Obama Inserts Himself in White House Bios of Past Presidents

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I'm just hoping if he get's reelected that the US will invest heavily in EDUCATION, so that everyone doesn't end up speaking like Sarah Pallin!

Since 1970 trillions have been spent on education and they produced Obama money is not the solution someone with any education whatsoever would know that.

As far as I know Obama is well educated, and yes, money helps when you need things like high banwidth technology, first rate teachers, well maintained and equipped schools without cutbacks on various programs for the kids, etc etc.

I'm worried about the dumbing down of the USA, where unbacked statements are made with hyperbole yet lacking in substance, just to try to prove a point.

edit on 17-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And i disagree money is not the solution and Obama being well educated oh definatley disagree.

Second.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And i disagree money is not the solution and Obama being well educated oh definatley disagree.

Second.

Obama is a good example of a Paper Tiger education.

The dangerous problem is that his political policies are the opposite. As in Extremely Harmful

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

money is not the solution

Yea, that's like paying someone to be concerned about our children's education. Perhaps they could fake it for the right price.

In dealing with my schools and colleges and my daughter's schools, I've discovered teachers, for the most part, to be self centered. There's also sexual drama between the staff, and between the staff and the students. It's going to take regulation to fix education.

I took some courses in education to see if it was for me. It was like studying law. I learned all the things I'm not allowed to do to the children
. Wow, how did that get to be the emphasis? I observed at a middle school. The kids liked me. The teachers didn't. I'm pretty sure that someone who is actually interested in teaching isn't very welcome in our schools.

Oh, on topic, Obama was my 3rd grade teacher. He inspired me to build a rocket which I took to the moon.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i think we should just have a thread with all obama pictures. so those of us here for the laughs can do so without the mindless bickering between obama supporters and bashers lol

none of your arguments are getting you anywhere, on either side lol people here just dont listen.
but for the record, i do think obama is a joke

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Second.

Perhaps I should have said invest AND overhaul. Let me explain, to give an example of what might be possible for the future of the USA within the context of an increasingly competitive global marketplace, for which ingenuity and education will be a precious commodity.

Let's say, if anything is possible, given the will, and the money, that the US Government, as part of a P3 (public private partnership) were to build a 21st century high bandwidth "information superhighway" to every school in the country, oufitting every desk from say grades 5-12 with an interactive touchscreen and keyboard - the entire public education system, as a springboard to higher learning at Community College and University, could be completely overhauled with an aim to creating a system responsive to the unique educational needs, gifts and talents of each individual, where certain interests could be pursued on an advanced and accelerated basis. The result would be a resurgent and revitalized USA that would once again claim and maintain top spot in the global marketplace, and secure it's position for the remainder of the 21st century. Just think of the possibilities, and the increased economic performance that would be generated as a result..

Now compare that outcome to gutting the education system by pulling out funding ie: what the conservatives would do under the aegis of reducing government spending..

Obama is right that there is a role for government, and for continued investment, if it makes sense and will produce a return, which this kind of thing defintely would.

Or shall the dumbing down process continue..?

edit on 17-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
So, now Obama writes the History of Past Presidents and how they compare to him??? Wow.

Comparing Obama to any President before maybe Nixon should be against the Law. I am sure the next addition will be along the lines of "Bush1 decided to end the Dictator known as Saddam but decided to leave the dirty work to his son. Clinton decided to bomb Serbia. Bush2 finished the job his father did. Thank God for Obama so he could take it to the next level by using Facebook and Twitter to bring the Iraqis together with the US of A and make the Iraqi Government a viable one..." LOL......
edit on 16-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

Hold on now, I've read all the 'did you know' addendums at the bottom of the White house Presidents pages, they aren't really comparisons are they,

"Did you know?

•President Dwight Eisenhower established the President's Council on Youth Fitness on July 16, 1956 (now known as The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports) after learning from a study that American youth were less fit than European youth. Today the Council is still going strong—with Olympians and professional athletes on board—working in conjunction with the First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move initiative to help promote healthier lifestyles."

