Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The manufactured hype of the 2012 doomsday scenario.

page: 1

join

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hello and much love ATS!

Yesterday I was thinking a lot about the various interpretations of 2012 that have been floating around for quite some time now, and how they have impacted our culture's view (and the world's, for that matter) of what might happen. I've come up with a conspiracy of my own (did a search and couldn't find any other threads regarding it) and would like to present it to all of ATS to see what you guys think. But first off, the basics...

We know that the Mayans never thought the world would end in 2012 and that what they predicted was a change in the global consciousness, dawning of a new era/golden age, etc... However, the media (that includes Hollywood as well) has tried to feed us the notion that 2012, and the end of the Mayan calendar, are either harbingers of the doomsday OR "new age" mumbo-jumbo that should be dismissed by anyone in possession of a "sane" mind.

I'm sure most ATSers have heard about or read some of the spiritual/peaceful scenarios regarding 2012, but if you have not, here's a short breakdown of a few interesting ones: Ascension - moving from the 3rd dimensional world to the 4th/5th dimensional world where we will all live in love and peace - here's an ATS article that sheds more insight into this scenario: Ascension ATS; Mass Alien Contact/Disclosure - extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional beings are going to reveal themselves and their secrets, reconnecting us to our true history; Moving into the Age of Aquarius - our world will progress into the age of change, revolution, and enlightenment - here's an interesting ATS article regarding it: Age of Aquarius.

Now, here's my conspiracy (please let me know if anyone else has posted a similar thread to this one): What if TPTB purposely manufactured tons of media hype around 2012, that way, when nothing MAJOR occurs everyone will chalk it up to another failed Armageddon or more hippie nonsense, thus preventing the masses from believing that anything spiritually beneficial may have happened (and keeping their brains in their cages).

If this conspiracy were true, by the way things are going and the way I see people just accepting the information that is fed to them, I'd say TPTB might get what they're aiming for. However, upsets have happened before and they certainly will happen again.

Well, that's it ATS. Now, the ball is in your court. What do you think? Are we headed for the end? Is our consciousness shifting? Or, have the Mayans played the grandest, most intricate trolling joke on us all?

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Could be that the 2012 in Dec is the beginning of the 7 years of tribulation foretold in Revelations.
Could be that the extraterrestrials visit would be like in the days of Noah, fulfilling the prophecy of the end times.
Could be that disinformation by the media will have no effect, and the World is ready for a change...we can believe in.
It's all a guess, anyway.
By the way, if you have hayfever, try this: vitamin C, vitamin E, and some resveratrol. Knocks out the itching, runny nose, etc. and is good for you. Just thought I would toss that in.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
looks to me the gov is trying to cover all these events this year and where prob gonna have something happen its just finding out what but if nothing happens well sorry stuffs already happened but why we believe some ancient sun worshipers is beyond me but for a note aztec calendar end 12 21 12 its the beginning of Hindu golden age
ancient chinese time lines end 12 21 12 but the islamic doomsday in set for 2076 just move if the skys falling ok

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution