It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas stance on Isreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have been doing some digging, and I can find no reason we are still acting like Isreals big brother at the playground on lunch time. A prominant Isreali leader even said that Isreal runs America and America knows it. Why must we keep putting our nose in there door over and over when each time it gets slammed. We provide Isreal with money, weapons, and other types of aid. However, Isreal has a fairly stable economy, they have already developed a democratic government, and have one of the largest militaries in the middle east. So why do we have to support them when they offer nothing in return except disrespect. Now I know some people are going to say that we need Isreal as a foot hold in the midle east. Fine. To that I say let them be to make thier own mistakes, and if they need help getting out of a mess, let them go to the UN and ask for help. The UN is just going to ask us to intervene anyway. If we keep babying these countries, they will never be able to survive on there own. They will (and some have) grow depenant on US generosity and begin to expect it all the time. I say cut them loose and let them mature as a country on there own.

*edited for typing with club hands)

[edit on 9/30/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I have been doing some digging, and I can find no reason we are still acting like Isreals big brother at the playground on lunch time. A prominant Isreali leader even said that Isreal runs America and America knows it. Why must we keep putting our nose in there door over and over when each time it gets slammed. We provide Isreal with money, weapons, and other types of aid. However, Isreal has a fairly stable economy, they have already developed a democratic government, and have one of the largest militaries in the middle east. So why do we have to support them when they offer nothing in return except disrespect. Now I know some people are going to say that we need Isreal as a foot hold in the midle east. Fine. To that I say let them be to make thier own mistakes, and if they need help getting out of a mess, let them go to the UN and ask for help. The UN is just going to ask us to intervene anyway. If we keep babying these countries, they will never be able to survive on there own. They will (and some have) grow depenant on US generosity and begin to expect it all the time. I say cut them loose and let them mature as a country on there own.

*edited for typing with club hands)

[edit on 9/30/04 by Kidfinger]

It could have something to do with the 8 million Jews in America.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimi Hendrix

There are many ethnicities in America, we are after all a melting pot. Are you saying that these people are running the US and trying to further the goals of Isreal? If thats the case, something should be done.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The thing is that America's Jews don't really support Israel much more than the average American. The funding goes back to the peace accord with Egypt. They get along, and the America's defence contractors get more business.

Also, Israel has been known to help take care of the US's dirty business. Basically, in exchange for military aid, and support for the UN, Israel supports various US covert activities. Israel has a very professional spy agency, and they are willing to do dirty stuff for the US, becuase they badly need US support to survive against their numerous enemies.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by Jimi Hendrix

There are many ethnicities in America, we are after all a melting pot. Are you saying that these people are running the US and trying to further the goals of Isreal? If thats the case, something should be done.

I am not saying that they are running the U.S government. I meant to imply that eight million votes is enough to capture the attention of politicians. Just a theory that answers the question, nothing more.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Jimi Hendrix]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
AHHHH said the elightened one.
I didnt think of that perspective. Thanks for the angle. It just sucks that our political system goes for the votes instead of the logical reasoning. USA could eliminate a lot of unreturned cash flow if we would quit giving them handouts, especially since they dont need it.

new topics

top topics

join