It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Inserts Himself in White House Bios of Past Presidents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Can everyone just breathe in and calm down a bit. Calm and collected is the way to go forward.

Thank you.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not surprised this kind of garbage is coming from Breitbart.com

Just more issues that the GOP likes to get riled up about. Falls right along with Gay Marriage.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Why? Is he worried people are going to forget him?

Originally posted by sonnny1
This President,is such a joke.....

edit on 16-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

You're right, I can't understand why people would vote for him, or Romney. Crap Sandwich and Douche Bag must be an acquired taste.

thats turd sandwich and giant douche.

But still - nice referencing, that episode was very true in that those are the only people who suck and brown nose their way that much to reach the top. South park = gold

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Yup, its good to step back from time to time, Cheers to ya gem.. I'm out for some netflix! lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by sonnny1

How is he manipulating biographies? All I see are snippets at the bottom of select biographies that say "Did you know?"

Calvin Coolige ;

Did you know? On Feb. 22, 1924 Calvin Coolidge became the first president to make a public radio address to the American people. President Coolidge later helped create the Federal Radio Commission, which has now evolved to become the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.

I fail to see any "manipulation" going on there.

ma·nip·u·late: to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage

Who's advantage is it then ? Who's supposed achievements did he put in there ?

The creation of the FCC wasn’t even one of Coolidge’s top ten accomplishments as president. But it allows Obama to brag about how he uses Facebook, so now it’s one of Coolidge’s most important achievements.

Simple really.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I have been lurking on this site for a little while now and I came across this thread.

I created an account on this site just to respond to it.

Before I post my view on this subject, let me just say this. I don't vote. I hate where this country is headed, and I have absolutely no faith in our current government. I am neutral, and I have my own "out there" views on things.

But I have to say the following:

1.) The story that you linked is an opinion piece, based on a (seemingly negative) bias, so it will be somewhat twisted to make is seem however good or bad the writer of the piece wants it to, in the case negative.

2.) The article has an excerpt that states "The biographies are largely designed for students, so they can research the history of the White House occupants". - Did you actually go to Whitehouse.gov and read the biographies yourself? You will see that the biographies themselves weren't changed to include Obama. There is a "Did you know" section at the end of each biography that tries to explain any policy or work that the current president (Obama) is involved in and how it is somewhat related to things mentioned within the biography. I can see that as trying to help the students understand how the current president ties into previous ones.

3.) Did you happen to read these biographies when Bush was president? I didn't. How do we know that Bush didn't have a similar "Did you know" section while he was president?

Don't get me wrong, I think government is all a facade, and I am not saying that they are innocent of anything, however I think that an opinion piece is just that. In this case it seems that you are discussing an opinion piece as fact. To me, it is not true that Obama is "Inserting himself into the bios of past presidents".

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
1. See, the issue is that Obama doesn't need to act superior, when there's someone out there who is willing to do it for him. (Don't get me wrong, some Bush supporters did it too.)

www.youtube.com...
And I Quote: "Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama's had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he he has a very different job from Reagan was all about America, and he talked about it. Obama is 'we are above that now.' We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something - I mean, in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."

2. Second. Even if we back off and don't call him a bunch of things he may well be, we're still dealing with how his information pops up in another president's bio, for any reason. Any president I want to see in another's Bio is someone that President had direct interaction with on a topic that's pertinent to enough to be in a shortened Bio. All the rest is useless.

edit on 17-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This President,is such a joke.....

Then why are none of us laughing?

Having been raised in Springfield Illinois and spending the first ten years out of high school working for the Illinois Legislature (Patronage job) let me offer with some authority and from quite a bit of personal experience a simple rule to follow;

If a politician from Illinois runs for POTUS again, just ignore him. It will be best for all concerned.

I think Mark Twain from neighboring Missouri said it best;

“I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately.”

I believe he wrote this when he was in Connecticut, but it describes the political atmosphere in Illinois right down to the ground.

