It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God, Buy yourself a can opener!!! NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Are we talking about backyard barbeques or BOB situations?

Fact is, space is a precious commodity when you bug out. Waste yous with a can opener. Ill fill mine with something more useful.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I made sure my stockpile
is only stockpiled with
cans that have a tab.
no need for a can opener
if you prepared right

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How about this method from Mr Lundin?
5:20 into the video

Never tried it but i guess it would work

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have a couple dozen P38s stashed away:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I agree! I think this is already happening! NC
edit on 16-5-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I didn't know that anyone wouldn't have a can opener. I have a kitchen aide one in the kitchen, my son has one on his hunting knife, I have a couple in camping kits somewhere. I also have a few of these little can opener thingys. One came from my grampa and another came from my elderly cousin who was in the Korean war, they both died within the past year. I have theirs and then when we were at Jax outdoor supply store getting chickens this spring my boys saw a bin of them at the front counter and we ended up with a few more. LOL I think we will be good on being able to open cans. My dad was in the military and I remember when he would go on a cruise we ate a lot of canned foods, anything to make a meal stretch so lots of beans, ect.. A lot of times the stuff mom would get at the store on base their labels would be loose. So when we got home she would just write on the bottom of the can what it was. Turned out to be handy because sometimes those labels would come off and we would have been having "you guess it" for dinner. LOL

Looks like this little thing:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
...can opener is a tool for losers, knife can do all U need to survive!!! (included open can) *****

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
...can opener is a tool for losers, knife can do all U need to survive!!! (included open can) *****

I'm not a total loser, but extremely uncoordinated and I can just see myself stabbing myself trying to open a can with a knife. I'd finally get it open and would have blood all over whatever I just opened.. protein right?!
So long as my hubby and boys never die or leave they can open up the cans with the knife. Till then I'll stick with my can opener, cuz I'm a n00b and that's how I roll!
Also translated to uncoordinated idiot!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
ok, I'll buy one. Actually i have one already but for the love of food. Is that ok or do i really need an imaginary friend to help me to open the can?
:-)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I love this "rant" although I would call it really good advice!

It reminds me of that Alannis Morriset song from the 90's "Ironic".

Here I am stocking up on canned food and then 1 week after everything goes bad my can opener breaks... that would suck!!

After watching The Book of Eli, I have started stocking up on all the excessive KFC towlets they give you with a 2 piece feed!!

Yes!!! dry showers for a year

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Your post made me literally LOL. We call them wet naps here and they stopped giving them out years ago. I was heart broken that my meal went up in cost but I lost my "complimentary" moist towelette...

edit on 5/17/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Just use a knife....I learned that when I was 12.

Hell...even a multitool can open a can.

edit on 16-5-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)
Or ...
just buy a can opener and save your Blade...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

I love this "rant" although I would call it really good advice!

It reminds me of that Alannis Morriset song from the 90's "Ironic".

Here I am stocking up on canned food and then 1 week after everything goes bad my can opener breaks... that would suck!!

After watching The Book of Eli, I have started stocking up on all the excessive KFC towlets they give you with a 2 piece feed!!

Yes!!! dry showers for a year
Funny how movies drop those little hints,.
My friends thought i was odd for saving those... Hmmm

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

lol it's true though

What they stopped!? How come?

We still have them here although I think KFC is the only takeout place in Australia that has them.

My ex's Mum works at the place that makes them, they have garbage bags full of them at their house

Another idea are those mediswab things - They are similar to the wet naps but have alcohol (ethanol) in them. For medical situations and injections etc.

The pharmacy would stock them in box loads. They would be worth a mint if everything does actually go wrong.(TSHF)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I would love to have trash bags of them! I am not sure if the entire US KFC franchisees stopped doing it, but every one I have stopped at for the last 10 years has. They used to come wrapped inside a cellophane wrapper with your spork, napkin, salt, and pepper. Now all they give here is a pitiful excuse for a napkin and a fork!

I love the little alcohol wipes as well. I buy those in bulk here labeled as Lens Cleaners for your glasses. I use them for my glasses, cleaning my cellphone, computer monitors, etc. I never thought of them antiseptic wise, though they do reek of it and the fast drying effect the alcohol gives them is why I use them. That is a good idea you had there though... now I need to buy a couple more big boxes to put back!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeah.. I wish I had of taken a bag full after we broke up
oh well, I will keep collecting them

They used to have those pre-made celo bags but now it's just all seperate again.

Actually i had to laugh the other night. I ordered the usual order with a coleslaw on the side and I got home and had ended up with 7 spoons and about 10 towelettes... I am not complaining but it was excessive lol.

Yeah those alcohol wipes are great, there are different versions though. The lens cleaning ones might not be made for medical use though.

These sterile, skin cleansing swabs allow for fast and easy skin cleansing. Medi-Swab# are made in a 2 ply non-woven material impregnated with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol BP. They are sealed in a single, flexible laminate sachet, and come in easy-to-tear-apart

Good for wounds and anti-septic surface control etc.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If only McDonald's could be that excessive with their ketchup...

These particular lens cleaners contain only isopropyl alcohol as well. Probably in a much weaker state compared to the swabs though. I will definitely look into the swabs!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yeah sorry when I first mentioned it, I thought it was ethanol but those one are only 70% iso-prop.

Although this stuff is good as well (although more bulky compared to hand towelettes)

It has 66% ethanol. I am not a germaphobe and I actually hardly use this stuff as I prefer normal handwash with water. Although I have few bottles in the cupboard.

Handy stuff to have... just incase

Anyways I am kinda off-topic now yeah... sorry

edit on 17-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

oh the ketchup.. yes!!! I love their ketchup and it's just not the same as the bottled Heinz ketchup...

At least it's free though, the sweet n sour or BBQ sauce are 50c each here... pfft to that

I ask for one with my Qtr Pounder meal and I normally end up with about 4 in the bag...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Geez! They are generous with the condiments over there!! Getting more than one pack of ketchup with a super size fry is like asking for an organ donor
I think asking for sauce without nuggets would probably result in tearing a hole through the space/time continuum in my area.

I am guilty of going off topic myself. On the brighter side, it has kept the PSA can opener thread alive longer!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join