It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me your UFO story.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
First off. Excellent Thread idea OP!

Ok I have two UFO stories i'd like to share. One from the Yucatan of Mexico the other from Sedona Arizona.

Mexico Sighting

In the late 80's I was on a family trip to see all the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan region of Mexico and Guatemala. We were just rapping up or visit to the Ruins at Pelenque and had just got in atthe road side motel we were staying at.

Let me describe the settings a little more. The roads in the Yucatan are straight as an arrow and go for hundreds of miles between cities. Dotted along the way are small villages (like less than 100 people) Usually these villages exist at the pull offs for these ruins and their only real function is to support the motel/hotel set up for tourists who are visiting these ruins. the hotels although small are actually very nice. Spanish tile, thatched roofs, sorta a swimming pool. (Which doubled as a watering hole for the animals of the jungle.

My family was staying in two separate rooms. my parents in one. my sister and i in the other. we were on the second floor (the building was only two stories tall) My rooms view was simply that of the canopy of jungle spreading out in every direction for hundreds of miles.

To the sighting. So that evening we all went to bed as we had to get on the road in the morning and head out to the next sight. I woke up for no reason from a sound sleep. My sister was still out like a log. It was about 2 or 3 in the morning. All the lights were off but the window had no shades and you could see the jade green of the jungle canopy spreading out in the moonlight like a lush carpet. Suddenly without warning a orange ball (the color of sodium street lamps) about 15-20 feet in diameter cruises silently at no more than a hundred miles an hour about 20 feet above the tree line in a steady straight path about a quarter mile from my hotel. This ball was solid looking and glowed brightly. It lit up everything around it like daylight. You could see birds, in detail, fluttering out of the trees startled. The object went simply from left to right of the window view until it was out of sight.

There are no airplanes or airports that I can remember in the area. The object really, really didn't not look like a plane. The roads there all have metal poles every hundred feet or so to stop planes from landing and using them to smuggle contraband. The object was dead quite. The whole experience was peaceful and only lasted a few seconds.

Second Sighting: Sedona, Arizona.

I was again with my family on a road trip through the southwest to see the indian cultures there. We were staying overnight in sedona so my mom could interview a hopi chief who was living there at the time (he's deceased now) We were staying up by the sedona airport which is located on a mesa over looking the city. This was in the early 90s'

It was a perfectly clear night, all the stars and milkyway were visible. However my sister and I were drawn to the hotel room's patio outside to watch a lightening storm. The storm was amazing and apparently common over there. There were no clouds in the sky but on the horizon their were thunderheads passing south of the city. Huge miles long bolts of lightening arced across the sky making for one hell of a show.

The sighting. In the middle of the sky, directly overhead. Very, Very high up a constellation of either 5 or 7 (can't remember which) faint blue orbs moved slowly across the sky. then suddenly they winked out and pop up a microsecond later elsewhere in the sky in the same formation. Like they did a mini hyperjump or something. My sister and I just looked at each other wide eyed. She finally said a second or so later after we had locked eyes. "Did you see that!" I nodded yes. we both freaked a little and darted back inside locking the patio door.

A few years later living in LA i was looking up into the night sky and say what I thought at first was a satellite crossing the sky coming from the pacific ocean heading in the rough direction inland (east) towards the general direction of Edwards AFB. What told me that this was not a satellite was the fact that it was moving from horizon to horizon a bit too fast. Also about halfway through it jumped clear across the sky and kept it's original course like it was nothing. The entire time the light was a faint bluish white and did not fluctuate in brightness or color. just solid. Near the eastern horizon the light started to slalom a little. at the apex of each slalom it appeared to cast of small (2 or 3 at a time) fainter blue orbs. it did this slalom thing a few times and then disappeared over the horizon.

The next week at the exact same time (wednesday 9PMish winter time) It did the exact same thing. A half hour earlier I saw it going from inland to over the ocean. It seemed to do this for a few weeks in a row. The last time I saw it it was coming inland going east again.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
continued.

