Fukushima Radiations Spreading Accross the Globe ; Americans are Breathing Radioactive Air

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The media attitude towards this has me perplexed also, they either completely act like nothing is amiss or on the occasions it is discussed it's either doom mongering or is a little bit of the truth making an appearance?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionsEverything
reply to post by randyvs

Never foresaketh thy beer for it shall never foresaketh you,
plus it tastes better than the clay you can consume to draw the isotopes out of your system.

Wouldn't it be great if beer was the answer. My lord I never leave the brewry.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
If this was BS, i would be very shocked,.
read up on the reports by the Nuclear Physicists about the status of Number 4 cooling pool
and how it will be a catastrophic outcome if they get a quake that drains the cooling water
in the pool.
After you read those,.. tell me it is BS

Read this and tell me if it is BS.

There are a number of players out there trying to demonize nuclear energy with Fukushima, they have invested millions in making it seem worse than it is.

I'm open to hearing the very real effects of the meltdown, as there will be over the next century, but I would like my information without the exaggeration.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I like this, we're thinking outside the box now, perhaps on the way to an extraordinary breakthrough. I wonder what superpower would be bestowed upon someone who drank a radioactive pint of lager?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
If this was BS, i would be very shocked,.
read up on the reports by the Nuclear Physicists about the status of Number 4 cooling pool
and how it will be a catastrophic outcome if they get a quake that drains the cooling water
in the pool.
After you read those,.. tell me it is BS

Read this and tell me if it is BS.

There are a number of players out there trying to demonize nuclear energy with Fukushima, they have invested millions in making it seem worse than it is.

I'm open to hearing the very real effects of the meltdown, as there will be over the next century, but I would like my information without the exaggeration.

Hey B.

Here's some info that will get you thinking........

The U.S. hasn't broken ground on a new nuclear plant since the Three Mile Island disaster of 1979 in Pennsylvania, but it has plants in seismically active areas. In a letter to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission on Tuesday, Edward Markey and Lois Capps, two Democratic members of Congress, said there were eight nuclear reactors on the West Coast and 27 near the New Madrid fault line in the Midwest. The lawmakers wrote that they were concerned the plants "are not designed with sufficient levels of resiliency against the sort of earthquakes scientists predict they could experience."

"What happened in Japan could just as easily happen here," said Sam Blakeslee, a California state senator and geophysicist who has argued that his state's two nuclear plants are more vulnerable to quakes than their operators claim.

Reactors on Fault Lines Getting Fresh Scrutiny

May not need a Tsunami,to radiate the US if an Earthquake similar to Fukushima happens.........

This worries me.................

edit on 16-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Live everyday as it were your last. We do not know when someone will drive out infront of us or our flight has problems and crashes.

It's a damm shame that humanity is blowing the planet up with its greed and need for excess...

Would you want to survive in a fall out zone planet. I used to hope my children had a long happy life on this planet but lately I just hope there is a planet left for them to live on.

Have you noticed how angry people seem lately? How detached people are when you encounter them. I know, I know, There could be lots of explainations for it but how many more people have you noticed that have said how strange things are lately?

So as not to troll off topic...
yes Fukishima sucks... TPTB are lying about what is reall going on and we are all going to die... someday! I think that sums it up!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you for the alternative view Sonny.

There was mention in the article which you ex tagged that no nuke plants have broken ground in the past 30 years. But the US is the largest producer of nuke energy, and future projects are planned:

Following a 30-year period in which few new reactors were built, it is expected that 4-6 new units may come on line by 2020, the first of those resulting from 16 licence applications made since mid-2007 to build 24 new nuclear reactors. However, lower gas prices since 2009 have put the economic viability of some of these projects in doubt.

Link

To be honest, I would like to see fission nuclear be phased out, but until a realistic discovery comes from fusion, it's not likely. We will have to wait for the many planned projects to be completed a decade from now to see if they work how they are supposed to.

Imagine the power of the Sun without all the mess that fission gives us.

Talk about fusion waste here.

-------

Now, as I had created a thread earlier today it skirted the issue of so called Big Oil, and their past attempts at manipulating the public by funding "environmental" organizations....

And then I see from the article I quoted in this post:

While there are plans for a number of new reactors (see section on Preparing for new build below), the prospect of low natural gas prices continuing for several years has dampened these plans and probably no more than four new units will come on line by 2020.

