It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter, Nutcase!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

We have crap like, "Ann is having fun being the only girl in a male-exclusive club. She needs a good ratio to recieve attention from guys. " from people who haven't a clue.

She's a pundit and she uses her looks as a selling point, thus people have license to rag on her. It's not like anyone can take the things she says seriously, least of all her. She and Bill Maher can be pretty funny at times.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
All i saw was an arrogant, ill-informed woman who made these ridiculous comments designed to shock. When I saw her she made me think there's something very, very wrong with America today. People like her are the ones who hate freedom and anyone who doesn't believe in her views she just screams at and slanders.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Byrd]

That is without a doubt the best descripton I have ever heard.............

of Teresha heinz kerry

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
By the way, here is a link to the "Attack" on poor old Max. Read for yourself. Only a blind, raging Democrat would say this was an attack. This is only clarification of lies.

www.townhall.com...

The libs couldn't let it go, so here is her response in her next comumn.

www.townhall.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

By the way, here is a link to the "Attack" on poor old Max. Read for yourself. Only a blind, raging Democrat would say this was an attack. This is only clarification of lies.

Coulter's Slander:

"Cleland lost three limbs in an accident during a routine noncombat mission where he was about to drink beer with friends. He saw a grenade on the ground and picked it up.

Cleland wore the uniform, he was in Vietnam, and he has shown courage by going on to lead a productive life. But he didn't "give his limbs for his country," or leave them "on the battlefield." There was no bravery involved in dropping a grenade on himself with no enemy troops in sight."

Cleland's Executive Officer:

The 2nd of the 12th Cavalry was engaged in a combat operation at the time of this incident. Max Cleland was with the Battalion Forward Command Post in heavy combat involving the attack of the 1st Cavalry Division up the valley to relieve the Marines who were besieged and surrounded at the Khe Shan Firebase. The whole surrounding area was an active combat zone (some might call the entire country of Vietnam a combat zone). (Is Iraq a combat zone?) Max, the Battalion Signal Officer, was engaged in a combat mission I personally ordered to increase the effectiveness of communications between the battalion combat forward and rear support elements: e.g. Erect a radio relay antenna on a mountain top. By the way, at one point the battalion rear elements came under enemy artillery fire so everyone was in harms way.

As they were getting off the helicopter, Max saw the grenade on the ground and he instinctively went for it. Soldiers in combat don't leave grenades lying around on the ground. Later, in the hospital, he said he thought it was his own but I doubt the concept of "ownership" went through his mind in the split seconds involved in reaching for the grenade. Nearly two decades later another soldier came forward and admitted it was actually his grenade. Does ownership of the grenade really matter? It does not.

Maury Cralle'
Battalion Executive Officer
2d/12th Cavalry Battalion
1st Air Cavalry Division
During the assault on Khe Shan

Ann Coulter makes a living off denigrating triple amputee Vietnam Veterans. She never served a day in the military and wouldn't have the courage to do so. Now she's too old, so woulda coulda shoulda gonna. She has no right to talk about any Vet like that and only Veteran-hating slime would support her slander.

Besides that, guess what the Vietcong used to do to helicopter landing zones. They would take frags, often US frags, lash them to short poles, and then put wires from one frag pin to another. When the chopper landed it would land on the wire and pull the pins out, and as troops were jumping out of the sides of the chopper the grenades would go off.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That is without a doubt the best descripton I have ever heard............. Of Teresha Heinz Kerry

Mwm1311, Teresa is no way near in the same league as that nutcase ann coulter. I have nothing against a first woman who feels so strong on the environment, i hope she can help bring some serious changes in the US.

Lo and behold, I saw more crap spilling from her mouth today on Fox News. She was saying that terrorists want Kerry to win and terrorists endorsed Kerry's campaign. Therefore, she's saying a vote for Kerry is a vote for terrorism. what a load of crap! This goes once again the republicans using scare tactics to undermine the democratic process in the United States.

This woman sickens me.

drfunk

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne, I am shocked you can defend such a monster. This woman spews rubbish, rubbish! Trying to jeopardise the democratic process like she did today with lies is awful thing, its treasonous!

drfunk

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Glad you got to have some fun at the expense of others, cause we sure did.

Lighten up. It's not like someone personally attacked you or your loved ones.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh I see TC, we go after Ann for her looks, we baaad..... She goes after Chelsea Clinton, a 13 year old, as being the Clinton Dog, this joke later used on the Rush Limbaugh show when he says "Not only do they have a whitehouse cat, they have a whitehouse dog." And a picture of Chelsea pops up. She was 13 years old, Ann is 43.(was 30 something then) She goes after Janet Reno, well, everyone did, but still, you say we bad for going after her looks.... Hell, she even went after Madeleine Albright. "Who ironically enough, is not so bright is she? If she was she would leave the democrats and join me on the side of the right." Ann.