THis time it did it's normal jump to the center of the sky directly overhead. it made a very bright blue streak about an inch long if you held your hand out at arms length going in a perpendicular direction to it's original flight path. as if it changed directions 90 degrees in a blink of the eye going from west to east to north south.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know Calengineer,

I've also seen a object low and right over a los angeles freeway in rush hour traffic. I was in the area of LA called "the valley" stuck in evening traffic on the highway (5/170 interchange heading south/east) I glanced up and in the night sky. Blacker than they sky it's self flying low (about 1000feet) was a black triangle. It cruised slowly overhead in a north east direction. I thought "That is weird how come nobody else is seeing this or reacting. then I figured Hey I too am being pretty calm about this and nobody in a neighboring car would have noticed my reaction either.

I am still perplexed to explain this sighting or why nobody else saw it too. this occurred about 4 years ago.
edit on 17-5-2012 by BASSPLYR because: to correct altitude of craft from 100 to 1000 feet.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thank you all for posting, and the nice words. If you like the thread do hit the flag button at the top of the first page.

I had not heard of square or cube UFOs before but we've already had a couple reported.

I love getting first hand accounts rather than the slanted reports you get on the UFO shows on tv.

Seems to me there is much more going on than even those shows tell.

Thank you, and keep them coming! Good stuff here.

~piano

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just flagged there for you buddy. Hope the thread takes off.

uh. . . second line?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My story has to do with the dream world, I had a dream and my girlfriend said it was her reality, I questioned her about the event she revealed to me after I had it in my dream, and I concluded from 3 times of deeply discussing the story with her that she was not lying. Then she started having dreams of my reality. And finally a book was written about the subject, I didn't think much of it until I saw that book and it kind of made me a believer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Wrong thread buddy!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia
reply to post by greyer

Wrong thread buddy!

Just because I didn't say it had to do with a UFO doesn't mean I am in the wrong thread 'buddy.'

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

It was the early 80's and me and some friends would sneak out at night and basically run around the neighborhood and just hang out. One night "George" and I were playing evil car which bas really just a way of not getting caught. If the headlight touched you that was it......you were dead. I remember it being summer but not sure what month. I remember the time because my mother would watch the news at 10 then go to bed. I would sneak out about 1100 and then we would all meet up. This night it was just George and I. We did the usual.....evil car......dip in the neighbors pool.......and then we were in my back yard and there was a flash of light. Brighter than day....... so we both hit the deck. Ala evil car. My face in the wet grass and the smell of the earth is still. I really don't know how to explain it. I can remember it like it was yesterday. After the light was gone I got up and George was gone. I look around and can't find him. I have no idea where he could have gone so fast but he was gone. To me it felt like I hit the deck and got back up after the light faded. I went over to his house and knocked on his window and he said he had been in bed for awhile. I started hearing the birds and I was just confused. It should just be 0030-0100 but it wasn't. I have no memories of anything other than what I thought was a dream of 3 classic saucer shaped craft flying in formation.....I don't remember any procedures.....I don't remember getting probed ........but I do remember something about my hand having a sliver of metal put into/taken out. I don't know. That happened a long time ago and nothing since.

edit on 19-5-2012 by CplAwesome because: Did not want them there.......in that spot.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cool stories!

