It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on the Canadian ban on wearing a mask......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It apears that the City of Montreal will jump the gun on masks and will go ahead with its own bylaw.....
this will provide the goverments with a test to see how the COUNTRY WIDE ban on wearing a mask will play out....as the private members bill is past first reading with little or no opposition from anyone in the house of commons.
The penalty for the federal law os two fold....
wearing a mask.....at a riot 10 yrs hard labour
Wearing a mask at a demonstration .....5 yrs hard labour.
In montreal if the demos are not applied for and the agendas approved by the city they cannot be legal and thus are open to police brutality and arrests...merely for the act of attending a demo.
The revolution better hurry the hell up because they are sawing off our freedoms faster than we can defend them now......
This Goverment is worse than its US counterpart.....Canadians are in deep # with these guys driving the boat.....
I think its time for a revolution or WW3 ....class war......

edit on 16-5-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

montreal.ctv.ca...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

edit on 16-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Way over dramatic. This issue is being exploited by the anti gov. crowd big time.
No mask = less chance of causing chaos. Simple.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Yep and the cops who are the agents provocateurs will be exposed for the shills they are too.....
The punishment hardly fits the crime, ten years in jail for protecting your nose from the gas shells burting around you...no more gas masks at the demo, easy meat for police weaponry.....
The simple fact is it is already an offense to wear a mask in the comminssion of a crime in Canada.
Why not enforce this with demonstrators who do illegal acts?
The rest of them should be able to at least protect their skin and faces from the oh so liberal use of tear gas and other chemicals like the stronger CS gas....
Imagine you are caught in a riot or trying to get through one somehow to get to safetly or home or whatever....
Now you are liable if you so much as cover your nose with a hankie to avoid being too sickened by the gas shells....
So the guy breaking the furniture and the guy walking peacefully home are equally criminal under the law....
A clown is then illegal;....street corner theatre the same...this mask law gives the cops lots of leeway to play ...
If it passes the house of commons i think ill start wearing one all the time....after consulting a barrister of course....it pays to have one on tap..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Canadians deserve what they get! The Honourable Stephen Harper did not mince words for his contempt for Canadian civilization. He is determined to dismember all the things that make Canada great. Canadians had the opportunity to elect one of Canada's greatest sons, Micheal Ignatieff, the man who wrote the book on human rights. As a brain washed nation, Canadians believed the excellent propaganda by the conservative spin machine. Hold on to your socks and get ready for 4 more years of conservative raping. When you think its all over, the Canadian Communist party, The NDP are going to get elected to clean up The Harper Government's mess only to make things worse. It should be a wild ride in Canada for the next foreseeable future.
brice

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So if this is going to be a law , it should cover all religions in Canada , meaning muslims cant cover their face in public too ? ........... anyone else feel like they`re hitting the hive with a stick ?

Time to stop looking at the shiny and see what the other hand is up to.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Its time to cut off a few hands that are stuck into the cookie jar far too deeply.
The whole thing hinges on the fact that the priviledged class are shivvying their kids into positions of responsibility that they have not even begun to earn....this has gone on over the generations till we have a whole race of drones, and they are running the world...They do this for their own benefit, and tell us they are sacrificing so much for us....Their kids get the university slots and the goverment sinecures...they abound in middle and upper management.....useless feeders who have nothing going for themselves but their lineages their parents their m-o-n-e-y!
These are the goofs who run the people into the ground for their profits. and their early retirement.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
don't be a coward and wear a mask then..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
don't be a coward and wear a mask then..

You talkin to me?
You TALKING to ME?
YOU talkin to ME?
Pity you werent with me in the San francisco police riot.....that was back in 67 i believe....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So the police (obviously in full riot gear "just in case there's any violence..) will now be wearing uniforms that clearly show their name and number?
Didn't think so.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Way over dramatic. This issue is being exploited by the anti gov. crowd big time.

You mean easier to identify.

Dang and I was hoping to head north when the stuff hits the fan. I guess death is the only true path to freedom now.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So it's illegal to be Anonymous? Now that's what I call freedom!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The answer is simple I think everyone ... and I mean everyone should wear a mask and we all should protest at a predertmined date and we can see how they intend to police this new law. There are no prisons capable of holding us all united.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Heres a joke for you, the mayor of montreal, the city thats about to ban masks...has just had nine members of his inner group busted on fraud charges.......they were scamming a 300 million dollar govt contract!
And they werent wearing masks either!
my link dont work, but its true non the less...i read it on the canadian free press....
edit on 17-5-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Heres a joke for you, the mayor of montreal, the city thats about to ban masks...has just had nine members of his inner group busted on fraud charges.......they were scamming a 300 million dollar govt contract!
my link dont work, but its true non the less...i read it on the canadian free press....

Could you find a link as I did a search of Canadian Free Press and found nothing.
brice

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It apears that the City of Montreal will jump the gun on masks and will go ahead with its own bylaw.....
this will provide the goverments with a test to see how the COUNTRY WIDE ban on wearing a mask will play out....as the private members bill is past first reading with little or no opposition from anyone in the house of commons.
The penalty for the federal law os two fold....
wearing a mask.....at a riot 10 yrs hard labour
Wearing a mask at a demonstration .....5 yrs hard labour.
In montreal if the demos are not applied for and the agendas approved by the city they cannot be legal and thus are open to police brutality and arrests...merely for the act of attending a demo.
The revolution better hurry the hell up because they are sawing off our freedoms faster than we can defend them now......
This Goverment is worse than its US counterpart.....Canadians are in deep # with these guys driving the boat.....
I think its time for a revolution or WW3 ....class war......

montreal.ctv.ca...

EVERYONE around the world needs to stand up and revolt together. No one country gets far on their own but together, we can over throw those fat cats

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by Jefferton

You mean easier to identify.

Dang and I was hoping to head north when the stuff hits the fan. I guess death is the only true path to freedom now.

no where is safe, NWO will cover the globe. everyone around the world must stand up as one and revolt. It's the only way we can win this battle. Global Unity or Slavery, you pick

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Could you find a link as I did a search of Canadian Free Press and found nothing.
brice

Come on stirling you started this op how about an answer?

new topics

top topics

join