge" and after attaining the 3rd, you are a Master Mason - as much of a mason as any other. The Scottish Rite, York Rite, and Shrine are all optional continuances of blue lodge as best I can understand. I know at some point in (I THINK york rite) you are knighted, and mail addressed to you will say Sir Knight before your name.

Also - anyone able to confirm if scottish rite teaches you to play the bagpipes? Can't remember where I heard it, but I can't say it's a credible source. Anyone who's willing to tell me secrets is breaking a promise to SOMEBODY lol.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthExposed
Awesome ring! Unless I'm being led astray, Scottish Rite and York Rite are basically the jewish and christian paths after the blue lodge. I'm also led to believe the 33rd degree is an honorary title - possibly involving the shriners and that the 32nd degree is actually the highest a Freemason can attain. I know the first 3 degrees are the "blue lodge" and after attaining the 3rd, you are a Master Mason - as much of a mason as any other. The Scottish Rite, York Rite, and Shrine are all optional continuances of blue lodge as best I can understand. I know at some point in (I THINK york rite) you are knighted, and mail addressed to you will say Sir Knight before your name.

Also - anyone able to confirm if scottish rite teaches you to play the bagpipes? Can't remember where I heard it, but I can't say it's a credible source. Anyone who's willing to tell me secrets is breaking a promise to SOMEBODY lol.

Moreso than you know... the continuance actually reaches such heights as the 99th.
They are divied up into sets/sects of 33.
The first thrity three are known as "ASSOCIATES DEGREES" (a.k.a. Instruction) They instruct on communion within the community as far as the nobility of knights is concerned. EXAMPLE: 13th Degree: Finite Lesson Is "STAND YOUR GROUND!"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthExposed

You are very close. One must be a Christian to be in the York Rite, but the Scottish Rite is for all faiths, yet it does discuss Jesus Christ where the blue lodge doesn't mention a specific deity. The upper tiers of both rites have illustrious titles and fancy hats.

Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes. I can only imagine standing on the porch on Saturday morning about 7am and completely pissing off the neighbors. It would be epic.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Being a member of the Scottish Rite, I can only say that I wish we learned to play bagpipes.

I would pay to see you run around in a kilt......

.....and I would pay more to make sure you kept it on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join