I saw a triangle shaped craft in '06 during October or November and it was late at night. It was around 1 am and my friend and I were driving back to his house out in rural PA. I had my car and he was driving directly in front of me with no one else on the road. We had just come out of the town and as we drove down the hill we saw a giant triangle ship just hovering above the field right next to the road. As soon as I saw this thing, I pulled my phone out to call my buddy but he already was calling me to say HEY DO YOU SEE THIS THING! It was probably slightly more than an eighth mile above the field. It was absolutely silent and absolutely still just hovering there. I can't remember if the lights were on as we overtook this thing or if they turned on as we came by, but there was one bright white light in each corner of the triangle and a verrry slowly pulsating red light smack dab in the middle. As the red light would light up, you could see the belly of the ship very clearly and it was a blackish greyish kinda color when illuminated by that red light. It also looked to be recessed, the red light, and surrounded by some ring that I would assume to be structural. I could also see the shape and physical body of the craft easily without that red light, but the light gave a detail to it. Well, as we over took this thing traveling at aprox 20 mph, it started moving and began to track us. It stayed right with us for about maybe a half mile and at that point in started to move faster than us. It also ever so slowly rose in altitude, but would say not above a quarter mile in height. It appeared to be only going one or two mph faster than we were, but it was still right there and following our exact path. I started to get really freaked out and ripped my ebrake and swung into a parking lot on the left side of the road. As soon as I did that and went to look for the triangle, it was already halfway towards the horizon in a direction a hundred and twenty degrees from our initial path before I flew off the road. (I kissed my beloved Suby for protecting me! lol) So I have confirmation I wasn't hallucinating as my buddy saw it at the exact same time I did and was just as freaked out. I couldn't say if it was an alien ship or came from earth, but it was for sure anything but ordinary. I'm not talking lights in the sky here either, I'm talking about a physical ship I could clearly see an eighth of a mile over the field and a quarter of a mile off the ground by the time we last saw it. I wish I would have stayed the course so if I ever see one again I'm walking right up to it! lol I pray it wasn't a once in a lifetime thing! My mom also saw the same thing I did back in the late 80's and I always believed her when she told me. I just find it amazing I saw the same thing and it was within 5 miles of where I saw mine. Triangles are 100% real I just don't know who makes them!

Map:

Field (Approx of craft when I first saw it):

P.S. Sorry about the poor photo editing skills and forgot to add the corners were not blunt they were rounded. The drawing of the ship should be a little bit bigger, but I think you get the point. Oh yea, it was also an equilateral triangle.
edit on 19-5-2012 by KillThePoor because: Added images

edit on 19-5-2012 by KillThePoor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Tell me your UFO Story...what part do you not understand?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia
reply to post by greyer

Tell me your UFO Story...what part do you not understand?

The dreams had to do with UFOs and being psychic. The first dream was a deep shock, it detailed a UFO flying over my city at night time and finding my house. They brought my girlfriend to me, we held hands and it felt like a strong euphoria. Having telling her, she opened up about her UFO stories.
edit on 20-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In 2008 midsummer june/july at 4:30 pm i saw a "UFO" Flying Saucer thing. it looked like a Corrugated Lampshade with a yellow cone on top. i found out 6 months later that the craft had appeared over the head office of Raytheon in Canada (wich is here in calgary) that is also beside General Dynamics Canada. (look it up its in an industrial park near the airport)

3 days after the incident i got a visit from the MIB Helicopter at approx 10:30 pm, it was an Apatche (made by Bowing, incidentally a partner of Raytheon.) it was jet black and had tinted windows, a strobe light on front and some kind of sound damper on the blades that allowed it to fly illegally low over the city homes while it made a B line straight from the private hangars of the airport to my backyard. it flew close enough to me that i could throw a stome at it and hit it (of course i dident do that lol) and then it made a 180 degree turn and flew straight back to where it came from.

i have more to the story, and would talk to anyone who is curious, but if all your going to say is where is the proof then take a hike because you obviously dont want to see what i have, because the truth is much stranger then fiction and this is only part of my story.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was walking down Crystal Beach with someone when all of a sudden a big square blue lasar beam went across the sky and hit something that was invisible. The beam looked like water hitting a ball. What the beam hit was a force field inside that force field was a UFO... the force field was spherical and shimmered when it was hit. Then it just disappeared.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We were all outside one night staring at the sky looking for shooting stars and spotting satellites flying by.

I watched one satellite going overhead when it snapped a 90* angle turn and continued on with its high speed and didn't even slow down. I looked over and asked did you see that? Yep, 3 of us saw it.

