It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Opens Investigation of JP Morgan Chase Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

FBI Opens Investigation of JP Morgan Chase Bank

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation said Wednesday that the agency has opened an investigation into JPMorgan Chase, the nation's largest bank.

Erik Gordon, a law and business professor at the University of Michigan, said the opening of an FBI investigation escalates pressure on the bank.
"The FBI are not guys looking for violations of civil and and securities law," Gordon said. "They look for one thing, and one thing only: criminality."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If one researches the current world banking industry, one will find JP Morgan Chase Bank at the heart. It remains to be seen if a serious investigation occurs or if this will become another "slap on the wrist."

I wasn't sure which forum to place this news in. If there is any true justice in this universe, this could develop into something significant and could be discussed in many different forums here on ATS.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am sure as we type here Senators are being called, Lobbyist dispatched, Money moved, vacations offered.

Nothing will come of this, as most a sacrificial lamb will be offered and fines paid.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

I am quite sure most of us would like to see this gain traction, but it seems altogether like a false sacrifice. These characters always have contingency plans for events such as these. They would simply open a new IBC and send ALL the capital offshore where it can't be touched. I was involved in a company and we looked at this once. The plan was to open three IBC's controlled by blind trusts controlled by trusts controlled by us, then take a lawyer who was single (not married and with no real ties) and put all the papers and the lawyer on a plane to travel around the world, constantly. That way, no one can find out who controls what or anyway to tax it, because there is no evidence, only papers in the air and unmarked accounts. JP Morgan et al know the tricks, if these guys get attacked, they'll be wearing teflon suits and the sh*t just won't stick.

But they do need to be brought down, if not just for the alleged artificial control over silver prices. I just have to wonder if it's a set-up or just another red herring in a long line of red herrings. You know the FBI, CIA, NSA, DOD, all the alphabet agencies are controlled in one way or another by the international banking cartel.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/16.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The industry pooched the economy back in 2007-2008 and there was no serious attempt to prosecute anyone for wrong doing. Then they parlayed that into the foreclosure debacle where fraud ran (runs) rampant and no one has been held accountable. Then MF Global screwed-over their depositors and nothing meaningful was done. (Just to name a few). Why would we think anything of substance would ever come of this?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I am sure as we type here Senators are being called, Lobbyist dispatched, Money moved, vacations offered.

Nothing will come of this, as most a sacrificial lamb will be offered and fines paid.

Although, while I believe tptb do sacrifice their own when forced too, I think in this case while maybe to big to fail, they may also be to big to be ignored as well. I do not know, considering the size of JPM and what is at stake there is a possibility that there is no possible way to sweep it under the rug, a mountain would be needed instead.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The industry pooched the economy back in 2007-2008 and there was no serious attempt to prosecute anyone for wrong doing. Then they parlayed that into the foreclosure debacle where fraud ran (runs) rampant and no one has been held accountable. Then MF Global screwed-over their depositors and nothing meaningful was done. (Just to name a few). Why would we think anything of substance would ever come of this?

I can't disagree with your skepticism or any other poster's skepticism. However, that in and of itself is telling. It tells us how disconnected our society has become. It tells us that we have all become cynics and no longer believe that justice is a possibility. It tells us that we all feel there are two different systems of justice here in America--one for the common man and another for the rich.

It tells me that a cauldron is boiling. Underneath the surface of our society, an unspoken understanding that the original values America was founded upon have crumbled into dust. It tells me that the beacon of hope that America was in the past, has now been extinguished. And that begs the question: How much longer are we going to allow ourselves to live in this world of darkness?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have a DAMN good feeling that the pressure and persistence from movements such as the Occupy movement are the direct result of the TONS of fat-cat resignations recently, and investigations into these BASTARDS such as JP Morgan...

This CRAP has GOT TO END!!!!!

Would be lots of public HANGINGS going on in the near future if REAL JUSTICE COULD BE SERVED here... The EXTINCTION of ALL of these corrupt SNAKES in the world would be a WIN-WIN for this planet...

edit on 16-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i believe it when obummer takes his 500k out of JP, until then it's just a dog n pony show.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Maybe I'm ignorant here, but why does the FBI have to investigate? Isn't this private money and a private company?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am actually at the point of not even caring anymore. Too many smoke screens here and there and real justice never takes place. Sure the government collects several millions(maybe even billions sometimes) in fines, but with "no contest" it pretty much ensures a perpetual cover-up.

The biggest crime of all is the trilions of quantitive easing bailouts over the last 4-6 years. Plus the trillions missing from the pentagon. Nation rebuiding, insider trading violations, job outsourcing, oil speculation based on lies, etc.

It is mind boggling!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by km22453
Maybe I'm ignorant here, but why does the FBI have to investigate? Isn't this private money and a private company?

There are many ways to answer this question, but let's start here: abcnews.go.com...

And when our dollar is falling in value and one protection the public has is to invest in precious metals, who manipulates the silver market to keep the prices artificially low?
silverstockreport.com...

Remember Bernie Madoff? He had a private company that used private money. Ask his clients whether or not they should have been warned about criminal behavior.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm not going to hold my breath that we are going to get a fair investigation of JP Morgan Chase Bank, but if we did and the true culprits were put behind bars (i.e. Jamie Dimon) we would be having a field day here at ATS. This subject could be discussed in multiple forums and threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-5-2012 by 1questioner because: word

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure that'll be a completely objective investigation, devoid of political and financial agendas. Why do they even bother with the whole dog and pony show at this point?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49
Yeah, I'm sure that'll be a completely objective investigation, devoid of political and financial agendas. Why do they even bother with the whole dog and pony show at this point?

Obviously they want us to think something is being done. It'll drag on and on, and eventually they'll agree to pay a fine of a few billions, which will go to the government, and thus right back to JPM, who owns the government--and all will be right with the world. The public will think justice has been done, and that will be that....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Maybe they're realizing the FBI better get on the banks before the people get on the FBI and the other 3-letter agencies.

Tick tock tick tock...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Earlier this week, JPMorgan Chase Chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon addressed the issue with shareholders and said, "This should never have happened.'

"I can't justify it. Unfortunately, these mistakes were self-inflicted,” added Dimon.

rt.com...

It seems like JD doesn't think that this deserves investigation, because he thinks no one else was harmed. Little does he know, the $2B that was lost pales in comparison to the $17B in market capitalization that the shareholders lost.

I think he was covering his arse by feigning ignorance.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Jesus flailed the money changers..... I'm just saying, how foul do you have to be to get beat down by Jesus?
I don't understand how these people keep getting away with this tripe?
These are the guys that got tax money to bail them out after they ran their business into the ground.
Bailing out retards is not free market capitalism, it's keeping a bloated, sociopathic, system of usery alive.
I think it's time to ask ourselves WWJD?
The answer is issue a curb stomping of biblical preportions, pun intended, on the money changers.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The industry pooched the economy back in 2007-2008 and there was no serious attempt to prosecute anyone for wrong doing.

If there was a serious attempt to prosecute those responsible, there would be alot of politicians with the letter "D" behind their name, behind bars.

Madoff didn't just make bad investments, he committed fraud. That's why he was put in jail.

new topics

top topics

join