posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
All my lurking here and I didn't know there was a video game thread? lol..anyways...
1. Chrono Trigger: I've yet to play another RPG that is this complete. That it's my gold standard to this day is telling. Either it was a very good
game, or I'm grumpy 90's kid. Literally didn't put it away until I had achieved all the endings, haha.
2. Secret of Mana: The game that kind of looked like Zelda (which I won't include because I'm listing more "traditional" RPGs) that turned me onto
this company called Squaresoft, which in turn got me into RPGs.
3. Final Fantasy III: Without SoM's importance to my gaming history, it would easily be a very close #2
4. Super Mario RPG: I don't know why, but seeing Mario & Co in an RPG seemed natural after a few minutes with this one, which is a testament to the
5. Earthbound: A game that is often forgotten in the annals of time, but will live forever in the ballads of those few who experienced it (or the
other Mother games).