That's actually bringing President Eisenhower's project up to date, a bit of a stretch to say "comparing"

I've had a laugh at the satire here, some of it was funny, as it could be applied generally to most of the rest. I am disappointed in Obama's term so far, I thought he would have done much better than that other edjit before him. The trouble is, if Obama goes out, who's to replace him, or does it matter? I don't see much quality in most of the candidates.
edit on 17-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

1. Only thing that makes him worse is that he claimed to be different from Bush. And then turned into Bush. That's pretty bad, in and of itself. (Oh, wait. Some of the policies that he did change, from Bush's term, in his? I have a problem with. At least Bush didn't do those specific things.)

2. It's not that it bothers me that people think that Obama is the Devil, but more that they still don't see the threat that Bush was. Heck, I voted for the guy, and only really saw what trouble he was in his second election. but this doesn't mean that I'm cutting Obama, or any future president slack.

3. Those who think like I do, look at Romney and go: "Here we go again!"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Still doesn't explain Lybia.

No, it's not rational to expect him to automatically drop everything involved in these wars. But he ended 1 and did not bring those troops home, so he's a liar that reneges on his promises. not really a surprise, mind you.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Move on don't care to read anything further take that condescension elsewhere.

Second.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

An information super highway would make those before seemingly Neanderthal. I agree it is the way forward. I suppose the internet as it is, is more than a step in that way, even now we can have correct information instantly at hand, before it gets distorted or glossed over. Politicians don't like that, it lessens their power of manipulation and makes concealment harder.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

We have not yet tapped the power of computer networking or of computer networks and technology to revolutionize the entire learning process, and the technology is now at hand to do such a thing in a relatively affordible manner, especially if done in partnership with corporations like AT&T and the like. It would, however, require something akin to the type of political will and bypartisan cooperation which helped produce the Interstate Highway System, but in this case, it would be a superhighway of light via terrabit, fibre optic cabling. The end result would be a school system which itself would become the backbone of the future Internet (which was where it came from in the first place, for info sharing between Universities), and the whole thing could be done on a cloud computing basis, which is what the technology "wants", again reducing costs dramatically. And it would be flexible, so that the state cannot control what people are to think or believe, and thus it would encourage critical thinking and every manner of human learning and processing for increased understanding and retention.

Human Intellectual Capital Investment. It's not "condescending" at all, to anyone. It's empowering, which is the true nature of real and authentic power.

For all those with the ears to hear, let them hear!

Back on topic...

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 17-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit, typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The internet is only a tool. A man with a hammer who cannot hit the head of a nail is not a carpenter. A woman who has a scalpel but can only cut open veins that bleed a patient dry is not a surgeon. Any person with a needle who can not get the thread through the eye of that needle is not a tailor. They may have the tools, but a tool belt does not make one professional. The same holds true for the tools of teaching. If those tools are not used properly, then no one was educated. Perhaps indoctrinated, but certainly not educated. Technology will unlikely advance to any state that it teaches humans how to think.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I realize this is still off-topic, but part of the toolset would obviously include feedback mechanisms to ensure that real learning is taking place all along the way, and that all the basics are in place as the foundation upon which higher learning can begin to occur at an increasingly accelerated pace. Heck, some kids would graduate university in thier advanced topic/interest of choice by the time they even GET to university.

It would be a new day for the good 'ol USofA.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That toolset is useless if "real learning" isn't taking place now. New tools are not going to change that. We have compulsory education in every state, that has, in effect, created state indoctrination centers, and the tools you are lauding will only facilitate that, and not "real education". Some of the bright kids will manage to wade through this indoctrination - the bright ones usually do - but in the end we will have what we all ready have, stupid people with educations. The problem of education lies in the grip government has on it, not in the lack of tools to teach.

