It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God, Buy yourself a can opener!!! NOW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

lol really!?!

Over here it's all high school kids doing part time work and they don't care.. they just throw em at ya lmao!

Back before it was made to order burgers it was great when you knew someone at Mcdonalds... sooo many free cheeseburgers

Yeah the thread is going and the OP will come back and be so confused.. the latter comments about hand sanitiser and Mcdonalds

edit on 17-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A Fred (f...n ridiculous eating device) is good too.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57cef68372b4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hand sanitizer and McD's may do well together!! Maybe I should throw in how huge McD's can opener is to stay a bit more on track.

All we have working McD's here are teens too...I think they must take the cost of the extra sauce out of their pay judging from the stinginess lol.

And there you go again with free food! I worked at a McD's when i was 16 (I won't say how looong ago that was), and we didn't even get a discount on our meals at break time! At night they would throw tons of food into the trash and the managers would watch to make sure we didn't take any of that either. It was automatic termination if you took it instead of throwing it away.

I am liking your country and can openers a lot better by the minute!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the knives of people opening and #gasp# sawing around the top of cans with them.

My gawd. Don't ruin a perfectly good knife when a $2 can opener is made for such a task.

Tsk-tsk.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

That looks like something we used to use in scouts and army cadets.... I think they just liked to make challenging on purpose!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Something like this - it becomes more dangerous than the knife itself

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I actually had the thought that they brought in the "made to order system" to stop all the free food mischief lol.

The dumpster thing amazes me though... why throw it out! At least give it to homeless people - ha cheeseburgers have a looong shelf life

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Haha, Good point ... Can't even begin to count the times I have been stuck with a can and no opener. Altho, as suggested previously I just used a knife but still, good advice. In the same vein, I recently bought some flip flops with a bottle opener embedded on the bottom of the soles because hey, one never knows, lol !

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Been there done that too ... Nothing wrong with a little iron in your diet

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

hahahahahahahahahaha oh man hahahahahaha gasp hahahahaha

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Fred comes in the army rat packs, can opener on one end, spoon on the other

i have a drawer full of them.

ATS Survival should make these little baby's and hand them out to members lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
you could also get yourself one of these

or even better a pair of these

edit on 17/5/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Yes!! The ATS survivalist keychain

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh crud, I have this soup and NO CAN OPENER! I am going to starve to dea... oh, wait.. it has a pull tab.

If the SHTF, I'd rather just have a cork remover.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This is good advice I suppose. The bigger question is, if you aren't working, how do you have money for internet service? And, why are you spending time doing charity work for nothing instead of going to the local fast food place and getting a job? While you work there you can fatten yourself up so you don't have to rely so much on the stockpile of canned food you have. You can basically live off your stored fat cells for a couple months before diving into the cans of lima beans.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
good point.
i bought a kuhn rikon (a bit designery,but brilliant quality)
bought a few of their ceramic coated knives and tried the can opener..its been guying string for 3 years,looks like new,leaves no sharp edge,lets you use can top as a lid.(keeps flies out at least) was only about £12 i recall.
just the very best of kit,however you will be a bit stumped the first time you use it,it defies convential can opener wisdom.lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

We have no electric can opener at all.
My beautiful wife got into buying that primo "pampered chef" kitchen stuff years back and we have had a manual opener since.
It says 21 bucks US but I think we paid 15 or so back in the day.
Hint: we are still using the thing and prolly will for the next 20 years, we also raised 6 kids.
Alot of cans were harmed in the making of this post!
I also have TONS of the old USGI CRat can openers,....oh whatapain.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everyone realizes you can open a can without a can opener, right? You rub the bottom of the can on a hard surface, such as concrete, to break the seal. Wallah, can open with no tools needed.

www.youtube.com...

Like so.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by Covertblack because: Fixed can opener.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
welcome to my can opener rant thread
I want all the people who are working (that leaves me outside of the pile) to go out and buy at least 5$ worth of can opener at your nearest dollar store right now. Dollar store can opners are a buck, plus tax. These handy things are probably the greatest survival tool. Can be used to stab, poke, (posisble protection?). Today, i did some charitable work, and I left wondering, if the person I helped had a can opener. Go get some can openers, because when the SHTF, you will know why!

Or you can just be around a # load of food with no can opener.

The dollar store ones are cheap, so be gentle with them
edit on 16-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/5/2012 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join