It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow in mid May as forecasters warn of possible summer washout in the UK - GREAT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First of its the middle of spring here in the UK and we have had the worst rain on record, lots of hail, cold weather funny enough it was really hot today and now snow WTF is going on I know UK weather is bad but come on!!!!!

Read Story Here

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The reason is this:

poleshift.ning.com...

I bet you never would have guessed I would have posted that with the screename I have!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You sure it's not because of Nibiru?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And of course, the stupidest thing about all this lousy weather, is that we have hosepipe bans in force, because some bright spark decided we are in a drought!
Mind you, I once saw a snowfall here in London in early June, so nothing would surprise me any more.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Could be...... So many different theories I am sure we will find out soon enough

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

And of course, the stupidest thing about all this lousy weather, is that we have hosepipe bans in force, because some bright spark decided we are in a drought!
Mind you, I once saw a snowfall here in London in early June, so nothing would surprise me any more.

Happy to see someone from the UK awake also at this time

How the hell can we be in a drought when we have had the wettest April and May on record? Unless they are storing the water in underground bunkers?

Snowfall in June really when?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i can remember snow in june in the highlands of scotland .but if you dont like the weather wait 20 minutes here .i can remember old folk telling me that we have it easy as it was a lot harder when they were young . in my life here i have seen minus 55 with windchill 12 foot snowdrifts in places .but i dont ever remember in 5 decades hearing of tornadoes in england .i have worked over the all the uk and have heard mountaineers say the cairngorm mountains are harder than everest .

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

Welcome to the unpredictability that is UK weather.

At this rate I'll be wearing wellies in the summer, and t-shirt & flip flops in the winter...

edit on 16-5-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

If the end is night can we at least have some warm weather lol!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The summer after the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption was COLD in the US northeast. Very bad if your trying to feed billions. Cold means dry too.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I saw a fireball in the sky earlier here in the UK too what next!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Many people scoffed when I wrote the following thread earlier in May

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder how many are scoffing at it now

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds

How the hell can we be in a drought when we have had the wettest April and May on record? Unless they are storing the water in underground bunkers?

Well, aquifers are underground storage tanks of a sort. So, yes.

You ARE in a drought. A very prolonged one, actually. Well over a year by some estimates. It takes more than a month of heavy rain storm or snow to replenish aquifers. That takes a very long time. Months and months of heavy rain, maybe even more.

edit on 16-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Maybe they can take a look at the Ancient Romans,, i mean they were able too do it,, but of cource they were much more advanced.

Sad.

Me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Well its raining here this afternoon ^_^

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thought I'd chime in here to try and explain why there is "snow" in May.

First off, if there is ANY snow, it'll be reserved for the higher ground, roughly above 600m. Visit Cairngorm Webcam to view snowfall. If any falls to lower levels i.e. towns, it will be VERY short lived. Snow can fall when the air temp is between 5-10oC because of evaporative cooling. The reason we are still experiencing occasional sporadic bursts of snow is because of the cold polar maritime air that we are under. The warmer air is being held over France and Spain at present. That will change though.

The hail is pretty easy to explain. With very cold upper air (around -30oC at 17,000ft) and the warmer air at ground level, you get steep lapse rates and sheer, this creates Cumulonimbus clouds (thunderclouds), which in turn produce hail and the odd tornado. This is weather we usually get in April (April Showers).

What we are experiencing is "normal" in the grand scheme of things, the only abnormality really is the delay in the shifting of the weather pattern. Trust me when i say this isn't caused by Nibiru, Plant X, 2012 or HARPP.

The wind of late has been predominantly a N or NW'ly, for the warmer weather to hit our shores we ideally need a S, SW, ESE wind.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ah come on guys, I thought the Queen likes it cold? If her majesty wants it chilly...she turns on HAARP and makes it chilly....can't put old people in too much heat ya know they already look like rasins.

Still, odd weather for sure regardless of the reason.....or the season.

i suggest wool socks..thats what I would do

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds
reply to post by tkwasny

I saw a fireball in the sky earlier here in the UK too what next!!!

did it make the news??? there sure have been a number of those lately. WEIRD!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ive seen snow on the south coast, in june 1987. I remember it clearly, as the weather had been lovely for weeks, so my brother offered to drive myself and (almost) two year old son to the coast for the day. He picked us up saturday, the heater in his car had broke, so I took blankets! We sat in a cafe at Hayling lsland on the seafront and watched the snow falling over the sea.

The rest of the summer was warm and sunny I think.

If the bookies would take the bet, Id put a tenner on this summer being better than the last few :-)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
June 1960 - I was six and in Majorca with my parents and I clearly remember them talking about how it was snowing in England.

I would rather it didn't do it again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join