It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Things That The Mainstream Media Are Being Strangely Quiet About

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Great find!

We do the evacuation drills at my school, but there's no sinister plot to kidnap the children. After Columbine, schools began to take a closer look at their crisis plans, and realized schools should be prepared to deal with a situation like Columbine or Terrorist attack.

When we practice our drill, parents are informed the day before. Parents are not told the final meeting place. That way the community at large doesn't know our rendezvous location; otherwise it would be easy to cause a massacre. You'd call in a bomb threat or whatever, then be waiting at the final destination with some nasty surprises.

Has it really gone this far? How does the school district protect against the liability of moving the children without written consent? I know I would never give blanket immunity to anyone, even the schools which I do trust, for any of my children to be moved without my knowledge of their itinerary.

I know its crazy they don't do it here int he UK. I wonder why they are doing all this though its really strange

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

S & F

1) Sun acting up, hotter than usual, brighter - I live in the Midwest and now get as tan in 1 hour as when I was on Pensacola Beach, Fl in 8 hours.
2) Fukushima, not over yet - more here than most people can handle and since they cannot see, smell or feel radiation fall out they choose denial or "it's only going to affect the general area...........hello, it's still going on like the BP Oil Gusher is.
3) Volcanic activity increasing, quite a few are erupting, this will affect our atmosphere
4) Strange noises in the sky and on the earth.............? Maybe Mother Earth is groaning, crying out for humanity to stop raping and torturing her.
5) Earthquakes increasing both in frequency and severity..............? Maybe Mother Earth has had enough of the arrogant, blood sucking fleas on her back and trying to shake them (us) off.
6) Crazy Tornadoes, increasing in both frequency and strength. Maybe we have messed up our atmosphere so much that this is one of the aftereffects.
7) Obama, like Bush, just taking more and more liberties and acquiring more and more power away from the people. It's not him I'm worried about, it's the mighty and wonderful wizards behind the curtain pulling his strings. For the People and by the People is a illusion.
8) Evacuation of school children to undisclosed locations
Yeah right, our government can now lay claim to our children anytime they want and do anything to them they want.
9) Giant sinkholes.............Underground nuclear bombing or tunneling????? Earth fracturing????
10) Massive animal die offs.............hello, with BP Oil Spill, CorExit poured on top of that, Fukushima spewing in the air, ocean and with rainwater now all over our soil and everyone can't figure out why? I'm a simple housewife and I can tell you why................can you say pollution, radiation, oil, chemtrails, and all the other %rap humanity is pouring into our atmosphere, soil and water.

We are slowly torturing and killing the only chunk of rock most of us have to live on. Maybe some of the top elite do have a space station or another planet (Mars/other side of the Moon) but the majority of us are doomed to remain on this chunk of dirt floating in space and it's being ruined by a handful of greedy mfs.

So, safe journey and hope to see most (not all of you) on the other side.

Space brothers coming down here and saving our sorry butts.....................don't think so - some of them maybe re-terraforming our planet for their upgraded "new man".

Have a nice day and keep telling yourself everything is a-okay.

Most people cannot handle what is coming our way so they choose to go on with their mundane lives and comply up until their physical death occurs.

More people watch Dancing With The Stars, read whether or not Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton are wearing undies today and Twilight love novels.

What sells, sex, rock n roll and gossip.

People don't care because they don't really believe this will affect them or their kids.

Our news media want it this way - they are owned and paid by TPTB to entertain and keep us distracted.

To keep us working, producing right up to the very end.

There are more of us then them but we remain divided, distracted and dumbed down.

We are living in exciting times and I am ready for calm. I'm tired of exciting. I've had 50 years of exciting and with each decade it gets crazier and crazier.
edit on 16-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

Thank you

1 - The weather here in the UK is mad one min its freezing cold the next its hotter than ever! mad!

2 - Check out the video on that youtube channel which explains about possible airplane flight attendants getting sick from radiations.

3 - Indeed and the volcanic activity keeps increasing all over the world.

4 - The most interesting I think however I do think a few are faked just for popularity and disinformation

I think exciting that we are living in the end times we all have to do one thing in life and that is to die so we might as well all go out with a bang together ^_^

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
very good video (apart from annoying narrator)

Did not know about giant sinkholes in sweden, gonna do some more research on that

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

Whats annoying about the narrator?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds
reply to post by Mickles

Whats annoying about the narrator?

