It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JohnReese

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Earlier today there was an introduction thread by a new member named "JohnReese".

This member had some claims that weren't all that unbelieveable and in comparrison to most introduction threads it was quite acceptable.

This member stated that he had worked for/with the government on a contractual basis and was an ex-member of "elite forces" and had done work in roughly 30 countries...nothing super spectacular or the like. He then ended the thread by saying he looked forward to debating many of us.

again nothing spectacular nothing out of the ordinary and from what I could tell definately not worthy of a:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread Closed for Staff review: followed with a 404

If you go to the search function and type in "JohnReese" you will see a blip of the post I am talking about.

What is bugging me about this are a couple things:

I replied in that thread and mentioned that his name JohnReese immediately made me think of John Rawlings Rees from the infamous "Tavistock"...en.wikipedia.org...

shortly after this reply the thread was closed subsequently 404ed and now I cannot seem to find the member "JohnReese" anywhere in the member database or having ever existed...he wasnt even banned he was removed completely.

I find this rather odd

anyone else remember this thread?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I read that Intro as well. My best guess is this..

I have noticed an overwhelming amount of introductions/new members in the last week or so. I believe there has been a recent attempt of creating many many duplicate accounts. It's likely the IP addresses match or something along those lines. I have noticed at least 5 or 6 intros that have turned into 404s during this time.

However, that's just an educated guess. We would have to ask the moderators.

ETA: I also read your reply and then subsequently looked up the information on Tavistock, so thanks for that BTW.

edit on 5/16/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Thanks for the reply, and I agree that it could very well be a duplicate sock-puppet account that was flagged and removed by mods. This would explain why the member was deleted completely. This is entirely plausable, but I still thought it was kind of odd, so I thought I would post and get some others opinions.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That is strange and very interesting, but be careful making post on behalf of members banned or threads that were removed. I made a thread about a guy who I thought was banned unfairly and ended up being post banned for quite a while and my account facing review. The only reason I'm here today on the forums is because I had discussed with the moderators and we came to agreements and everything.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Thanks for the reply, and I agree that it could very well be a duplicate sock-puppet account that was flagged and removed by mods. This would explain why the member was deleted completely. This is entirely plausable, but I still thought it was kind of odd, so I thought I would post and get some others opinions.

I posted a welcome to that thread...btw, thanks for the link you posted in that thread, very interesting. I think it was probably a duplicate account, full of the vagueness that gets a thread all worked up.

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If he claimed to be someone in particular, that's a normal procedure here. I've seen that in ATS before. Time ago, was a guy who said he was in the Roswell Event. To take ATS members to a trip is not allowed.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes, I scanned it and thought, "Put up or shut up" at the time. he is gone. All his posts are gone. It's as if he never existed. I do wish ATS would be a little more up front with cases like this. There's no good reason to keep it all so mysterious.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
spam removed by Admin
edit on May 16th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Tavistock thread here.

I notice the intro thread this OP is talking about has a picture of a man on the toilet with bunny ears...

Feels like someone is trolling ATS with new accounts.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Tavistock thread here.

I notice the intro thread this OP is talking about has a picture of a man on the toilet with bunny ears...

That was Beezer in the bunny ears...not a troll. Just a confused puppy....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is not this person's first account.

He was banned for hoaxing the membership before and is now banned again.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

But did he have a deal on lingerie...?

Been looking for that everywhere.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Bonch, wouldn't you rather have a girlfriend than just lingerie?

By the way, that john reese name is probably from "person of interest" tv series

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Bonch, wouldn't you rather have a girlfriend than just lingerie?

By the way, that john reese name is probably from "person of interest" tv series

Boncho has a girlfriend for tonight. She will be over very shortly. This is where the lingerie could come in handy.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I just signed you up on the Victoria's Secrets website for a free catalogue....watch your mail box...

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yeah i figured, just couldn't resist the insinuation jab attempt

edit on 16-5-2012 by alienreality because: spl

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Tavistock thread here.

Sorry.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What a way to start a day!

I'm LOL'ing out loud!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>