Ann Coulter has this to say... "There is nothing so irredeemably cruel as an attack on a woman for her looks. Attacking a female for being ugly is a hideous thing, always inherently vicious." Hmmm, unless it's her going after a woman's looks. Later on.... "A blind man in America would think the ugliest women ever to darken our planet are Paula Jones, Linda Tripp, and Kathrine Harris." Wait, those women are ugly, it doesn't have to do with being a republican, it just the way the ugly stick made them. And none of them were 13 years old when being called dogs.

Now, on to the honorable Max Cleland. His opponet was Saxby Chambliss, who got out of the war due to "bad knees". Hmm, wonder how much daddy paid for the "bad knees". Anyways, Cleland had good knees before the war and then had none after it. Anyways, Saxby in the heat of the battle to win, made an ad that showed pictures of Osama, Saddam, and Max Cleland. Why? Because according to Saxby Cleland voted against a vital homeland security bill. Hmmm, to recap quickly, Cleland authors Department of Homeland Security legislation. Bush BLOCKS IT! Bush proposes a new political version of the same thing to trap people who believe in the Bill of Rights.(Take away freedom of speech, take away right to attorney, trial, so forth) So when Cleland decides he wants the right of Freedom of Speech, he is accussed of hating America by the republicans, and loses his seat in the senate.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Glad you got to have some fun at the expense of others, cause we sure did.

Lighten up. It's not like someone personally attacked you or your loved ones.

Wrong, Phreak, these morons just attacked and slandered my sister just because they disagree with her point of view!

Ok, kidding, she's not my sister. I couldn't help it. I do the same whenever someone tells a racial joke within earshot, "Hey man, my mother is "fill in blank"

No need in lightening up, I wasn't heavy or bent out of shape. I was merely making a point. Maybe the point was missed. The point was that Liberals are good at attacking and insulting the person when they can't defend their position or rationally attack the other side's position, and this is all but always the case. Almost to the poster, that is what happened here. Notice, when I did the same thing, my post was noted for that. Anyway, the point was made, it kind of went over some heads, but that's ok. And you're right, Phreak, whe isn't known to me or kin to me, but go and reread some of the horrible posts. There was no intellect in them at all, no topic of debate, only shallow, petty attacks and insults.

Max Cleland lost no limbs due to combat or heroism. The incident involving the grenade was unfortunate and tragic, but it still makes for no war hero as the Democrats try and paint him to be.

taibunsuu, you say he should be bowed down to because he went on to lead a productive life. Sorry, I don't see a man doing what a man should do as being worthy of worship. Today, I do what doctors said I wouldn't be able to do, but I do it because I want to lead a productive life, too. Don't worship me, pal. And furthermore, again a lie is told, "Ann Coulter makes a living off denigrating triple amputee Vietnam Veterans. " No, she does not make a living in such manner, and that was a foolish statement. And again, you couldn't help say it in such manner, "triple amputee Vietnam Veteran", as if he is an amputee because of enemy fire. Don't lecture me on what the enemy does, did or might do, I'm not soft civilian. Regardless of what the enemy does did or might do, Mr. Cleland made it clear what he was doing. It is all regardless, as the question is not on Max, but on the liberal Democrats. That is very clear and evident, were you to bother reading the columns. Were you to bother reading her columns, you'd se that Max has been a point of only a couple of her many columns, and you'd see she did not "denigrate" him in the least.

Are you trying to say that this man, who you say is leading a productive life (I'm sorry, I thought he is a politician), a huge war hero, and you feel you have to defend him from a girl even when she isn't even attacking him? You can't figure out that Mr. Cleland is peripheral to the point of topic, or is this a typical and usual attempt to muddy the waters?

What you folks might want to keep in mind is that Ann Coulter isn't writing to win your hearts and minds over, she isn't trying to change America by making the liberal see the light, she writes merely for the entertainment of the conservative crowd. Notice the humor that is heavily laced with sarcasm. She sings to the choir. If you are a liberal and don't like her, don't read her material, it isn't meant for you, anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just to add to the discussion I found this:
Not quite worth of a ATSNN story but perfect for this thread.

She's a thin, blond lawyer with conservative leanings. He's an overweight, unkempt filmmaker with a liberal bent. Opposites, yes, but what Ann Coulter and Michael Moore have in common is their unvarnished understanding for Americans' disgust with the "other" side.

What they also have in common is a publication date and a knack for writing best sellers.

In stores Tuesday:

� 600,000 copies of Moore's Will They Ever Trust Us Again? (Simon & Schuster, $22), a collection of letters to Moore from soldiers, veterans and their families in response to Fahrenheit 9/11, his documentary critical of the Bush administration after 9/11 that just happens to be out on DVD Tuesday as well.

