It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Inserts Himself in White House Bios of Past Presidents

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do not mistake my hope for humanity as cynicism. It is shamefully narrow minded to take my criticisms of out of control government and call that cynicism. It is ridiculously cynical to suggest that only through enlargement of an all ready out of control government can humanity be saved. Here in the United States there exists, not only a federal Constitution, but every single state has a Constitution as well, and every single one of these Constitutions are a profound indictment on government, not on the people, but on government. One could suggest that these Constitutions are cynical, but the profound faith they place in the people is ever apparent.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It's a bit of a paradox, this notion of government and leadership, and I agree with the OP and others here that Obama's "star power" is ridiculous and absurd, just like the tabloid-esque rantings of talking heads on CNN and Fox news, it's like a circus these days, and the people, they seem to be viewed by their own government as some sort of collectivist, dumbed down herd and Obama, he plays right into this, even dumbing down his language and intonation depending on the crowd, it's all ridiculous and I can't stand it, and I'm not even an America citizen, and of course our prime Minister Stephen Harper, he's as slick and self-serving a political operative as they come.

In truth, the sense I have is that they don't really know what they are doing, and for the most part are just putting on a show, trying to look and sound like they have all our best interests at heart, when in truth they're just as lost as the next guy!

It would be funny if it wasn't squeezing the people dry and sucking out the marrow from an increasingly outdated "civilization".

It's Civility that is being lost, and by Civillity I mean - consciously motivated organizational behavior that is ethical in submission to the highest principal of truth, justice and freedom and equality for one and all, and equal opportunity for one and all ie: the opportunity to pursue the "American dream" whatever that might be for each individual.

But again, economic viability of the nation as a whole is also vital in order for those mutual best interests to be upheld and maintained.

It's all part of the paradox of responsible leadership.

You can't just be anti-Obama or anti-government however just because government is "bad".

That said, they shouldn't be flying armed drones over the continental USA or deploying the armed forces on the homeland as a defense against the people as a prospective enemy, either.

1st things 1st the size of the government, and the military industrial establishment, along with the Pentagon budget, ought to be cut in HALF.

Anyway, I'm rambling here and in the process don't look all that bright myself!

edit on 17-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

A paradox is a contradictory conclusion. In this universe there are no contradictions, and when one stumbles upon a contradiction all they need to do is reexamine their premise.

You are correct that these so called "leaders" don't really know what they are doing, but it is also correct that we get the government we deserve. We have buffoons pretending to be "leaders" because we the people keep looking to buffoons to give us something.

I have often heard it said that if the leaders would only lead the leaders would surely follow, but surely truer than this is that if the people would only lead, the leaders would have no choice but to follow.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Its all showbiz always was, hence the rhetoric, no different than a salesman. I sense this untruthful thread as being showbiz from the right wing, perhaps factional ultra right wing, that's not so nice.

edit on 17-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Or it could be what it exactly looks like. Which is, Instead of the yes we can time for change great new hope president that all the Barakians voted for, it turned out to be the hand picked, bankster groomed, wolf in sheep's clothing, media fabricated, same old middle east policy forwarding, yes man dunce the Madman Obama.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Do not mistake my hope for humanity as cynicism. It is shamefully narrow minded to take my criticisms of out of control government and call that cynicism. It is ridiculously cynical to suggest that only through enlargement of an all ready out of control government can humanity be saved. Here in the United States there exists, not only a federal Constitution, but every single state has a Constitution as well, and every single one of these Constitutions are a profound indictment on government, not on the people, but on government. One could suggest that these Constitutions are cynical, but the profound faith they place in the people is ever apparent.

No disrespect to what you say but, Wisconsin was the state that accommodated a petty and probably false, time wasting trial against Leo Wanta. That could only have come from the Federal government.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I am not clear how that contradicts anything I said.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Annee

Still doesn't explain Lybia.

What's Lybia?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I think it's a fantastic idea. The problems I've noticed with education are due to the teachers being human beings. They introduce their prejudices, religion, and lust to the classroom. Your system solves that and accelerates those who wish to and can go further. I only ask that it has an LCARS GUI.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Wolfenz

I think Its Great Trend for the Future Presidents Comparing themselves to The Past Presidents
if that what is Going to go on the White House Site !

Even if his "accomplishments" were not at all accomplishments ?

Thats like saying Obama deserves his "Peace Prize" for keeping Gitmo opened.

Its disingenuous BS,plugging himself,as a footnote.

He has his own website,selling trinkets and such,not to mention ALL his campaign videos exulting himself as the best President ever.

I am tired of this mans crusade,to make himself "look" better then any other President.

As i said,,, I would have a Real problem if he is still has his Name Plastered
on the White House site after he Out of the White House !!

as I SAID !! FUTURE PRESIDENTS the Starting Trend .... not Just Obama ... Others AFTER him ....

If Bush Jr were doing the Same thing He wouldn't get Far Would He in Accomplishments ?

Well Lets have a Best Accomplishments of Presidents Thread !

OK I see your Point Maybe ....

but...

Who is Better Political Puppet Bush JR or Obama ?

Who is Ranked Best and Worst

What President that been Slammed ridiculed , Disrespected , the Most ?

What President has Been Loved and Appraised the Most ?

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Annee

Still doesn't explain Lybia.

What's Lybia?

Sorry, misspelled it. But not by enough to not understand what was meant.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by smurfy

I am not clear how that contradicts anything I said.

I mentioned Wisconsin because I had looked at their constitution when researching Ambassador Leo Wanta. That constitution actually reads pretty well, but in the case of Wanta, they acted in the place of the Federal government, and it was they, (Wisconsin state) who contacted the Swiss who detained him in prison there for some time, despite Wisconsin state having no international agreements with any foreign country, the realm of the Federal government. This means that it's not just state systems that are corrupt, but so were was the Federal government, and also foreign governments, and individuals who were officials of all those parties who were chasing after trillions of dollars, that Wanta was the only trustee of. So my point was, big government, little government, makes no difference they all bend the law and are corrupt. What needs change is the system of governments in a mainly capitalist world, with all the right checks and balances in order, and an end to cabals, because there are people you just can't trust. Wanta is the good apple in a barrel of rotten ones, he was a CIA operative who was head and the trustee of a 'government corporation', (CIA) in charge of trillions in todays money virtue of President Ronald Regan's Presidential order in an effort to destabilise Russia.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

naaah, dude. we're all iraqi and pakistani and we're against uav attacks and bombing of innocent civilians. if "that" is "hatred of obama" well... what does that make you? oh, sorry. this is the barf certificate thread right and not a thread about barry's overall achievements and contributions to this wonderful society of ours? my bad. i was wrong. you were right. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join