Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Let's just say it: Democrats are the REAL problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem................we need to clean house of all of them.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
if your agenda is to tax the lower 90% to death for the benfit of the top 10%, and get rid of the EPA so the oil companies and the rest can pollute our air and water for the almighty profit (of the CEO only of course)

than yes, democrats are a problem

thank god !

the GOP uses issues like gay marriage and "freedom" to brainwash the lower 90% to vote for them so they can crap on them in thge tax code

if it wasn't so sad it would be funny

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem................we need to clean house of all of them.

i think we all know this

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

i think we all know this

Many of us do.

But I've noticed a trend around the internet where somebody will see a comment like yours and follow it with either:

'Yes they are all the problem, but the left is the REAL problem'

or

'Yes they are all the problem, but the right is the REAL problem'

Either one of those are then followed by nasty remarks about the other 'side' to cause conflict, causing people to get caught back in the trap of left vs right arguing to take people away from REALLY seeing that they are REALLY both the problem.
edit on 16-5-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

obviously, but its like this, if you were to travel the desert and you had a choice of taking peanut butter or jelly with you (no bread) what would you choose? Either way would suck (p.s no water)
edit on 16-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

obviously, but its like this, if you were to travel the desert and you had a choice of taking peanut butter or jelly with you (no bread) what would you choose? Either way would suck (p.s no water)
edit on 16-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Haha.

I like that, very nice.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Politics is like a sheep at the edge of a cliff. It was driven there by the person behind it so it wouldn't run away.

edit on 16-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
greed is the problem. nothing more. Republicans/Democrats are just part of the game to keep everyone divided. If only more people realized this psychological game the rich play on the rest of us then we would be infinitely powerful to stop it. Once you put the sunglasses on, you can't take em off. I'm speaking of the They Live sunglasses that is.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
I was actually waiting for this thread...

This is pretty much /thread.

Partisan politics is just a smokescreen.

There is no left or right...

It's the establishment and corporations versus you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh boy! Another highly one-sided partisan thread perpetuating the false dichotomy of "Dem v Rep from someone who claims to be 'non-partisan'

Awesome!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Awesome someone who can't read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From someone who claims to be "non partisan".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Why is it that People are so short minded when it comes to politics? If you ask a hardcore republican or democrat loyalist what is the driving factor about most things in life they will correctly say Money.

However, when it comes to politics somehow they think that their party is above the temptation of money and that their party ideals supersede lobbyists or special interest influences.

Lobbyist and special interest groups have got to be the dumbest people to spend billions every year to gamble on 50/50 odds.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Come on now say it we all know its true from the days of Teddy Rooselvet moving forward to present day. Social engineering has been the greatest failure in modern history.

I wouldn't say social engineering has been the greatest failure in modern history
I would say it's been the greatest threat in modern history

Originally posted by neo96
The GOP is a smidgen better than the left for the simple reason of liberal progressive creations of the Federal Reserve Act,Medicare,Medicaid,Departments of Education and Energy that do nothing more that reward mediocrity and failure.

reward mediocrity and failure at supernatural costs

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I would have to agree considering the current state of he world.

Second.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Arguing over the two sides in our politics is a complete waste of time, and it is detrimental to our well being. The real issue that we face, no matter what type of government we choose to keep, is the overwhelming amount of choices that we are faced with. No government in the world is equipped to deal with this issue at this time, and none have the structure to get to a point where they will be able to any time soon. It may be that the 1% are driving this rig off the cliff because of that reason.

Our psychological make up does not prepare us for the confusion that comes from so many choices, especially in a community setting. Politics is just one area where this idea is very evident. The college community is completely lost as well, so is the medical community as well as the food industry, and all other types of consumerism. Students are graduating with tons of debt and an immobilizing fear that if they open the wrong door, they will be eating peanut butter for the next thirty years, and there are way too many doors, each one promising only good things. It is just about impossible to live a clean healthy lifestyle in this day in age with so many bad choices and things that we absolutely do not need in our lives being stuffed down our throats. I have said before and will stand by these words until the end. Our culture cannot and will not ever be fixed until the day that we completely ban any and all advertising. The one underlying problem that we face is that the base poison behind all of these broken systems is that there are WAY TOO MANY CHOICES and our brains are not built to deal with it. After a point, we become unable to make the right decisions, we just start making grabs at whatever fixes the first or closest problem, and we become blind to the big picture.

"Ban all advertising?" you say". It may sound impossible and absurd, but think about it, when was the last time you saw an advertisement for something that you could not live without? How much time gets wasted in your life on advertising that you don't even notice, or has nothing to do with your life at that point. The things you need are the things that don't need advertising. If and when we get back on track as a species, or learn to live in a sustainable way, we will live by this rule, mark my words. There will be no advertising.

If our species does not soon make strict laws that enforce the cleaning up and protecting of our environment, and bring our lives back to a closeness with the natural world, we will have a hell of a long time getting back to a healthy and sustainable way of life, maybe never. This is the idea we need to be pushing my friends. But the first thing we have to do is stop arguing about this petty politics crap, and stop confusing ourselves with all of these bad choices in government or otherwise. Then we need to stop consuming things that we do not absolutely need to survive, and clean up this pigstye of a planet we have made for ourselves.

The one true way to get to the bottom of every difficult question or decision is by asking yourself, "what kind of effect will it have on our grandchildren?"

Just to add, back on topic, Dem or Rep, things are going to end the same either way, neither choice is any better than the other, and they will always end with the same result, because the real problem does not lye within either side's ability to handle it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nice try at divide and conquer Neo.

Both the House Democrats and House Republicans are the problem, while the majority of American's have no power or influence in what goes on in Washington.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Actually no it was a response to another thread,

Second,

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The difference, of course, is the OP of that thread has no problem admitting they prefer one of the party's.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
I was actually waiting for this thread...

Agreed.

Neo96 does have a point, in that yes, some Marxist opinions are not only obnoxious, but can be downright dangerous. For the most part, however, the Right/Left distinction is simply one which is intended to cause conflict.

As I wrote in another recent thread:-

I do not desire rejection of either the Left or the Right, but synthesis; and from synthesis, peace. This is one instance where the medicine of the Right is needed, and appropriate.

The Left, (Chesed, in qabbalistic terms) in appropriate measure, grants compassion, the ability to let go of self when such is necessary, and the flexibility required to bend with the wind and tides. The Right, (Geburah) conversely, grants the ability to stand firm within the storm; such that, although we might move to accomodate passing forces, we will not be swept over.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"Never before in this entire nations history have people never been more broke or dumb downed to where they will vote based off a simpleton slogan."

Well stated.
Bravo.
Your obvious grasp of American English ( and thorough research of the 3M catalouge judging by that mask in you profile pic) has me desperate for your well thought out, articulate solution to...
Wait...
Nevermind, I just read your rebuttals.
Sorry for the intrusion, get back to your obvious conclusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join