It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird looking Bug Insect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Does anyone no what this is

To me it looks like a deformed bat
Or some sort of creature that has had its back peeled open
link here
www.thesun.co.uk...

The youtube can anyone translate

Cran

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looks a bit like a Hag Moth Caterpillar. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of caterpillar though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I can't translate, but I agree it looks like some tragically-deformed or wounded bat.

Can't watch video at present but...it's still alive? Dang, poor critter. Will have to follow up on this one later.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Wow... What the hell is that thing?!
It reminds me of a caterpillar if it was crossed with a spider.. Nice find, OP!
I'm super curious to know all about this thing now.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1lluminatus
Looks a bit like a Hag Moth Caterpillar. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of caterpillar though.

You sure it's not a turtle that somebody dressed up as a monster?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Fukushima Beetle....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is that a piece of grass it is crawling on?

Something of known size to help give a sense of perspective would help.

Given the language, maybe a tropical caterpillar?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

hi, my very first thought was that it looks like a deformed turtle, but i really don't know.... strange. i really hope the poor thing isn't suffering

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Possibly. I'm no expert though.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

By the way it moves, I'm saying caterpillar of some sort.
I have never seen one like that, maybe its been burned.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Is that a piece of grass it is crawling on

No it crawling on a leaf

Cran

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Most definitely a hag moth caterpillar.

If you google search it you can actually find that same video labeled hag-moth caterpillar.

There are several colors and sizes.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PassiveObserver

Most definitely a hag moth caterpillar.

Similar maybe
But they don't look the same to me
Probably some sort of caterpillar though

Cran

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Where was this found?

I thought it was much bigger (I made the same thread just now. Sorry) so I was saying it looked like an unshelled turtle.
I didn't realize it was on a leaf. I thought it was several inches long.

Yeah, that's very ominous looking for sure.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like a baby headcrab. Someone give Gordon Freeman a call.

However, its only a Hag Moth Catapillar, as others have said. There are many variations in colour, and size.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ya, that caterpillar looks extremely similar. At first I was thinking this was probably a hoax...Like a bat skin hung over a turtle or something, lol. It really does look like the top is just draped over whatever is on the bottom, but it is hard to tell without being able to see it in person. But ya, the picture you posted is a good fit.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks to me like some Alien offspring from outer space. Maybe something that has developed from the radiation fall out from Japan's nuclear disaster. But it could just be a Hag Moth larva.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hello, OP, I also run into a weird insect and I hope someone here could help recognize if they are normal.
I will try to be as short as possible in the best way I could organize. Should anyone needed more background information, I will be replying as fast whenever as I can.

About a week ago, I was talking with a female neighbor (in Pekin) who just had a surgery removing tumor from her head. I saw many long grain rice shape meat balls (tumor like) sticking out her neck like leaves.

Three days ago, I saw there is a pea shape thing on the side of my raccoon dog's mouth (its saved since last year), its dark red/blue/black color like a small sarcoma (sarcoid), in one of her ear I found another meat ball similar in size. Not far from this meat ball in her ear, a small area seems to be bleeding (but not severe). Both meat balls look similar to the things I saw on my neighbor's neck. I tried to pull these two meat balls, both can't be moved.

Two days ago, I saw the thing on her(raccoon)'s mouth grow bigger in size. I squeezed and try to tell if a surgery is needed. They look like regular tumors and grow tightly on skin surface. Later I went online and searched pet's sarcoma. Its said normally these meat balls are results of eating too much meat or having kidney problems, one needs to oberve more to tell if they post severe danger to animals.

Yesterday, the bigger tumor suddenly disappeared from her mouth and I checked everywhere around her mouth there isn't any scar or sign of bleeding. Because she just ate some grass in the morning during walk I wasn't sure how this self healing happened, or maybe she just ate tumor herself! The second meat ball in her ear is still there, not bigger, not smaller.

Today, when I was petting her on the head, I was shocked to find another big meat ball sticking right out on her head! I was so scared she may have developed tumor all over her body. In panick I pulled this big tumor (with strengh), And this's when I got really shocked:

in a loud sound "pa!" the meat ball was off her head! when it dropped down on the floor, it moved! Raccoon doesn't seem to be hurting at all, no blood. Quickly, I pulled the other one off her ear, and the other meat ball also moves on the ground! I looked more carefully, they actually have legs, they are some sort of insects with skin like shells! When I am typing this, I still felt kind of uneasy, so here I attach few photos I just took and hopefully someone could recognize what they are.

