It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

President Obama's budget suffered a second embarrassing defeat Wednesday, when senators voted 99-0 to reject it. Coupled with the House's rejection in March, 414-0, that means Mr. Obama's budget has failed to win a single vote in support this year. Republicans forced the vote by offering the president's plan on the Senate floor. Democrats disputed that it was actually the president's plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn't actually match Mr. Obama's budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president's numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan. Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, even challenged Democrats to point out any errors in the numbers and he would correct them — a challenge no Democrats took up.

www.washingtontimes.com...

The biggest mystery to me is this:

Why didn't Obama get any support from the Democratic party? Usually, in this sort of thing, this is highly political and drawn along party lines.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We're all being set up for Obama NOT getting the Democratic nomination. The N. Carolina convention revolt, Hillary in the news, this, the healthcare bill defeat next month. We're all being played.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Because now they have someone to blame... I'm sure Obamas budget plan sucked but this still proves a flawed bipartisan country... The majority of people in their don't wanna get anything done, they'd in a way be putting themselves out of work haha

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Whoops, I'm sorry, I didn't see the other thread on this topic. Would the moderators close this thread please?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Obama isn't very popular right now, no one wants to sign onto any of his zany budgets, and get hammered for it when election time comes. However, by him making crazy budgets and congress turning it down, he can continue to spend, spend, spend due to continuing resolutions . Every time they shoot down a budget, the deficit still grows. He knows good and well in order to pass a budget, he will have to cut some of his pet projects, and step on the toes of his voting base. So he still wins, and can tell the American people that he did try and pass several budgets, but that evil congress would not let him.

At least that's what I think.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How can there be such a thing as a budget when the entire economy and the nation as a whole is BROKE! this is all just a bunch of bull$4!T there is no such thing as a budget if you let the private corporations (banks) rape and pillage your country. What a joke!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

The biggest mystery to me is this:

Why didn't Obama get any support from the Democratic party? Usually, in this sort of thing, this is highly political and drawn along party lines.

Why because this is the month they are going to pulled the rug out.Can't make a secondline because it is self explanatary.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Hard to vote for it when you originally complain about it. This is how worthless Obama is, his own party knows he is clueless and a lame duck.

top topics

join