� 400,000 copies of Coulter's How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) (Crown Forum, $26.95), an almost lighthearted departure from her earlier books: Treason, Slander and High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Fast left jab, mean right hook

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
LOL! Good find, Fred. I wondered if anyone would think to compare the two.

Again, so that some who might not have caught the irony, my previous posts that appeared mean spirited were done so on purpose. The purpose was not to offend the particular participants of this thread, but to illuminate the hypocricy of the left.

On a personal note, Ms. Coulter's books are aimed at people like me, conservative, but they are a bit tedious to me because they are laced with so much sarcasm. To each his own, I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Max Cleland lost no limbs due to combat or heroism. The incident involving the grenade was unfortunate and tragic, but it still makes for no war hero as the Democrats try and paint him to be.

taibunsuu, you say he should be bowed down to because he went on to lead a productive life.

Well, you know, I think you're right. If someone loses limbs while serving our country, they don't deserve any more respect than someone who gets injured in a car accident. Cleland dropped a grenade on himself while going to drink beer. John McCain? Well he started the USS Forrestall fire when he prematurely launched a missile off his aircraft, then he bailed out over Hanoi and was treated as a hero by the Vietcong for almost sinking the aircraft carrier. Kerry was a malingerer. George Bush Sr. panicked while attacking what he thought was a Japanese ship and bailed out, letting the plane crash with his crew inside.

There's only one Real American Hero, all the rest are liars, traitors, and slobs who injured themselves on purpose like Bush Sr., McCain, Cleland, and Kerry.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

LOL! Good find, Fred. I wondered if anyone would think to compare the two.

I did, near the beginning of this thread..
Fred made me feel like I knew what I was talking about!..
I need that sometimes, ya know?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
TC, I think the reason so many "lefties" get furious is because you are defending someone who is saying these outrageous things and recently trying to undermine the democratic process in the United States.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ann Coulter is brash and the very fact that she is a conservative is enough for a thread by this name to garner 50 responses by the unthinking ATS masses. The trick to understanding Ann is to read her works or to listen to her when she's on the tube. You want annoying, I give you Susan Estrich.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Pundits write essays, and the job of a pundit is largely selling and marketing oneself in the form of ideas and image. That's all good and there's some funny pundits on either side. They are amusing and all have their good qualities but they are paid to take political sides and in that they are always self-contradicting.

Any pundit who denigrates Americans who were wounded or held prisoner in the service of their country debases themselves as an American-hating rat, especially if they were never in the service themselves. They are insulting all of America or Americans if they resort to that.

Don't let your personal politics reach a point where you liberally downgrade a wounded veteran's service to America.

Courtesy to everyone in general, wounded veterans in particular. That's how I look at it, anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Grady?

Whats wrong with Susan E.
She has that sexy voice thing going on..

I just think Ann Coulter is a polarizer, Her new book titled..."How to talk to a liberal if you have to"
Kind of insulting title...

However, if it was title how to talk to a RABID Liberal, or something like that..maybe..

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Any pundit who denigrates Americans who were wounded or held prisoner in the service of their country debases themselves as an American-hating rat, especially if they were never in the service themselves. They are insulting all of America or Americans if they resort to that.

Don't let your personal politics reach a point where you liberally downgrade a wounded veteran's service to America.

I agree that Ann's remarks were thoughtless and cruel, but I would stop short of calling her a nut case. A single stupid remark doesn't define any person's character. I have never heard her address these remarks, but I am sure that if the insensitivity and stupidity of her remarks were brought to her attention, she would apologize. Her character taken as whole makes me believe this.

Certainly the attacks on her in this thread are not justified any more than her remarks regarding Max Cleland were justified. For myself, I think that it is incredibly insulting of Cleland to support a traitor like Kerry. His injuries or wounds in Vietnam certainly don't get him off the hook off for everything for the rest of his life and if this is the kind of individual is has been all these years, I will have to reconsider my opinion of him.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
She uses showmanship. That's what people don't understand. It's what all pundits and political commentators use. Limbaugh if he wasn't a good radio personality and didn't know how to make radio entertaining would never have gotten a syndicated show. Similiarly, Coulter has her own image and a certain marketed persona. People take the pundits at face value and don't realize that there is a marketed image that's seperate from the actual person, kind of like how The Rock is not The Rock but a guy named Dwayne Johnson.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I just think Ann Coulter is a polarizer, Her new book titled..."How to talk to a liberal if you have to"
Kind of insulting title.....

No more insulting that "Dude, Where's My Country?" or "Stupid White Men".

Of course, I haven't read enough of her works to remark either way. I did hear her on Sean Hannity though, and she seemed pretty normal to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join