It's like he over-dramatises everything on this video

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

Oh no I just get very excited about the topics I talk about and it comes across dramatic I try my best not to for next video

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am happy with the positive comments I am happy many people in this forum are awake

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun

#2 Fukushima

#3 Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World

#4 Strange Sounds In The Sky

#5 Increase In Global Earthquakes

#6 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks

#7 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

#8 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools

#9 Giant Sinkholes

#10 Mass Deaths

2011 issues not talked about in the MSM:

#3 The crisis at Fukushima - um, still going on and not getting better, still not MSM reporting

#7 All over the world, huge cracks are appearing for no discernible reason.

#10 All over the United States, "active shooter drills" are being conducted in our public schools.

Top ten on CNN:

Go-go music pioneer Chuck Brown dies
Google search to become more human
Florida slayings circumstances unusual
Mladic 'slices throat,' growls at victims
Defense rests in John Edwards trial
Doctor: Zimmerman's nose was broken
Woman with flesh-eating bug improves
Natural causes in 'Swamp People' death
Study links NFL players, wounded vets
Travolta accuser drops suit
Which U.S. cities read the most?

Top ten FOX news

Murdered bride's sister says groom made phone call revealing 'bad fight'
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife found dead
Principal reassigned over alleged oral sex talk
Guatemalan mom asks US to return adopted child
Florida lowers passing grade for writing exam after majority of fourth-graders fail
Police warn Mississippi drivers of suspected fake cop
Groundskeeper fired after finding, turning over gun
Ethanol fears bring drivers to pricier 'pure' gas stations
Zimmerman had cuts, black eyes after shooting
'Terminator' actor Nick Stahl is missing, wife says

Nope, nothing about the real issues will ever see the light of the great MSM!

Sirric
edit on 16/5/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

John Swinton on the independence of the press

Variations on the quote below have been misattributed as a response to a toast, by John Swinton, as "the former Chief of Staff at the New York Times", before the New York Press Club in 1953. However, research reveals that Swinton (1829-1901), after moving to New York, wrote an occasional article for the New York Times and was hired on a regular basis in 1860 as head of the editorial staff. Afterward holding this position throughout the Civil War, he left the paper in 1870 and became active in the labor struggles of the day. He later served eight years in the same position on the New York Sun and later published a weekly labor sheet, John Swinton's Paper.

The remarks were apparently made by Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, probably one night in 1880. Swinton was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be goneThe business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes..

(Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun

#2 Fukushima

#3 Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World

#4 Strange Sounds In The Sky

#5 Increase In Global Earthquakes

#6 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks

#7 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

#8 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools

#9 Giant Sinkholes

#10 Mass Deaths

2011 issues not talked about in the MSM:

#3 The crisis at Fukushima - um, still going on and not getting better, still not MSM reporting

#7 All over the world, huge cracks are appearing for no discernible reason.

#10 All over the United States, "active shooter drills" are being conducted in our public schools.

Top ten on CNN:

Go-go music pioneer Chuck Brown dies
Google search to become more human
Florida slayings circumstances unusual
Mladic 'slices throat,' growls at victims
Defense rests in John Edwards trial
Doctor: Zimmerman's nose was broken
Woman with flesh-eating bug improves
Natural causes in 'Swamp People' death
Study links NFL players, wounded vets
Travolta accuser drops suit
Which U.S. cities read the most?

Top ten FOX news

Murdered bride's sister says groom made phone call revealing 'bad fight'
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife found dead
Principal reassigned over alleged oral sex talk
Guatemalan mom asks US to return adopted child
Florida lowers passing grade for writing exam after majority of fourth-graders fail
Police warn Mississippi drivers of suspected fake cop
Groundskeeper fired after finding, turning over gun
Ethanol fears bring drivers to pricier 'pure' gas stations
Zimmerman had cuts, black eyes after shooting
'Terminator' actor Nick Stahl is missing, wife says

Nope, nothing about the real issues will ever see the light of the great MSM!

Sirric
edit on 16/5/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

Same here in the UK just look on skynews and BBC news they mainstream media are run by the puppet masters no doubt the video about what is not being told will be taken off youtube in a few days

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The following is my own opinion:

The MSM do not report this information because those subjects are actually what's important and not what TPTB want the sheeple to know and maybe, possibly begin to think for themselves. NO! Cannot have that happen!

At work we (unfortunately) have to have the TVs on the news channels till the suits go home at 5. I can't stand to even look at it. The sound is down thank god. I swear, it's hours of the same three or four "breaking news" stories played and replayed incessantly! Politics, celebrities, attractive young women going missing on tropical islands ,etc. Even though hundreds of people go missing daily without one mention of them. No mention because they aren't young, attractive white females. I could go on and on about the crap they feed us. Those are just some examples.