Fukushima survived the quake but got battered by the Tsunami.

Are the plants in the US ready to hold up to quakes? They were designed that way. Should there be concern? Absolutely. Should they be retrofitted should any red flags come up? Yes.

---

But then back to the comment about natural gas and the low cost challenging the feasibility of nuclear energy. Hmm. Where is all the cheap natural gas coming from?

Canada exports (I believe) 70% of its natural gas to the US.

And the US is now fracking all over the place. Which I'm not sure is better than nuclear considering the damage to the environment.

Which one is better and who is currently winning the war? I wonder.

And is the concern over nuclear being inflated for the wrong reasons....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I cant argue one single point.

If anything,I think Nuclear power plants,that are sitting on active fault lines,SHOULD be shut down.

Thats just an accident,waiting to happen,MHO

There are those,with agendas......No one should think there is not. Not those who just believe that its dangerous,but those that have vested interests in making money,if Nuclear Power wasn't around.

Star for both those great posts......

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If the reactor 4 melts down and nuclear winter increases dramatically then whats to stop a nuclear war if were all in trouble anyway?

Food for thought or just crazy foreplay?
edit on 17-5-2012 by DiiTrOn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So I guess we are all going to croak? Tell me something I don't know. I have yet to find an elixir that renders immortality? I realize that Fukushima is a catastrophe of epic proportions, but am I not going to howl at the moon over it? Besides, what is the point of getting upset over something we have no control over? You can't taste, smell, or even see radiation. My guess is a whole heck of a lot of radiation was in the environment long before Fukushima? Thousands of atmospheric and below ground atomic weapons tests, leaks both reported and unreported from industrial incidents, and costly and often unreliable disposal techniques should be held suspect until more study is devoted to Fukushima.

To my understanding, the incident is on-going, containment and mitigation efforts are being devised and utilized as needed, and radiation continues to be monitored with varying levels of seriousness and normalcy. That is all anyone can feasibly do at the moment. This incident will go down as one of the worst industrial accidents in human history. However, until more study can be done? It makes no sense engaging in knee-jerk reactions. Can't conduct research in a vacuum. I realize the severity of of Fukushima, and I follow it daily. However, I will not subscribe to sensationalism being paraded around as science by hacks who have never even seen a control room inside a nuclear plant. The anti-nuke crowd can be just as devious as the corporate master minds at Tepco.

Therefore, I long for a scientific study that is objective and open to peer review. Until the matter is resolved, we are clutching for straws trying to predict what the fallout will be from the catastrophe in Japan. At present, I have yet to see or read anything about people dying as a direct result of Fukushima? Radiation is a slow killer, and we will not know the true affects for years if not decades after this. No use getting too bent-out-of-shape over this right now. All we can do is stay-up on it, and remain as objective as possible to the information that is being jammed down our throats from a multitude of sources.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Ben81

start taking proactive actions to adapt to my new environement

And they are ? What are some of the actions you will be taking ? I mean if there are any I would love to know them. Besides burying myself in a cave ?

We're breathing rqadioactive air here as we speak right ?

Also where is the proof of any of this ?
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Im more scared about the young kids and babies who will be more affected
its them that should be protected at all cost
because they are the future generation who will suffer more of this
if no actions is taken right now by the government to reduce the risk of being contaminated
the human species will not go far in a fallout wasteland where even plants cant grow
edit on 5/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

please answer his question..

If you're going to come here and (arguably) fear-monger, then justify said fear-mongering by saying 'it's better to be aware so that you can take precautions like meee'.. then please tell us the precautions you're taking.

I'm not a skeptic of the severity of Fukishima.. For me, it's hands-down my biggest fear and concern, but it just seems childish when he specifically asked you what kinds of things you're doing, to change the subject and start talking about future generations
edit on 17-5-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Then i return the question to you

What can i do ?

There is not much we can do exept telling the population the truth
so we can start doing something like taking a lot more precaution
more test to the found .. giving to people radiation sensors and pills
the time they waste not telling people about this is murder

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wake up sleepy heads no time to sleep reactor 4 pool may soon burn in a baby earth quake Unprepared nasayers will soon be gone thank God , they sicken me! All the proof needed and they denie it! well meaning dead too Hell, evolution at it's Darwinistic's best even though Darwin is incorrect, hopefully I am also for the naysayers sake but I dont really think so, do you ?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Informative thread but the precautions listed are unrealistic and for many impossible. The biggest threat as I see it is the fact that our food supply is going to be tainted for years and years to come.
Unavoidable.
I have a grown a good size garden over the last few years to try and get away from pesticides and the like but now it's going to be infused with radioactive cesium goodness...... There are no safe choices available to anyone anymore, only the joy of choosing the lesser evil.