If a POTUS this ridiculous doesn't snap us out of our trance and get us to elect someone real again instead of professional thieves and liars as we have been, then we should all just sign everything we own over to the Government and stop prolonging the inevitable.

I mean c'mon now!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

what a tool.

get over yourself obama.

Unfortunately I fear people are gonna look back and take a negative racist p.o.v on this kind of tampering.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
1. See, the issue is that Obama doesn't need to act superior, when there's someone out there who is willing to do it for him. (Don't get me wrong, some Bush supporters did it too.)

cant see the movie

embedding fail.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
y-vid stuff set up right, just added the link below it.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

This may work

(caption)

Uploaded by MarcusCMarcellus on Jun 6, 2009

June 6, 2009: "Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama's had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he he has a very different job from Reagan was all about America, and he talked about it. Obama is 'we are above that now.' We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something - I mean, in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."

"Yeah," Chris "shiver up my leg" Matthews whines back.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
BUt, and this is a big but: It's commentary like this on a media source that sets up the whole "Fox News claiming all other sources are Liberal worhsippers". lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Your post was the first I saw that made sense.
I followed the links to the .gov site and what everyone failed to mention was that all the contention is about a small 'Did you know?' section, under the bio's of past presidents. (Blackmarketeer, I know you mentioned this; thought I'd reiterate.)

--You all prove yourself no better than those you condemn, when you jump on the band wagon to bash Obama consciously leaving your blinkers on...
If you really want to bash the man, at least do some research into the true dirty dealings of policies and the POTUS... That would be a conspiracy

this thread is a conspiracy by YOU against a man.. pretty petty if you ask me.

con·spir·a·cy : 4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design
conspiracy

There's no dirt here, you're all swinging the gavel on such a trivial issue.

ps. I'm no Obama supporter, but this is ridiculous.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

And it's not like every president's bio has this, it's only a select few. But the Article in the OP made it seem as if they went and edited the biographies of EVERY president to make the reader believe that their accomplishments were thanks to President Obama.

People who go to that site do it for mostly education purposes, and those short "did you know" snippets are only there to help the reader compare the things accomplished by past presidents to things President Obama has done.

No manipulation whatsoever

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm sorry muse, but it makes Obama sound like the guy who wants credit for a report because he stapled it after I was done writing it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Your post was the first I saw that made sense.
I followed the links to the .gov site and what everyone failed to mention was that all the contention is about a small 'Did you know?' section, under the bio's of past presidents. (Blackmarketeer, I know you mentioned this; thought I'd reiterate.)

--You all prove yourself no better than those you condemn, when you jump on the band wagon to bash Obama consciously leaving your blinkers on...
If you really want to bash the man, at least do some research into the true dirty dealings of policies and the POTUS... That would be a conspiracy

this thread is a conspiracy by YOU against a man.. pretty petty if you ask me.

con·spir·a·cy : 4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design
conspiracy

There's no dirt here, you're all swinging the gavel on such a trivial issue.

ps. I'm no Obama supporter, but this is ridiculous.

Actually,ATS is filled with Conspiracy's about Obama.

From NDAA to Assassinating US Citizens,to Fast and Furious,to 20000 drones flying in our sky's.

Obama has failed America,in many ways. This example is one that shows how he has no regard for Past Presidents,all the while mocking any achievements they made,by instilling his so called " victory's" as a footnote onto Past Presidential bio's. Its the glorification that MANY feel,is the epitome of an ego-maniacal President. Its also has been proven,NO President,has done this,from Clinton to Bush,who both, had the chance to do so. It might be trivial to you, but not to me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well there is no evidence of manipulation going on in any of the biographies just a couple of "Did you know" snippets at the bottom.

So continue making a big deal out of nothing like you guys have been doing since the beginning of the thread

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by beezzer

Well there is no evidence of manipulation going on in any of the biographies just a couple of "Did you know" snippets at the bottom.

So continue making a big deal out of nothing like you guys have been doing since the beginning of the thread

Okay.

We will.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join