It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird looking Bug Insect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by h13022489

Well then, sorry for assuming you were joking. Where I live, ticks are very common. You have to buy flea and tick medicine and apply it to your dog. That should keep the ticks from biting. Here is a picture of a full tick like you pulled off your dog, and one before it is full of blood. Try to avoid them if you see them. There are different kinds of ticks, not sure what kind live where you do, but some can make you sick.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
yep, thats it! the big one in the middle.
its embarrassing to say the least, I even had nightmare yesterday dreamt disgusting worms and insects in my room crawling. And today when they moved I thought some weird organics were developed....wooo....sorry OP for the interrupt.
edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

They're pretty nasty, and if you've never seen one, pretty alien too!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'd definately say so, the mechanic ticks withdraw their tiny legs back into their fat body looks exactly like a mini machine, only difference is it runs on blood for fue, I am having a thought of crushing one to see if there'd be blood, but really now I kinda regret squeezed these tumors with my hands, they felt like skin to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When you remove them you need to make sure you get the head out because most of the time the body breaks off and the heads get left inside the skin and it can become infected.

link   
When you remove them you need to make sure you get the head out because most of the time the body breaks off and the heads get left inside the skin and it can become infected.

link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Thanks, knowledgedesired, I will double check raccoon ear to see if there is any head left inside her skin. The ticks put into plastic bags are still moving, they look round balls with only legs. I'll take raccoon to vets tomorow for a check. by any standards, they should be large size ticks, almost 50mm!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You need to make sure the ticks do not crawl off your dog and start nesting in the walls. At Wal Mart I usually find a medicine to give to my dog which kills ticks once they drink the dog's blood. This medicine is called Petarmor Plus. There is probably something similar sold in your city. Ticks can carry heart worms and other parasites which could kill your dog.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Good advice, groingrinder. I wiped entire room with walext and cleared up wooden floor cracks today.
Doctor prescribed Drontal Plus and Advantix®, they refer insects as Dermacentor nuttalli, both bugs are still alive with no heads remain in raccoon's skin. No other bugs found, they recommend burning these bugs. Center for Disease Control and Prevention identified them as non fatal infectious disease carrier type. Bought sterilizing spray and antiseptc liquid just in case.
Thanks again everyone !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join