You stated staying indoors as a way to avoid fallout, thus decreasing the amount of vitamin D in your system which leads to its own range of health problems not to mention everything else that goes along with leading a sedentary lifestyle. Obesity anyone??

If we are being irradiated as many independent scientists are saying we're all @(*#$&*#, may as well do the things you enjoy while you are able. Staying indoors and hiding from the environment is merely going to postpone the inevitable while robbing you of quality of life.

I appreciate you putting all this information together because I do like to stay informed, truly I do, but you may as well find what enjoyment you can while you can. Spend time with your loved ones and make some good memories to sustain you through the dark times ahead.

I agree and this could not be added to one of the existing threads?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I knew this was going to get worse after scientists in Berkeley captured rain water last summer and tested it and it was high for radiation. When they released their findings, tptb said, "It's small enough to be a safe amount of radiation". Scientists basically said, "There is no safe amount of radiation".

We may as well accept it. There will be no big announcement or anything about this. What is going to happen is, people are going to start getting really sick and it will continue.

The govt treats the people like we are idiots and won't figure out that we are being radiated...

They will just keep telling us that the radiation is a safe amount.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by pirhanna

Just out of curiosity, if I was to mix sunflowers in with my garden will that absorb more radiation then the surrounding vegetables thus making them less radioactive?

DO NOT eat anything you grow outside in the dirt. I would not.

Go and buy a small greenhouse to grow food inside of. But do not eat what you grow outside unprotected.

My father in law, who is an organic gardener all of his life refuses to eat anything out of his garden and started over with a small green house.

This is a man who does not believe in conspiracies or anything else but he does believe in the radiation issues from Japan.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
heres my take:

The Anti-Nukers are taking this opportunity to remind the world of the fact that we can create Boiling Water Nuclear Reactors----BUT we dont have the ability to dispose of or contain Nuclear materials when there is an accident.

The Pro-Nukers are being quiet and laying low--prolly cuz the used fuel from electric generation is used in Munitions -technically every Nuke power plant is a Nuke Factory.

The Japanese Govt is all mum, Tepco is working with the public broadcasting company NHK to develop the propaganda/blow-back response for the Country of Japan and the world.

The Japanese people are blogging that there are many nosebleeds, hair loss, respiratory issues, and possibly deformed births.

The web site, EneNews is posting video after video of Arnie Gundersen, a questionable "expert" who seems to be taking this opportunity to provide information to us all, even though he tells us nothing we , the semi-pro 4 Estate--havent figured out on our own months ago. The site has some obvious bias and a pro-"science as religion" feeling. The site also has no info about who or whom is behind it, and has a secret IP address, the only thing we know is its servers are located in Utah....

Jim Stone and Arnie Gundersen occupy the same space as far as credibility. Jim Stone has excellent pictures of Fukushima, some not available to the public. Take both with a grain of salt.

Basically----GE owns half of NBC and both are part of the CFR. So that explains the media non coverage.

Meanwhile--were getting dosed with radiation, and no Govt will save us.

BUT! WE, can pool our resources and data and blow the whole issue up until we get answers.

Do we know the right questions to ask?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

unfortunately this is an unrealistic solution for most people.

I personally will eat my bio accumulated radiated tomatoes with a smile on my face.

At least most cannabis is grown indoors. (to mitigate cancer)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i agree its bad, but people like dutchsinse only bring confusion.

He doesnt even know there is a alpha/beta window on the 700's probe.

How is bad science gonna fix anything?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

When Openhiemur,, said and i quote loosely,
Iam Death,,,

he was not talking about, some
Mythical Thing,, created from the minds of men , he meant,,man.

As in the Garden and elswhere,, speak as a snake? lol
right forked tounge too i bet,, lol,,
Anyway ,,, the is an Answer, too the present crisis,,
which door though,,?

man.myth.or
particle physics, at an Atomic level,, man made? dought it,,
so maybe man should not play with particle physics, burn man, oughh.

Me.
edit on 17-5-2012 by BobAthome because: ya death/mutation/who knows,, time for RAD-X,,? lol

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join