It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK climate fix balloon grounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
this should make lots of people happy

The Stratospheric Particle Injection for Climate Engineering (Spice) project would have pumped water droplets into the atmosphere from a tethered balloon.

The kit could then have been used to disperse tiny dust particles to cool the Earth, as volcanic eruptions do.

The Spice chiefs cite problems with regulations, intellectual property and public engagement.

Core to the decision was a patent application filed by two Cambridge University researchers, Hugh Hunt and Chris Burgoyne, and Isle of Man-based businessman Peter Davidson, that covered much of the project's technology.

....except it is from the BBC...and can you really trust the MSM??

do do do do do do do do.........

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sort of a lead balloon then.
Ba dum dum

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'd cheer at this, except for one thing: There are plenty of ideas for geoengineering that are coming along just fine. Before you know it they'll be spewing out dust and chaff and metallic particles and chemicals, and every damn thing under the sun (so to speak) in an attempt to control the "problem."

And since many of them will be space-based, there's not much anybody can say about it.

I can hardly wait....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well spaced based ones wouldn't be in the atmosphere, and chaff isn't going to do much to geo-engineer anything at all, and this was by far the most advanced experiment I've heard of.....so I'd say anything that does actually happen by way of SRM in the atmosphere is now further away than it used to be!

top topics

join