It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Signs Your Neighbor is Brainwashed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
1) "George Bush is a decent man

Abraham Lincoln once said, "[I]f you want to test a man's character, give him power." If he steals power, however, the nature of his character is no longer in question. This week's out of court settlement with the NAACP over Florida's foray into election fraud confirms BBC's Greg Palast's report that the election was rigged. Yet pundits ignore this travesty, while referring to Dubya's decency in much the same way our ancestors spoke of Earth's flatness. Overlooking our thrice-arrested president's blatant disregard for civil rights, human rights and the environment, they continue to downplay scandals and downgrade their role as protectors of the public trust. But with oft-repeated quips like, "lucky me, I hit the trifecta" and "if this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier," G.W. offers a glimpse at his indecent inner frat boy. Especially revealing was a Talk Magazine interview, in which he mimicked death row inmate Karla Faye Tucker. "Please," Bush whimpered, mocking Tucker's plea for clemency, "don't kill me." Gallows humor is only funny when those telling jokes don't have the power to save people from the gallows.

2) "I have faith in our system of checks and balances."

Certainly, the uproar over Operation TIPs and recent court decisions on FBI abuses and secret deportation hearings are healthy signs. Except, of course, that controversial findings against Ashcroft's Justice Department will most likely be appealed before the same felonious five who handed down the 2000 selection. Chief Justice Rehnquist has already warned that, "in times of war, the laws are silent." Then, too, though the Constitution grants Congress the sole right to declare war, since 1948, America has been involved in approximately 250 military incursions without one single declaration of war. The Bush regime has already said they don't need Congress' approval on Iraq. So much for checks and balances.

3) "We have to defend ourselves, and the war on terrorism is the only way to do that."

Anyone who believes this war is simply a drive to eradicate terrorism must be brainwashed. The U.S. has been building military bases along proposed oil pipeline routes, and has its eye on the oil and gas reserves in the Caspian Sea region. All anyone need do is read Zbigniew Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard" or brush up on the Wolfowitz Doctrine to understand the not-so-hidden agenda behind U.S foreign policy. In recent appearance on Crossfire, Insight Magazine's Jamie Dettmer deftly addressed America's aim to control the oil fields in Iraq. "Nobody has suggested the United States is going into Iraq to control the oil," Tucker Carlson asserted, leaving some to wonder if Tucker's bow tie isn't too tight. "Let's not be unsophisticated about this," Dettmer replied, warning that, "in the end, if America doesn't restrain itself, [it's] going to provoke groupings of countries which will restrain America instead."

4) "Since September 11, George Bush has shown strong leaderships skills."

Since September 11, George Bush has led us away from progressive policies and alienated us from the rest of the world. British papers describe the biggest rift between Europe and the U.S. in more than 50 years, 85 percent of Germans no longer trust America, and veteran reporter Helen Thomas bemoans how, "friends and allies wonder what's happened to the United States." Our $7 trillion surplus has followed the president's example and gone AWOL, while unemployment, crime and intellectual numbness are on the rise. Under Bush's "leadership," the U.S. has become the kid who picks his nose in class. Those of us who love America are embarrassed; others are repulsed

5) "Europeans don't agree with us because they're effete appeasers."

Europeans don't agree with us because we're wrong. They understand the geopolitical motivations behind this war, as their press isn't as censored. In America, however, stories about Enron's involvement in the proposed oil and gas pipeline though Afghanistan were squashed, and if you wanted to know about the Taliban's trip to Texas, you had to learn about it in the National Enquirer rather than on Meet the Press.

6) "George Bush's administration is filled with solid, foreign policy pros

Aside from Colin Powell, George Bush's cabinet is swarming with neo-conservative ideologues who'd be clamoring for an attack on Iraq even if the atrocities of 9/11 hadn't occurred. Despite the chorus of countries opposed, Dick Cheney unilaterally forges ahead, while Donald Rumsfeld says he's certain America will receive backing from the international community. Meanwhile, the international community scratches its head and wonders what's become of our once great nation.

7) "George Bush is doing an excellent job in the war on terror."

Given limited media coverage, how would anyone know? Unless one digs through foreign press and alternative media reports, there's little to go by. When one reads reports from journalists like Seymour Hersh, however, a different picture emerges. Stability in Afghanistan is but a myth, warlords carry out atrocities without intervention, and the State Department is forced to guard President Karzai. Meanwhile, many warn that Bush's plans for Iraq could lead to Armageddon. Yet "Bush is doing an excellent job in the war on terror?" How?

8) "People who say the Bush administration 'let 9/11 happen' are conspiracy nuts."

Forget the president's odd behavior on September 11. Ignore that jets weren't scrambled from Andrews Airforce base, or that the FBI reportedly thwarted investigations. Pretend there are no connections between the Bushes, bin Ladens and the Saudis or that Bush #41 doesn't profit from this war through his connections with the Carlyle Group. Imagine, for a moment, it doesn't matter that those heading the closed-door investigation into 9/11 met twice with the former Pakistan intelligence chief, who reportedly helped finance Mohammed Atta. And never mind that, despite warnings, only 14 planes were defending our mainland on September 11. These oddities could be explained through coincidence and incompetence rather than complicity.

9) "The media is liberal

Ann Coulter complains about the liberal media through the "liberal media," where she's regularly given a forum, yet Michael Moore has appeared on less than a handful of shows, though his book's been a bestseller for six months. During the election, the corporately-controlled media portrayed Al Gore in a negative light, while touting Bush's phony ranch-hand charm, and according to a report in F.A.I.R (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting), 75 % of the dominant sources of opinion on all three major networks are Republican. Yet the brainwashed continue to believe the media has a liberal bias. Go figure.

