It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Domino Effect, Beginning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
First Greece now supposedly making a choice to leave the Euro. Everyone wondered who would be next. Well, wonder no more everyone here it is in black and white now Italy. While most thought Spain, I guess its not far behind Italy.Will we witness a world depression? I'm sure some there, already believe they're in one.

It has been no secret though I suppose to those of us who listen and read other alternative media choices, but how much longer, I wonder can the main stream media, keep hiding the "real" economy. There are those of us who know that the economy is not right and we see and feel it on a daily level.

How much more "good" propaganda can they dish out on the economy and unemployment before the sheeple and those of you who don't have time or the luxury to research and read between the lines. When will people quit going for "feel good" lines the politicians feed you to get your vote? You definately can't trust the unelected ones either. They have nothing to lose since most I would assume it's that way in Italy too, we don't even know who these glorified pencil pushers are.

The Telegraph

As Greece erupts, Italy is moving into the eye of the storm. Its economy is contracting at speeds not seen since the depths of the slump in 2009 as draconian austerity bites, greatly increasing the risk of social revolt and a banking crisis.With the world's third largest debt after the US and Japan at €1.9 trillion (£1.18 trillion), it is big enough to bring the global financial system to its knees. It is also in the front line of contagion as the Greek crisis metastasizes.

The unelected government of Mario Monti is carrying out net fiscal tightening of 3.5pc of GDP this year even though Italy's budget is near primary surplus. This is three times the International Monetary Fund's "therapeutic" pace. All key measures of Italy's money supply have been contracting at 1930s rates over the last six months.

edit on 16-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 16-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What drives me nuts is on one hand we have countries looking like they are going to go away and on the other companies making profits.

I did think Spain would be next as well, but then they need the EU more than the EU needs them (monetarily speaking of course)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I already got tired of this incertitude. Sometimes I think it would be great if the world wide economy colapses once for all, with all those fat banksters and corrupted politicians. At least, we will enjoy real freedom.

So.....op, I hope you are right.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats

Why are you posting like this all over the forum? You have to make new posts before you can post by yourself, but this is stupid!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Did we enjoy more or less freedom after the depression of the 30's? Did things get better or worse, "freedom"-wise? Big crashes only hurt the 99%, and the 1% (for lack of better terms for them) come in and buy everything up for pennies on the dollar. Crashes may not be exactly planned, but they're certainly not avoided at all costs. Not by those who push everything to the brink to make money off it either way. Gamble with people's money and you either profit as planned or you crash the system, in which case you get to buy the whole house for fire sale prices. Win win for them. Not so much for us.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Trueman

Did we enjoy more or less freedom after the depression of the 30's? Did things get better or worse, "freedom"-wise? Big crashes only hurt the 99%, and the 1% (for lack of better terms for them) come in and buy everything up for pennies on the dollar. Crashes may not be exactly planned, but they're certainly not avoided at all costs. Not by those who push everything to the brink to make money off it either way. Gamble with people's money and you either profit as planned or you crash the system, in which case you get to buy the whole house for fire sale prices. Win win for them. Not so much for us.

I didn't talk about a depression or a crisis with chances of recovering. Do you know what I mean now?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
We need this disastrous economy to collapse. Only then will we be in a position to rebuild. As long as there's even one pillar of it standing, we will be destined to live this again. Let it fall and watch the flames destroy the evil. Our opportunity to build a new, fair, honest system lies in its ashes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Trueman

I didn't talk about a depression or a crisis with chances of recovering. Do you know what I mean now?

No, I don't know what you mean. Because you said:

Sometimes I think it would be great if the world wide economy colapses once for all, with all those fat banksters and corrupted politicians. At least, we will enjoy real freedom.

Are you saying you think the global economy will "collapse" to the point that those with all of the money and gold will somehow not have all of their money and gold afterwards? Please explain to me how that works; maybe I'm misunderstanding your point. Their cash may become worthless, but they have quite a bit of wealth of intrinsic value. Pretty hard to make 90% of the world's gold supply suddenly be worth nothing just because the dollar crashed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Sorta. Money will have zero value and banks will be useless. How would you like your squirrel?...well done?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm also hoping for the complete collapse to come soon.

It should have happened years ago and right now we would be living in a better place, rebuilding solid businesses and under true reform.

As for what will happen after the collapse, no one really knows. There is a good chance that the wealthy 1% will lose out massively. They have accumulated a lot of fictional wealth, it is not in solid assets. Then you have to factor in how the people will react to those who still hold such wealth.

A century ago all they had to do was load their family on a ship and sail off to start a new life of luxury somewhere else. Where are they gonna run to now?

The elites don't really have anywhere to hide in our modern times. We find war criminals all the time and try them. A guy with a yacht and a couple of mansions will be easy to spot! Who are they going to hire to protect them?

top topics

join