Now I have both of them put in a plastic bag, if anyone needed them, I could mail. From the bleeding ear, it seems these things live off raccoon's blood. And for days, these things don't move and stick to the same skin area of their host (at least the second insect living on her ear didn't move an inch within these three days), Their bodies look like balloons with air inside, their legs are tiny and can withdraw completely into the body).I checked raccoons entire body, there seem to be none other left.

Last morning I saw a bird whose feather is completlely dirt colored on the ground, (such a rare color), if not paying attention, the bird could be very difficult for human eyes to detect. However,these insects amaze me more, are they some type of new insects? This is my first post, will figure out how to upload pictures and thank you for reading.

image links to photobucket:
s1169.photobucket.com...
img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: adding photos

edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: edit photos

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by h13022489

Hello, OP, I also run into a weird insect and I hope someone here could help recognize if they are normal.
I will try to be as short as possible in the best way I could organize. Should anyone needed more background information, I will be replying as fast whenever as I can.

About a week ago, I was talking with a female neighbor (in Pekin) who just had a surgery removing tumor from her head. I saw many long grain rice shape meat balls (tumor like) sticking out her neck like leaves.

Three days ago, I saw there is a pea shape thing on the side of my raccoon dog's mouth (its saved since last year), its dark red/blue/black color like a small sarcoma (sarcoid), in one of her ear I found another meat ball similar in size. Not far from this meat ball in her ear, a small area seems to be bleeding (but not severe). Both meat balls look similar to the things I saw on my neighbor's neck. I tried to pull these two meat balls, both can't be moved.

Two days ago, I saw the thing on her(raccoon)'s mouth grow bigger in size. I squeezed and try to tell if a surgery is needed. They look like regular tumors and grow tightly on skin surface. Later I went online and searched pet's sarcoma. Its said normally these meat balls are results of eating too much meat or having kidney problems, one needs to oberve more to tell if they post severe danger to animals.

Yesterday, the bigger tumor suddenly disappeared from her mouth and I checked everywhere around her mouth there isn't any scar or sign of bleeding. Because she just ate some grass in the morning during walk I wasn't sure how this self healing happened, or maybe she just ate tumor herself! The second meat ball in her ear is still there, not bigger, not smaller.

Today, when I was petting her on the head, I was shocked to find another big meat ball sticking right out on her head! I was so scared she may have developed tumor all over her body. In panick I pulled this big tumor (with strengh), And this's when I got really shocked:

in a loud sound "pa!" the meat ball was off her head! when it dropped down on the floor, it moved! Raccoon doesn't seem to be hurting at all, no blood. Quickly, I pulled the other one off her ear, and the other meat ball also moves on the ground! I looked more carefully, they actually have legs, they are some sort of insects with skin like shells! When I am typing this, I still felt kind of uneasy, so here I attach few photos I just took and hopefully someone could recognize what they are.

Now I have both of them put in a plastic bag, if anyone needed them, I could mail. From the bleeding ear, it seems these things live off raccoon's blood. And for days, these things don't move and stick to the same skin area of their host (at least the second insect living on her ear didn't move an inch within these three days), Their bodies look like balloons with air inside, their legs are tiny and can withdraw completely into the body).I checked raccoons entire body, there seem to be none other left.

Last morning I saw a bird whose feather is completlely dirt colored on the ground, (such a rare color), if not paying attention, the bird could be very difficult for human eyes to detect. However,these insects amaze me more, are they some type of new insects? This is my first post, will figure out how to upload pictures and thank you for reading.

image links to photobucket:
s1169.photobucket.com...
img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: adding photos

edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: edit photos

Is that a serious story/question? Where are you from?

They're ticks, full of blood. The one on your dog's mouth fell off, as they do, and your dog probably ate it.

If this isn't a joke, gross for your neighbor's neck

Edit:
Sorry, see you're from Beijing. Aren't there ticks there?
edit on 14-6-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I am from Beijing. Yes, this was a serious question, it must have sounded like a poor joke, but no, I had never seen a tick. Had I know what it was, I wouldn't have thought taken raccoon to hospital.
Thanks for pointing out tport17, I'd clean up my bedroom, at least now I can relax. Just they are so big! Hopefully its not ticks around my neighbors neck
, but then they'd be tumors!

edit on 14-6-2012 by h13022489 because: add embarrassed sign

top topics

<<   2 >>

join