Getting a little off topic but it just makes me sick. The news they broadcast is nothing but more brainwashing by whoever the hell it is running the show. I mean the BIG show.

None of these other very important matters get discussed because the cronies and minions running the information and "news" that gets broadcast don't want us to know or think of different possibilities going on in the world. They want us to sit on our butts, eat Doritos, drink Budweiser, watch sports and The Bachelor and read gossip about the all important celebrities whose lives are so very important to the grand scheme of things. /sarcasm

It's sickening. I don't watch the news. I can't stand watching the talking heads blather on, foaming at the mouth about inane subjects hour after hour, smiling and laughing and looking pretty for the sheeple. BARF!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Mickles

Oh no I just get very excited about the topics I talk about and it comes across dramatic I try my best not to for next video

That's too funny... Everyone is a critict, right! Excellent work my friend cheers!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The music was kind of happy and go lucky too while insinuation the end of the world is upon us hehehe.
I dont think its strange they are being quiet about all those things. The common populace cant sit around talk about said problems because they feel powerless against them and in the end feel like the source delivering the message is trying to make them unhappy. The reason we have a magazine on the rack called people magazine is its something people can understand or relate to. Thats why you see people magazine at the check out racks instead of popular science. I personally wish popular science mags sold more than people magazine. if it did we would be a less self absorbed and more intelligent race. They only shovel what sells down peoples throats.

So it doesnt surprise me that all the stories on fox and msn only talk about people instead of science.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I doubt it.

Our rendezvous location is a church half a mile from the school. If something of epic proportions occurs, then the evacuation would be pointless.

On the other hand, in the past ten years we've had armed gunmen on campus three times. Each time was a custody issue and resolved peacefully, but you never know. I have one student who's biological mother has made multiple death threats against. She was paroled about a month ago. Poor kid is so scared of her he begs to stay inside instead of going out for recess.

No, I really believe these drills are the direct result of our culture's continued spiral into violent self-destruction.

hmmm. if you don't tell the parents where you're taking thier children during these drills you probably shouldn't be blabbering about where the rendezvous point is on an open forum on the internet? just my two cents?? anyways, sorry for the distraction. carry on. birds are dying and what not.....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
The music was kind of happy and go lucky too while insinuation the end of the world is upon us hehehe.
I dont think its strange they are being quiet about all those things. The common populace cant sit around talk about said problems because they feel powerless against them and in the end feel like the source delivering the message is trying to make them unhappy. The reason we have a magazine on the rack called people magazine is its something people can understand or relate to. Thats why you see people magazine at the check out racks instead of popular science. I personally wish popular science mags sold more than people magazine. if it did we would be a less self absorbed and intelligent race. but they only shovel what sells down peoples throats.

So it doesnt surprise me that all the stories on fox and msn only talk about people instead of science.

If a preeminent New York journalist from 1880 can say the things we are talking about today,that should tell EVERYONE how long this has been going on.

Nothing really new,hey?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
yep one has to wonder the dynamics of running a media company. How to not turn-off your potential buyers and keeping the ones you have. They want to make money not save the planet. saving the planet usually doesnt make anyone any money common knowledge!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Wow, I already knew about all the things in the video except number 7, all thanks to ATS and I bet if I searched for the obama thing i'd find it on here! Show that video to a non-ats'er and they'd be so shocked.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
thanx for the post. i enjoy these compilations of truth!
everytime i come across one,i repost it on face book in hopes that at least one person 'gets it!'
i find that most people don't want to know the truth. when you speak of these topics to people,they either don't care,
or they think your a nut,or they treat you like a child by amusing you by listening!
it funny,but in the bible,in revelations,(no i'm not a christian!)it says 144000 will will survive the apocalypse.
judging peoples purposeful ignorance about what is really going on around them , perhaps there is some truth to this number!

Mmmmm!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I wonder why these procedures seem to vary from state to state. I have received memos from my children's school stating that in accordance with federal guidelines, emergency drills will be taken place at the school on such and such dates. But all the school seems to require is to have a plan formulated and implemented in case of a lockdown (such as Columbine) type of emergency where the whole school is locked and the teachers gather the children in a corner with the lights out and the blinds drawn. Until they get the okay they are to stay that way until further notice. There is nothing about taking them on a bus to another location although they have had bus drills on how to safely evacuate their bus in certain emergencies.

I would be very suspicious about why they would evacuate the children to a secret location? Wouldn't that be more dangerous in a Columbine type of event if the kids were to leave the building as opposed to a full lockdown in the school?
edit on 5/17/2012 by itsallmaya because: spelling error

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

You have to be very thick skinned to post in fourms and do youtube videos too

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join