It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Inserts Himself in White House Bios of Past Presidents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So, would any Obama link to Bill Ayers be appropriate than?? You can paint any "author" as you please but it doesnt really matter who wrote the column does it. It matters about the substance.

Edit: forgot the "R"
edit on 16-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The only thing self explanatory to me is...he is a brilliant speaker/writer. Are you saying only dumb people have a right to have an opinion on Obama, that is not flattering to Obama.

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Really is amazing the lengths that people go to defend their messiah.

Second.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This really shouldn't surprise anyone, with the obamas it's all about them and nothing else. But here's something to think about. 1) with someone as vain as obama, what will happen if he doesn't get re-elected? I don't see him or his wife michael being gracious losers. or 2) (shudder) if he gets re-elected I see him going wild with power since he doesn't have to worry about another pesky election again.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Here is the author of the original commentary: Seth Mandel

Seth Mandel is Assistant Editor of COMMENTARY magazine.

Again: SELF EXPLANATORY.

COMMENTARY is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life. Since its inception in 1945, and increasingly after it emerged as the flagship of neoconservatism in the 1970s, . . www.commentarymagazine.com...

And...you are saying what.....other than your ever popular, self explanatory comment.

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Barack has been involved in everything.
He seems to be a Forest Gump wannabe.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
As we continue. Apparently - this began as a tweet from: Rory Cooper

ALL - - SELF EXPLANATORY.

RORY COOPER - Before joining Heritage in 2008 as director of strategic communications, Cooper served for more than seven years in the administration of George W. Bush, completing his service as a senior policy adviser at the Department of Energy.

Between 2001 and 2004, Cooper was an aide in the Bush White House, first as associate director of policy and plans in the newly formed Office of Homeland Security, then as associate director of intergovernmental affairs for the Homeland Security Council.

THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION - The Heritage Foundation is an American conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C. Heritage's stated mission is to "formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense".

The foundation took a leading role in the conservative movement during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, whose policies drew significantly from Heritage's policy study Mandate for Leadership. Heritage has since continued to have a significant influence in U.S. public policy making, and is considered to be one of the most influential conservative research organizations in the United States. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sure, that's the ticket! If you cannot refute the facts, then attack the messenger. Logical fallacies are always good fun. I'd go on, but I am afraid you couldn't figure out what this post was even about, and then go and research the author of it just to further derail a thread.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ever heard of the PNAC - - PROJECT FOR THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY?

HERITAGE FOUNDATION - - - - same group.

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. that lasted from 1997 to 2006. It was co-founded as a non-profit educational organization by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal was "to promote American global leadership.] Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity." The PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-5-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes, I am sure we have all heard of that group. Obama is now apart of that group. Or did you miss the BOMBINGS in the Middle East during the first 4 years of Obamas term.

I remember this, Obama PROMISED that he would return ALL the Troops during his term. Guess what???

This isnt the only thing he promised and didnt deliver.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Obama promised to turn water in to wine!

No wait that was the federal reserve printing fiat currency.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised? This is coming from a guy who seems to have an ego the size of the Grand Canyon. Would not his own personal biography be adequate to convey his continuance of other Presidents' legacies? Furthermore, I thought getting the message out about some of the stuff highlighted in these former Presidential bios would be mentioned in future debates, illustrated in literature, and portrayed in commercials as his campaign gathers steam?

Is it not prohibited to use official government equipment, employees, or funds for an office seeker's personal campaign? To me, these little footnotes look a heck of a lot like violating that rule? Although subtle, there is a campaign message to be found in these remarks on an official government website. Perhaps, my interpretation is skewered, or perhaps not?

I think this matter is pertinent, because it seems to be breaking campaign rules? It gives the President an unfair advantage over his competition by using the vast resources of the Federal Government for his own personal and political gain. This matter could be deemed as small and trite to others, but it is clearly pushing the envelope. The pushing will continue on to bigger and better things if little intricacies are not called out at the very onset. Since so many have provided levity to this one. I thought I would share one of my all time favorites. An oldie but goodie.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am a Obama supporter, and I am a devout Obama supporter. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Obama. I believe that that Obama gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Obama set by stealing from the evil rich and feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful. I didn't 'fall out in church of Obamas they say, but there was a very strong awakening in me of the importance of these issues in my life. I didn't want to walk alone on this journey. Accepting Obama in my life has been a powerful guide for my conduct and my values and my ideals." Obama prayer 2012

A moment of silence please while we honor the most holy obama.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jakes....wait until you see his rewrite of the Bible......

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh, I will cancel my evening engagements to read that. Can you say New York Times best seller.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Read the PNAC. www.newamericancentury.org...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following site is not a site I would normally link to. I am only linking to it - - because it lays out what the PNAC says. Because I know you won't go read it on the PNAC.

Lets Not Forget: Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Becoming President By Neil Mackay 15 September 2002: A SECRET blueprint for US global domination reveals that President Bush and his cabinet were planning a premeditated attack on Iraq to secure 'regime change' even before he took power in January 2001. The blueprint, uncovered by the Sunday Herald, for the creation of a 'global Pax Americana' was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice- president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), George W Bush's younger brother Jeb and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences: Strategies, Forces And Resources For A New Century, was written in September 2000 by the neo-conservative think-tank Project for the New American Century (PNAC). The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says: 'The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.' The PNAC document supports a 'blueprint for maintaining global US pre-eminence, precluding the rise of a great power rival, and shaping the international security order in line with American principles and interests'. This 'American grand strategy' must be advanced for 'as far into the future as possible', the report says. It also calls for the US to 'fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars' as a 'core mission'. The report describes American armed forces abroad as 'the cavalry on the new American frontier'. The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document written by Wolfowitz and Libby that said the US must 'discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role'. The PNAC report also: l refers to key allies such as the UK as 'the most effective and efficient means of exercising American global leadership'; l describes peace-keeping missions as 'demanding American political leadership rather than that of the United Nations'; l reveals worries in the administration that Europe could rival the USA; lt says 'even should Saddam pass from the scene' bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will remain permanently -- despite domestic opposition in the Gulf regimes to the stationing of US troops -- as 'Iran may well prove as large a threat to US interests as Iraq has'; www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I know.

I know its SHOCKING!

That a sitting president would actually use the Official White House Web Site - - - as a teaching tool.

The HORRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why are you still even talking?

Care to discuss the topic or something?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That a sitting president would actually use the Official White House Web Site - - - as a teaching tool.

Wouldn't call that a teaching tool I call it teaching people what to think instead of how to think.

Liberals took over the education system in this country that has produced nothing but mass morons hell only natural to take over the white house site.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's twice as hysterical as Blackmarketeer's act...a teaching tool...you're a riot. I can't wait to catch your next act.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join