Twice we have seen at night a large 1 mile by 1 mile super black cloud with lightning shooting out of it every second. It slowly passed over our area out at sea.....it was impossible for a cloud to have that much energy and many of us who saw it speculate there was some sort of craft in it. It did not look natural in any way shape or form, had too much energy and was blacker than any cloud we've ever seen.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Boy, that's really weird because I saw something similar to what you described. I was outside waiting for my friend to pick me up and was looking up at the stars and saw a satellite go by. I then watched another come above the trees and it got a quarter of the way through the sky and all of a sudden it stopped. It just sat there after moving so perfectly straight and smooth like satellites do. It just sat there stopped for about 4 or 5 minutes and after that it immediately started off how it began. It lazily, at the same speed as before it stopped, crossed the sky in the same straight line. I have no idea what it could be. Your story is even more strange. This I felt was ours just because, aside from stopping instantaneously, it didn't travel very fast and looked just like a satellite crossing the sky with a nice warm orange-yellow tinge I assume is from the reflection of the sun. Strange stuff.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I wasn't going to post it here considering I've already posted it before, However i noticed you had a triangle UFO as your main pic so i decided why not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My story is also of a triangle craft, I agreed to leave it at man made because i have no pictures or any real evidence to show for my story. i just wanted to get it down in a thread because its my story =D.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Star and flag.

I saw a UFO in 2007 and reported it to MUFON. It was during the afternoon in a cloudless sky, but I could barely see it due to distance and size. It looked like a shiny upside-down bucket moving at a slow constant speed at an angle across the sky (like a helicopter). The sighting lasted about 5 minutes. I hurriedly dug-out my camera, so I could look through the zoom lens. But the UFO was no longer there. I had the eerie feeling that the UFO could see me and decided to disappear when it saw me with a camera. It may have been coincidence, but I watched it for several minutes, leaving the window and coming back at least once, then in the 10 seconds it took for me to pull the camera out of my bag - nothing - just a blank sky.

Since that time I've become suspicious that this was a hallucination. (I wasn't under the influence of anything, but I've experienced other things much stranger. I was extremely depressed and spent hours reading about UFOs on the internet in the months before this happened. I've always enjoyed reading about UFOs but at that time, reading about UFOs was the only way to escape from depression. I think the combination of depression and the UFO obsession created a hallucination.)
edit on 21-5-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Pervius,

The satellite you saw was very similar to what I had seen and wrote about in my post. The snap to a 90 degree turn is what was so startling about the incident for me.

The blue/white light was small and very high up. It was about a third through the sky when it instantly teleported to dead center of the sky and with a short bright, bright blue streak snapped 90 degrees and went the other way at tremendous speed.

Glad that you and the other poster saw something very similar. I personally believe that they are ours being flight tested. I say mine on several nights going from inland to over the ocean, and coming back later the same night. Saw this three weeks in a row on wednesday. It would be going outbound (towards the pacific) around 8ish and inbound towards Edwards AFB around 10ish.

I wonder who else has seen something like what we've seen, because I really believe these types of sightings are our own craft. Maybe heading out to spy on the china or NK.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In the summer of 2009, me and a friend were just having a chat in the back garden, he spots a star moving and i begin to explain that it's just a satellite (he is not the brightest of lads lol) anyway as I'm watching it the object begins to move very erratically moving in zig zags all over the place at very high speeds. After about two minutes it stopped dead in it's tracks and appeared to be descending, again it stopped dead for about 10 seconds then began to move to the north west while getting brighter and brighter and then ultimately disappearing into thin air. To this day I have no idea what that was and never seen anything like that at night since. Another one was actually the Friday that just past. Me and two work mates were in the van driving toward London, I spot an aeroplane in the distance just following it with my eyes as there isn't to much to look at in the van, anyway I notice something glimmering around half a mile behind it. If i was to describe the shape I would say a cylinder fully metallic glimmering in the sun. As the object is following it exact same speed it all of a sudden disappears into nothing and out of no where. The time was around 9.30am and there was a lot of traffic around and the other lads in the van also saw this. Anyway those are the only sightings I have witnessed, I have no idea what they were but there you go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join