Frankly, I do not see this as off-topic in a thread about a President who zealously embraces the Leviathan state and its power over individuals.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I was a gifted kid in gradeschool and everything was just too easy. If I'd had access to a system which would have encouraged me to advance in accordance with my gifts and talents, instead of merely placing me in a box of 30 kids, who knows what I might have become or done.

Maybe we here at ATS have become just too paranoid and contemptuously biased.

I'm a Canadian myself, and I find the degree of Obama hatred both unusual and irrational.

Yes, such a system could be abused for purposes of indoctrination, but since it would access the larger internet, and would encourage out of the box, critical thinking, an essential prerequisit for the kind of ingenuity that's needed to realize the outcome (a highly competitve and successful US workforce), I'm not so sure you're right about that.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
That's prescisely the nub of things. The highways changed the way people lived and increased their awareness thorugh personal experience, the catalyst for that was the car. A information super highway will change things in an even bigger way, the catalyst for that is now, the internet and 'the need to know' which is anathema in our culture today. It means the whole ethos of 'need to know basis' and power and regulation would be turned on it's head, along with rhetorical politics, which is untruthful time wasting today. Remember most of us were conned with, "weapons of mass destruction" by our leaders, we may have had doubts, but it made no difference. These guys still bite the altar.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You lament the very system I am criticizing placed you in a box with 30 other kids. That is because of compulsory education legislation and a firm grip by government on the education system. Why should kids who genuinely want an education be forced to sit beside kids who don't even want to be there? The current "education" system is not an education system it is a state and federally funded day care center.

You speak to a tool that would facilitate critical thought and in that same paragraph prognosticate a "highly competitive workforce" without even a hint of irony. First of all, without captains of industry building businesses that create jobs, there will be a limited workforce. If the best this tool you're praising can do is produce a "workforce" we're in deep doo doo. How critical can your thinking be if you simply ignore the fact that there has to be a competitive market place before there can be a competitive workforce?

Further, as long as there are unions insisting on shoving collective bargaining down the throats of people this "highly competitive workforce" you speak of will never exist. Unless "highly competitive workforce" is actually code for Marxism, that highly competitive workforce will not exist until an actual free and unregulated market exists.

The federal government has no business sticking its nose into education, nor the market place, and yet this is what we have, because we keep electing government officials who promise to keep sticking their noses into matters they have no business doing so. The "hope" Obama promised is no different than the Messianic legacy Ron Paul supporters are promising, and all this belief in a Presidential savior is the product of state and federal indoctrination, whether that comes from the United States or Canada.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If I were Obama, i'd call it a CRISIS of great proportion and declare Human Intellectual Capital Development the central platform of my campaign for re-election, because it IS a crisis, and all the tools are now available for a revolution and a transformation, not in military affairs ala PNAC which led in no small part to the abysmal mess the USA now finds itself in, but in HUMAN AFFAIRS, something I do believe, in spite of all the naysaying, that Barack Obama, and his pretty smart wife (smarter than he is) actually favor. And this is what the "new age" demands..

Your either riding the wave of change and transformation, or you're laid waste on the beach of history, by it.

China and Asia would never catch up, and best of all, since this would revolutionize a generation of up-and-comers, future congressman and presidents and CEO's would be real thinking people with depth and nuance and increased Civil Conscious Awareness and understanding.

I tell you, from the outside looking in, the USA appears, through the lense of the MSM, to be a country of idiots and of the blind leading the blind, and if there's a problem with Obama, it's only that he's not as smart as he pretends to be, although he's smart enough I think to be open to good ideas no matter where they might come from..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I gave you a star for that, but Jean Paul, I don't think you quite catch the vision because you're so cynical in your mindset. As a gifted public school kid, with this kind of educational toolbox, one could, within a box of 30 kids one's own age, spend half of each day working on your B.Sc. in Physics, which could be completed before you even graduate highschool!

edit on 17-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

new topics
top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join