It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Inserts Himself in White House Bios of Past Presidents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Had to share this, since he did single-handidly kill Osama bin Laden

+5 more 
posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In the beginning President Obama created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of President Obama moved upon the face of the waters.

And President Obama said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And President Obama saw the light, that it was good: and President Obama divided the light from the darkness.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of President Obama moved upon the face of the waters.

And President Obama saw the light, that it was good: and President Obama divided the light from the darkness.

Excuse me JPZ, but when you quote from his biography, you really should be using quotes.

+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Kneel before the holy Obama may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I want so badly to post this in the religious forum....stay hand, stay....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The source you used is laughable.

A website run by a dead man? Or just the brown-nosers that latched onto him?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Then go to whithouse.gov

Below a link to Calvin Coolidge

Obama invented links

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Very funny! I love it.

This is the kind of humor that is hard to put a partisan spin on because it mocks and supports those on both sides at the same time.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was referring to Breitbart.

Why would someone use that source when they could have linked directly like you did?

link   

I am an equal opportunity mocker.

link   
Yes Yes that is just so laughable how about people clicking on this link and go read some presidential "history".

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Under Carter:

Did you know?

In 1977, President Jimmy Carter created the Department of Energy; today the DOE works with the Obama Administration to drive towards innovation in energy and reducing reliance on foreign oil with an “all of the above” approach.

Oh that one is "rich".

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Because the story added depth. Just because it was on breitbart, doesn't mean that it is false. On the contrary, Breitbart showed us that there was a story.

Carter

•In 1977, President Jimmy Carter created the Department of Energy; today the DOE works with the Obama Administration to drive towards innovation in energy and reducing reliance on foreign oil with an “all of the above” approach

Reagan

•President Reagan designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national holiday; today the Obama Administration honors this tradition, with the First and Second Families participating in service projects on this day.
•In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule.

Bush

•President Barack Obama awarded George H.W. Bush the 2010 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, for his commitment to service and ability to inspire volunteerism throughout the country, encouraging citizens to be “a thousand points of light.” The administration continues to promote service and civic engagement, honoring heroes of local communities as “Champions of Change” and fostering civic participation.

Clinton

•Continuing his work as a lifelong public service, Clinton created the Clinton Foundation in 2001 to improve global health, education, economies and environments. Affectionately calling him “Do-Gooder-in-Chief”, President Obama has worked with Clinton to make buildings in our country more efficient—announcing a $4 billion investment in energy efficiency upgrades for commercial buildings.
•In 2009, former President Clinton partnered with 43rd President Bush to help rebuild Haiti, after the country was devastated by an earthquake.

Nothing on Bush II

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

GWB

President Obama further expanded the war on terror enacted the NDAA,SOPA,ACTA,further expanded the patriot act powers signed the Frank Dodd Act continued GWB's club Gitmo and started assassinating American citizens on foreign soil.

Brief summary that will never be on the whitehouse propaganda site.
edit on 16-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
HAHAHA this is too funny. Too bad it's not the kind of funny OP and the rest of the posters in this thread think it is!

1. Brietbart.com is continuing to prove how irrelevant it is becoming by finding increasingly hyper-partisan nitpicky things to complain about.

2. NO WHERE in ANY of the president biographies does Obama "insert" himself! The biographies, which were started BTW in 2009, appear well written (*). It's only at the bottom of the page in a "did you know"-style PSA (public service announcement) that Obama says anything like "Obama administration held a 50-year commemoration for the start of the Peace Corps (under the JFK page) or some such for other pages. This portion of the site appears to be fluid, unlike the Presidential biographies which appear static. I imagine the intent is that as future events are held they'll continue to be added, as older events are removed after a period of time.

I checked the Wayback Machine and confirmed that several of these "did you knows" have in fact changed over time, or were added to pages that didn't have them earlier. Again, all these biographies have only been added to the WH site since 2009. Chances are good that future presidents will continue to add their own names to these as they hold commemorations or other honorary events for a particular past president.

So the question is, what's the big fat hairy deal and why is Brietbart showing us just how inconsequential their site is becoming now that Andrew Brietbart is dead? Seriously, this is what they have to waste internet bandwidth on? i remember Andrew Breitbart's jumping on Arianna Huffington over partisan attacks that weren't real journalism and now we get Brietbart.com doing the same, maybe even worse. We get it, they don't like the current POTUS, but attacks like this really turn people off and only show how petty and demeaning Brietbart.com is becoming.

BTW I was a peace corps member for several years so that's why I pointed out that one, having a current admin recognize your organization for a 50-year commemoration is a big deal, no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office chair. I saw nothing wrong with that "did you know" addition to JFK's page. It didn't detract from his biography at all.

I stand by the challenge that Obama did not "insert" his name into any of those biographies. As the site states (*) :

The Presidential biographies on WhiteHouse.gov are from “The Presidents of the United States of America,” by Michael Beschloss and Hugh Sidey. Copyright 2009 by the White House Historical Association.
Only where Obama held an event/commemoration or other honorary function did he mention those as a "did you know" - AFTER the biography in a separate part of the page.

Now please, return to your Obama-bash fest in celebration of Brietbart.com turning into the very thing he once decried.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It's only at the bottom of the page in a "did you know"-style PSA (public service announcement)

Now that's hysterical. Easily the funniest thing in this thread. Public Service Announcement. I can't wait to catch your next act.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh thank you for permission to go back to the thread topic....

Des

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Your defense of Obama earned you a Jonny Depp look of disdain.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fo sho

Some people really do think Obama walks on water idolatry is a cancer in the American psyche.

Go figure

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
he gives me the hee bee jeebies, just the whole falseness of him ( don't even mention the wife)

A man of precious little substance with a huge ego

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join