It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's just say it: Democrats are the REAL problem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Let me start by saying I am totally behind Ron Paul and what he represents. However, with that said, the biggest problem with our society right now is your exact mentality. Whether it be for Ron Paul, or Eddie Van Halen, doesn't matter, the problem is in the words "Only (fill in the blank) can save us". Things will only change when something amazing happens, that statement will be read; heard, wrote, sang as "Only we can save ourselves".

Once people stop looking for an outside source of some kind to fix us, only then will we be fully responsible for our own lives and liberties. Throughout history freedom has never been given away, but has been TAKEN. So ask yourself are you ready to do what is necessary to take the control of your life back? I know I am.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by xuenchen

A sense of humor is neccessary...I notice you didn't dispute the premise?

AND...Just because it is timely and came out yesterday...

House Passes Violence Against Women Act That Leaves Out LGBT, Immigrant Protections

During the House debate, Democrats charged that the GOP bill would actually leave victims of domestic violence worse off than they are under current law. Unlike the Senate bill, the House proposal discourages undocumented immigrant women from reporting abuse without the threat of being deported. It also makes it harder for Native American women to seek justice against their abusers, and it leaves out protections for the LGBT community altogether.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 17-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Yes Yes,

Humor accepted.

And I agree there is a problem with the VAWA.

But I thought there is already laws against All assaults on anybody ?

Assault is assault.

Most are misdemeanors, some are felonies.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Yes Yes,

Humor accepted.

And I agree there is a problem with the VAWA.

But I thought there is already laws against All assaults on anybody ?

Assault is assault.

Most are misdemeanors, some are felonies.

In short the law creates standard/mandatory penalties for various levels of spousal abuse, repeat offenders etc. and allows abuse victims to appeal if the local prosecutor doesn't investigate or take action.

Otherwise...the law is meant to push back on local law enforcement who might have historical/cultural issues and would dismiss the violence as "between a man and wife", a "lovers spat" etc. and let it slide.

Congressional GOP stripped Senate language that included LGBT protection in favor of man and wife, plus the senate language provided that abuse victims would not be immediately questioned about thier citizenship and the GOP in congress stripped that as well. If a woman is here as an illegal citizen and getting beaten by her husband, she will get deported if she goes to the cops...kind of an ugly scenario, but common all the same.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kre8skaos

Actually, I was goofing around...

And, love your response, that's the type of mentallity I'd love to see go around. But sadly, people still believe in being governed and are afraid to think for themselves.

Peace and one Blood

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join