10) "Saddam has weapons of mass destruction!"

This phrase has replaced, "Saddam gassed his own people!" as the #1 mantra of war-mongering dittoheads. But despite former weapons' inspector Scott Ritter's assertion that there's no proof Hussein has amassed weapons of mass destruction,

Democratic underground artice

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Honestly, if we go by all the criteria for who is brainwashed that gets posted on this site, then there isnt a single soul alive who isnt.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article dating back to 2002 and its definitely still revivant even today
on a side note it is also important to point out that it just may be a little bit biased but take from it what you will

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
this article is outdated and ridiculous plus its filled with half truths and VERY one sided (lefty much?)

I think I spot some lies too... Just straight up lies, I have to do research :-D i'll get back to this...

I think people who believe this article 100% are brainwashed :-p

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Kinda old news, don't you think? George Bush bashing can only go so far.

This is "liberal" propaganda. It is brainwashing all the same. The two parties are the same thing, and they have both been long hijacked. You couldn't possibly be intelligent or sane and side with either. If you really think you can judge someone based on what they think about George Bush, well, you're a day late and a dollar short.

Obama is the same as Bush is the same as every president before him and every one after.

You would have to be brainwashed to think these were the ways to tell the "brainwashed" people from everyone else. If you don't know the difference between the zombies and the ones with a pulse, you're a zombie.
edit on 16-5-2012 by doomweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Re the so called "liberal media", independant surveys have also shown that more than half of the reports on Obama in the media during his candidacy and presidency have been overwhelmingly negative.

So much for a left leaning liberal media.

Nice post, OP. S&F.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

why are you living 10 years in the past ?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And just as I thought;
It is the brainwashed here on ATS
who have the hardest time believing your thread.

These are the ones who are constantly told by screaming
AM radio right wing shock jocks, that everyone else
is brainwashed. So they are the toughest to convince.
Pretty brilliant scheme, actually.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Honestly, if we go by all the criteria for who is brainwashed that gets posted on this site, then there isnt a single soul alive who isnt.

The koo koo that is on to himself is half way out of the clock.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The final and most important sign that your neighbor is brainwashed :

11) Believing there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans in Washington.
12) GOP and DNC will pick party ideals over monetary influences from special interest groups and lobbyist.
13) Believing only the other party is corrupt.

edit on 16-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I do believe all of my neighbors forgot who George Bush is.

Oh,and 9/11 also.

They are more concerned about ,no jobs,stock market took all my money,and the weeds in they're grass.

Can't wait for the day tshtf,I will become they're great leader........Mu ha ha ha ha (evil laugh)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
#11 "Oh the mightyUSA will not collapse. This is nothing, the economy will be normal in time" This is what I'm hearing from the sheep

edit on 16-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He has a Romney sign in his front yard.

He has an Obama sticker on his car.

He drives a prius.

He thinks the federal reserve is part of the government.

He believes fair and balanced taxing means tax the rich more.

He is a Republican

He is a Democrat

He believes there is a difference in Repulicans or Democrats

He doesn't know who Ron Paul is.

He watch's Fox news for his information.

He watch's CNN for his information

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
NPCs don't have the awareness to understand. You can have a decent conversation with an NPC, eat with an NPC, even marry an NPC but in the end an NPC will be an NPC and could even possibly infect you and make you an NPC yourself. You can only change an NPC if you raise their awareness first.

Be careful when associating with NPCs.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are bigger issues than Geprge W. Bush that would confirm why your neighbour is brainwashed.

Heres a few of them
- Watching mind numbing TV shows (Media etc)
- Parents allowing their children to do the same
- Believing everything your government or any government official tells you
- Doing everything your government or any government official tells you

Unfortunetly with those points, everyone is most likely guilty so we are all screwed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
regarding George Bush, neighbors, people dont seem to believe or register

GWB was former pres GB's SON - and nuts, having the nerve to tell Americans in his speeches that God told him such and such

TPB put Clinton inbetween the too so US being under MONARCHIC rule wouldn't be so obvious

guess the neighbors too busy talking about terrorists at the local mosque planning the next 9/11

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I think you have to let go of your animosity toward Dubya. You have to remember that both the GOP and the DEM's have gotten us to where we are. I am an independent from Mass. and if there is anything I know about BRAINWASHING is when a person actually believes that THEIR PARTY is the GOOD ONE and has my interest at Heart. NOWTHAT IS BRAINWASHING!

The truth is...there is no other Country in the World where an individual has greater power to enact change than a Citizen of the United States. This whole mess we are in is OUR FAULT! We are the idiots that let it get so out of hand. We are also the ones that will put it right.

The one thing I know well about the United States is that it's Citizens are the driving force behind any economic recovery...not any President or Political Party. Small Business accounts for over 80% of all JOBS in the U.S. and what has either party done to help Small Business....ZERO...ZIP...NADA!

So DEM's and GOP...neither of you should get high and mighty...because you are not....the people are.

Split Infinity

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Why dont you retitle this to 'Ten Signs your neighbor supports Bush'?
Another Bush-bashing thread

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
NPCs don't have the awareness to understand. You can have a decent conversation with an NPC, eat with an NPC, even marry an NPC but in the end an NPC will be an NPC and could even possibly infect you and make you an NPC yourself. You can only change an NPC if you raise their awareness first.

(****raises hand******) What's an "NPC?"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by Mizzijr

(****raises hand******) What's an "NPC?"

"Non-Player Character". It's my new term for people who are brainwashed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join