It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Greek exit from the euro would be "somewhere between catastrophe and armageddon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Although the news article heading is about the Greek elections, Charles Dallara, head of the International institute of finance was interviewed in Dublin a couple of hours ago and he gives some frightening answers!
www.rte.ie...
GULP!!!
Personaly, I hope they pullout so the whole house of cards falls across europe and we can start on a clean slate. You can Only flog a dead horse for so long!! Enought of this slavery, ehem!, austerity! I would rather starve to death with dignity then be a slave living on crumbs for the rest of my life!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The thing is, Greece has been running on funny money for a long time. Their welfare state gives incredible benefits. A woman may not marry because she can continue to collect the pension of her mother after she dies. You can retire in your fifties. In short, the Greek path is unsustainable, just as it is for the rest of Europe, and America. Frankly, joining the Euro was the worst thing Greece could have done. All it did was raise prices. I was there before the Euro, and after. Nobody there was happy after. If Greece left the Euro, it would be the best thing for everyone. Greece is dragging the Euro down, and Greece itself would be better off to be rid of it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
An earlier thread about Greek exiting the Euro is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

join